Popcorn
Chips
[Show Results]

Popcorn or Chips?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 12:27 AM
RE: Popcorn or Chips?
Hmm never have been into either as a habit.

I have good childhood memories of airpop DRENCHED in butter with a bit of salt.

Chips were never a thing, except on holidays. Sun chips are amazing, other chips are fine..especially love potato chips in very good dip.

Over both of those things I prefer homemade nachos with homemade guac and sour cream.

I actually thought this was going to be a thread on what people like to eat while watching movies...I was going to say, PIZZA!.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
16-01-2016, 12:34 AM
[Image: 4200459296_e7cfd3b905_b.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-01-2016, 12:44 AM
(16-01-2016 12:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: 4200459296_e7cfd3b905_b.jpg]

Ahhh... fried potatoes, called "chips" in some countries. They are decidedly delicious and if I had to choose between fried potatoes (not necessarily French fries but other kinds of fried potatoes) and my beloved popcorn... potatoes would win. Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
16-01-2016, 01:51 AM
Popcorn is just boring. Chips can be dipped and there's no stupid kernels to bring despair.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
16-01-2016, 02:11 AM
(16-01-2016 01:51 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Popcorn is just boring. Chips can be dipped and there's no stupid kernels to bring despair.

Popcorn boring?

-plain
-salt
-butter
-salt and butter
-cinnamon and sugar
-garlic butter and Parmesan cheese
-Cajun spice with or without butter
-cooked in toasted sesame oil
-caramel
-chocolate
-probably a ton of popcorn balls on Pinterest that I don't have the patience for

I'm currently working on a bag that has yellow, red, and blue kernels.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
16-01-2016, 02:18 AM
(16-01-2016 02:11 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 01:51 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Popcorn is just boring. Chips can be dipped and there's no stupid kernels to bring despair.

Popcorn boring?

-plain
-salt
-butter
-salt and butter
-cinnamon and sugar
-caramel
-chocolate
-probably a ton of popcorn balls on Pinterest that I don't have the patience for

Yes boring. I don't care how much sugar and garlic you use it can't save popcorn from being boring.

Though I have to admit to only being used to salted popcorn with/without butter. But non of the others you have mentioned seem that exciting to me. . . sorry.
16-01-2016, 02:50 AM
Chips. With good beer and movie.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
16-01-2016, 02:55 AM
(15-01-2016 10:58 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 10:50 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I like popcorn, but I am a tortilla chips and guac addict. Drooling

I love guac too but I eat it on other things as much as I have it with chips. I will say my favorite chips are very thin, very crisp freshly fried tortilla chips. My favorite taco place has chips so thin they're almost transparent. I do love those but still nothing tops my love for popcorn. I actually crave popcorn sometimes. Drooling

The mexican restaurant I go to makes the best homemade tortilla chips ever. They are pretty thin as well and they put them in a paper bag right after they are done frying them, so you can just eat them while you are walking out of the restaurant Wink Their homemade guac is amazing too. Soooo addictive! I want some now Drooling

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-01-2016, 02:57 AM
(16-01-2016 02:11 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

Popcorn boring?

-plain
-salt
-butter
-salt and butter
-cinnamon and sugar
-caramel
-chocolate

Your post reminds me of the kettle corn at the farmers markets here ---sooo good! This thread is making me hungry Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-01-2016, 06:21 AM
Popcorn.

With maple syrup cooked to about 250f, cooled and mixed with butter ---- then dripped over popcorn.

Let cool. (This is the hard part -- waiting)..

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.