Popcorn or Chips?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 12:48 PM
RE: Popcorn or Chips?
(16-01-2016 09:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 10:59 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: 1446722726316681284.jpg]

This!

Popcorn though is a nostalgia thing for me too. I remember being at my grandparents' farm playing cards or other games with my grandmother. She would make a BIG batch of popcorn in a cast iron skillet, topped with lots of butter. Drooling

Popcorn was the first thing I learned to 'cook'. Just like being the human remote for dad he needed someone to operate the popcorn popper and, being the oldest, I was chosen. Tongue

The three of us kids would fight over who got the 'buttery pan'. We would melt the butter in a small saucepan and drizzle it over the popcorn. One of us got to use the pan instead of a bowl - more buttery goodness that way. Thumbsup

I love hearing the memories associated with a food. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2016, 01:23 PM
I don't care for either one. I prefer chocolate truffles and candy. Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Movie theater popcorn >>>> all.

But as far as chips go, I could tear down tortilla nacho chips and hot cheese or queso dip all day (+ spinach dip. Love it.)
[+] 2 users Like UndauntedToast's post
16-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Did somebody say chocolate truffles? Drooling

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
16-01-2016, 02:07 PM
(16-01-2016 01:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't care for either one. I prefer chocolate truffles and candy. Heart

I keep a bowl of assorted chocolate and other candies on the bar in the kitchen. I have to do the sweet/salty thing - after eating something really sweet I have to eat something salty for balance. Sometimes, that goes the other way and a salty snack has to be evened out with chocolate. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-01-2016, 02:09 PM
(16-01-2016 02:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 01:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't care for either one. I prefer chocolate truffles and candy. Heart

I keep a bowl of assorted chocolate and other candies on the bar in the kitchen. I have to do the sweet/salty thing - after eating something really sweet I have to eat something salty for balance. Sometimes, that goes the other way and a salty snack has to be evened out with chocolate. Undecided

Are there chocolate truffles in that jar? Are there? Drooling

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-01-2016, 02:17 PM
(16-01-2016 02:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 02:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I keep a bowl of assorted chocolate and other candies on the bar in the kitchen. I have to do the sweet/salty thing - after eating something really sweet I have to eat something salty for balance. Sometimes, that goes the other way and a salty snack has to be evened out with chocolate. Undecided

Are there chocolate truffles in that jar? Are there? Drooling

Actually, there are. They were a Christmas gift. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-01-2016, 03:47 PM
(16-01-2016 02:18 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 02:11 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Popcorn boring?

-plain
-salt
-butter
-salt and butter
-cinnamon and sugar
-garlic butter and Parmesan cheese
-Cajun spice with or without butter
-cooked in toasted sesame oil
-caramel
-chocolate
-probably a ton of popcorn balls on Pinterest that I don't have the patience for

I'm currently working on a bag that has yellow, red, and blue kernels.
Yes boring. I don't care how much sugar and garlic you use it can't save popcorn from being boring.

Though I have to admit to only being used to salted popcorn with/without butter. But non of the others you have mentioned seem that exciting to me. . . sorry.
Don't worry, butter and salt is pretty much as good as homemade gets. everything else is "fun" but nowhere as good Tongue. Chocolate popcorn is fine, but it's more like chocolate than popcorn.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
16-01-2016, 08:40 PM
Due to a rather extreme allergy, popcorn is a rare treat for me. Finding varieties that are safe can be challenging.

Chips on the other hand, offer me a wider spectrum of options. Best of all are Ruffles All Dressed, which I have shipped in from Canada from time to time.

.... MMMmmMMMmm, all dressed chips.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
16-01-2016, 08:41 PM
(16-01-2016 03:47 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 02:18 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Yes boring. I don't care how much sugar and garlic you use it can't save popcorn from being boring.

Though I have to admit to only being used to salted popcorn with/without butter. But non of the others you have mentioned seem that exciting to me. . . sorry.
Don't worry, butter and salt is pretty much as good as homemade gets. everything else is "fun" but nowhere as good Tongue. Chocolate popcorn is fine, but it's more like chocolate than popcorn.

That's like chocolate covered matzah. I don't know why they bother putting the matzah inside.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post