Pop songs you hate that mention God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 01:13 PM by onlinebiker.)
RE: Pop songs you hate that mention God
Counting Blue Cars by Dishwalla....

"Tell me all your thoughts on God, cuz I really want to meet her"...........

Edit to add.

Shit..

Just saw its " hate"

I actually like that song.....

DOH!!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 12:47 PM
While I appreciate the sentiment, the song is just too pussy. Except for this version. Vera will like this version. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-04-2017, 01:20 PM
(02-04-2017 12:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  While I appreciate the sentiment, the song is just too pussy. Except for this version. Vera will like this version. Big Grin

I have to perform this song in a few weeks. NOT looking forward to it.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
02-04-2017, 01:34 PM
(02-04-2017 01:20 PM)julep Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 12:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  While I appreciate the sentiment, the song is just too pussy. Except for this version. Vera will like this version. Big Grin

I have to perform this song in a few weeks. NOT looking forward to it.

Who in the world would want you to play that? Good gawd...call in sick...ick, that's an awful song on so many levels.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 01:39 PM
I don't get too jacked over passing references to god in song lyrics. Hell, there are even some classic Christmas songs I really like because they are good music and there's a bit of nostalgia there.

Do I want to hear what passes as Christian rock...no, probably not.

Songwriters write about a lot of things...some real personal messages, some to sell records, and some because the words work with the others.

Shit like "Jesus Take the Wheel" should be destroyed with fire though.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 01:59 PM
(02-04-2017 04:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think it's just one of those things left over from old people times that noones really bothered to change.
Everyone knows it, nobody here gives a rats ass about God either way so it's not doing any harm so why change it? Maybe we'll change it when we become a Republic who knows.
We can't even agree to change our shitty fucking flag though simply because our Prime Minister at the time proposed it and everyone had something against the guy because it's "cool" to hate on the National party when you're poor or an ethnic minority apparently, based on absolutely nothing I might add.
Well, actually, the change of flag was entirely meaningless. We still are in the British Commonweath and so it is appropriate to have the union jack in our flag. It would have just been an excercise of extravagance on John Key so he could brag that he changed the flag. Utterly meaningless.

But changing that god awful national anthem would be something to behold. They should get Shihad to give it a ramp up.
02-04-2017, 02:31 PM
(02-04-2017 01:20 PM)julep Wrote:  I have to perform this song in a few weeks. NOT looking forward to it.

Well then you might as well get this version stuck in your head.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
02-04-2017, 02:54 PM
(02-04-2017 01:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 01:20 PM)julep Wrote:  I have to perform this song in a few weeks. NOT looking forward to it.

Who in the world would want you to play that? Good gawd...call in sick...ick, that's an awful song on so many levels.

Oh, I wish I could...my vocal group has to sing a couple of services at the UU church where we rehearse in lieu of paying rent for the space. The interim minister (who's kind of a dick, and has terrible musical taste) has specifically requested this song.

Sad
02-04-2017, 02:56 PM
(02-04-2017 02:54 PM)julep Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 01:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Who in the world would want you to play that? Good gawd...call in sick...ick, that's an awful song on so many levels.

Oh, I don't want to...my vocal group has to sing a couple of services at the UU church where we rehearse in lieu of paying rent for the space. The interim minister (who's kind of a dick, and has terrible musical taste) has specifically requested this song.

Sad

My condolences.

****just a slob like one of us****

sing it with me Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 03:01 PM
(02-04-2017 02:31 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  

Well then you might as well get this version stuck in your head.

Laugh out load

Well, this performance is going to be at a UU church in Massachusetts. Probably at least half the congregation would prefer this version...
[+] 2 users Like julep's post