Pope Benedict appears in TV question-and-answer show
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Pope Benedict appears in TV question-and-answer show
April 22, 2011

Pope Benedict XVI has made history as the first pontiff to take part in a televised question-and-answer session.

The pre-recorded programme was broadcast on the Italian Rai channel on Good Friday afternoon.

Seven questions were chosen from thousands submitted for the Pope to answer during the 80-minute programme.

Most of the questions, from people across the world, dealt with the struggle with suffering.

TV viewers saw a split screen, with the Pope sitting in the Vatican library and those asking the questions filmed near their homes.

The first question was asked by a seven-year-old Japanese girl traumatised by the recent devastating earthquake and tsunami. (More @ BBC News)
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2011, 06:08 PM
RE: Pope Benedict appears in TV question-and-answer show
To a Muslim woman in the Ivory Coast who asked his advice about how to cope with the conflict that has afflicted her country, he (Pope Benedict) said people should look to Christ as an example of peace.

"Violence never comes from God, never helps bring anything good, but is a destructive means and not the path to escape difficulties," he (Pope Benedict) said.

Pope Benedict didn't read the same bible that I and many others here have read.

He also didn't allow an open forum so people with hard questions could not participate.

I am so impressed that I could throw up.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply