Pop songs you hate to admit you once liked a little even though they mention God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: Pop songs you hate to admit you once liked a little even though they mention God
I'll play along. But first I must explain that music (no matter the source or message) can be beautiful even if you don't believe the message. I still think Amazing Grace is a beautiful song. I of course don't believe the meaning but there is no denying, at least in my mind, that it is a very beautiful song.

As far as pop songs go... I remember hearing this a long time ago on VH1 (when they still played music) and I really liked it at the time. So much so that I actually went out and bought the CD. I didn't realize until after I bought the CD that they were a Christian band but I must admit, most of the songs on it were pretty good.

So here it is.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
08-04-2017, 07:28 PM
RE: Pop songs you hate to admit you once liked a little even though they mention God
And though not a Pop song, no other form of music stirs the emotions inside of me more than Opera. The few people in the world that can actually sing Opera are very few and far between. True Opera can almost move you to tears.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
08-04-2017, 08:05 PM
the truth for me is, music transcends any woo. I can go sing hymns if they are melodic and pleasing to the ear. It's just word salad at that point with good music.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
08-04-2017, 09:54 PM

[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-04-2017, 09:57 PM
In My Time Of Dying / Led Zeppelin
Star Spangled Banner / Jimi Hendrix
Spirit In The Sky / Norman Greenbaum
Knocking On Heavens Door / Bob Dylan / Guns N Roses
Sympathy For The Devil / Rolling Stones / Guns N Roses

I love all of these so the fact they have references to Jesus or God in the lyrics makes no difference to me
But were I American I would sing the Star Spangled Banner without the reference to God in the final verse

A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
[+] 2 users Like surreptitious57's post
09-04-2017, 01:27 PM
I still enjoy listening to old gospel hymns. Purely as part of my Southern culture and because I enjoy the music. I don't have to believe in Harry Potter to enjoy the books and films, and I don't have to believe in god to enjoy gospel music.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
28-04-2017, 05:05 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
28-04-2017, 05:08 AM

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
28-04-2017, 05:30 AM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-04-2017, 11:09 AM
... Mine is the sunlight
Mine is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise ev'ry morning
God's recreation of the new day.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.