Pope Creates Child Abuse Tribunal.. What a Farce!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Pope Creates Child Abuse Tribunal.. What a Farce!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pope...ar-BBkUUtd

Quote:Initially the complaints would be investigated by one of three Vatican departments, depending on whose jurisdiction the bishops were under.

They would then be judged by the doctrinal department.

The panel was set up by Pope Francis in 2013 to help dioceses improve abuse prevention measures and support victims. It is made up of 17 clerics and lay people from around the world.

So, it sounds like they are basically investigating themselves from what I can tell. No outside oversight to call foul when they decide to do absolutely nothing, and cover up even more crap. What a joke.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
10-06-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Pope Creates Child Abuse Tribunal.. What a Farce!
I can't remember if this is discussed elsewhere on the forum, so I'll ask here.

Do Bishops/Cardinals/etc... enjoy some form of diplomatic immunity for their affiliation with the Vatican City State, or could they be arrested and sent to our prisons without violating international law? Or Germany's prisons, or Ireland's?

Bubba's lookin pretty lonely! Just sayin!

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-06-2015, 07:25 AM
I'd just like to see the people get turned over to the authorities for investigation, you know, like it works for everyone else in the world not protected by a multinational institution.
[+] 9 users Like RobbyPants's post
14-06-2015, 10:00 PM
"I'm da pope, so me and my mates don't have to live by the same rules as the rest of the civilised world. We invent our own rules; we fuck you over and then fuck your kids, and we're not accountable to anyone"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2015, 10:20 PM
Well why not? We have criminals making our laws,and thieves running our banks. Makes sense.
14-06-2015, 10:33 PM
(10-06-2015 06:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I can't remember if this is discussed elsewhere on the forum, so I'll ask here.

Do Bishops/Cardinals/etc... enjoy some form of diplomatic immunity for their affiliation with the Vatican City State, or could they be arrested and sent to our prisons without violating international law? Or Germany's prisons, or Ireland's?

Bubba's lookin pretty lonely! Just sayin!

The Holy See (Latin: Sancta Sedes; Ecclesiastical Latin: [ˈsaŋkta ˈsedes]) is the ecclesiastical jurisdiction of the Catholic Church in Rome, the episcopal see of the Bishop of Rome—the Pope. It is the central point of reference for the church everywhere and the focal point of communion due to its prominence. It traces its origin to the apostolic era, when Saint Peter arrived in Rome to evangelize, thus forming a community of believers there which maintained a significant Christian presence. Today, it is responsible for the governance of the faithful, organized in their local Christian communities.
The Holy See is viewed as analogous to a sovereign state, having a centralized government called the Roman Curia with the Secretary of State as its chief administrator and various departments essential to administration comparable to ministries and executive departments. It enters diplomatic relations with states, and has Vatican City as its sovereign territory.
Diplomatically, the Holy See acts and speaks for the whole church. It is also recognized by other subjects of international law as a sovereign entity, headed by the Pope, with which diplomatic relations can be maintained.[2][3] Often incorrectly referred to as "the Vatican", the "Holy See" is not the same entity as the "Vatican City State", which came into existence only in 1929 because of the Lateran Treaty; the Holy See, the episcopal see of Rome, dates back to antiquity. Ambassadors are officially accredited not to the Vatican City State but to "the Holy See", and Papal representatives to states and international organizations are recognized as representing the Holy See, not the Vatican City State.

Though all episcopal sees may be considered holy, the expression "the Holy See" (without further specification) is normally used in international relations (and in the canon law of the Catholic Church)[4] to refer to the See of Rome viewed as the central government of the Catholic Church.

Holy See

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 11:53 PM
That's like setting up a Nazi blue ribbon panel on Jew abuse.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
14-06-2015, 11:59 PM
I'd like to see the Church prosecuted in America under our RICO statutes.

Pie-in-the-sky, I know ... but one can dream.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-06-2015, 12:08 AM
(14-06-2015 11:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'd like to see the Church prosecuted in America under our RICO statutes.

Pie-in-the-sky, I know ... but one can dream.

Hell, I'd just be happy if Catholic priests had to register as agents of a foreign power. (Yes, that's a thing. If you're in this country with the primary job of doing the work of another country, you have to register as such.) Because recognizing Catholicism as a religion AND a nation and giving it the protections of both goes so far beyond equality under the law that it defies my ability to craft a humorous metaphor, and there should be a downside.
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
15-06-2015, 01:20 AM
They actually have a book that is given out to all the priests that give all the procedures on how to cover up the evidence when a priest is accused of child abuse. An actual book with a hardback cover and everything.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ