Pope Francis: Same-Sex Marriage 'Threatens To Disfigure God's Plan'

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: Pope Francis: Same-Sex Marriage 'Threatens To Disfigure God's Plan'
If churches don't want to have wedding ceremonies where they bless and therefore recognize same-sex unions I don't have an issue with that.

However, marriage as a legal union, a contract in the eyes of the law, is a completely different thing.

Separation between church and state...simply.

Marriage and holy matrimony are two different things. They can occur together or separately depending on the situation.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
17-01-2015, 11:33 AM
Quote:"Pope Francis: Same-Sex Marriage 'Threatens To Disfigure God's Plan'"

(17-01-2015 07:01 AM)Ace Wrote:  he says the kids in jail could had parents looking after them if same sex couples were allowed to get married and adopt

WTAF is he saying with those two things in the same speech? Even though God's plan means those kids don't get parents, that's better?

Religion is the way...
to close your heart. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
17-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Kids deserve loving, involved parents. I just don't understand why it matters if they are same or opposite sex.

Lots of single parents do a great job raising their kids alone. Sometimes it's because of a disinterested or absent (perhaps deceased) other parent. What is next on the chopping block - one-sex parents?

If you follow the 'logic', only a man and a woman together can raise a child in a manner that is acceptable.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-01-2015, 02:13 PM
There are so many infuriating aspects surrounding this visit that I don't even know where to begin.

Here we have a country where poverty appears to be rampant (quick search on Google), with countless children victims to this human scourge, and the best solution the authorities come up with is gathering these kids, lock them up together, with no regards as to their basic needs, which they probably don't have on the streets anyway, and picking some of them to make them sweep the streets well enough so that the international opinion and the Pope don't get to grossed out by the reality they live in, because that's a job beneath the devout average Catholic resident, who has no interest whatsoever in presenting their land as best as possible to their incoming religious leader, since apparently the poor are responsible for the condition they are in. What happened to "You shall love your neighbor as yourself"?

All the while, we have this same Pope attempting to play chameleon, because of course there's no room for same-sex marriage in a conservative country. Too bad coherence appears to be such a difficult enterprise for him.
[+] 1 user Likes Silmar's post
17-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Did the pope mention which plan is being disfigured?

Was it the one where he put 2 people with no knowledge of right and wrong next to the one thing he didn't want them to do and then got made at them when they tried it?

Or the one where he cleaned the earth of evil behaviour by drowning every living thing except for 8 of the people who were inherently bad from his first plan?

Or the one where he tortured and killed himself for a couple of days to sacrifice himself to himself to forgive the people descended from the 8 he saved in the second plan for all the things they did because they were inherently bad from the first plan?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Unlike a catholic priest who only disfigures the psyche and anuses of little children.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
17-01-2015, 03:57 PM
So, in addition to being omniscient which means he knows everything, he is also omnipotent which means he can see the future which means he knows everything ABOUT the future, AND the fact that he knowingly created people as being homosexuals just so he could damn them to hell because he created them.

He couldn't see far enough into the future that society would change and allow them to marry?

and....them being married which "btw" just because humans and their faulty primitive ways allow them too does NOT mean god himself has to accept the marraige and by the christians very own faith bible and beliefs, because God does not approve, those gay people's marriage doesn't actually count!

So pretending they are married and living together and paying even MORE taxes then single gay people....is ruining a perfect divine plan set up by an Omniscient all powerful being. being...HOW?! Facepalm

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
17-01-2015, 04:20 PM
(17-01-2015 10:45 AM)Sam Wrote:  The mask is beginning to slip... All this shit about him being more progressive and liberally minded than the previous pope... No, its the same shitty old Catholic church.

Still longing for the good old days of the 13th century, before that sinful Renaissance, and that pesky Enlightenment.

I'd be that ol' Popy's supervisors just got antsy about the bigot-component of the church that their puppet had not made many steps to placate yet; hence this stuff.

Watching the Catholic church do it's little 'internal politics dance' is rather amusing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
18-01-2015, 01:58 AM
(17-01-2015 10:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  I thought this joker was supposed to be halfway kosher - had almost got as far as saying homosexuality wasn't a sin even? Now he's really arse-about-faced Undecided

Dammit. When a fair proportion of a billion people listen to you for *whatever* reason, one would hope you'd be using that leverage for a good cause. Prat.

Using their leverage for the good of humanity has never ever been on the Vatican's agenda. It has always, always, been all about boosting their own power and income.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-01-2015, 03:29 AM
If that's all it takes, then I call your god a weak ass.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post