Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly
Like seriously. He's starting to sound like a secular humanist who just happens to have some bizarre and peculiar and untenable metaphysics. Kinda like KingsChosen 'cept instead of being a barkeep and bouncer and peacekeeper at a little cafe at the end of the internet, HE'S THE GODDAM MOTHERFUCKING POPE. Blink ... Blink ... Bechased

So I come to the three questions you put to me in the article of August 7. It seems to me that, in the first two, what is in your heart is to understand the attitude of the Church to those who don’t share faith in Jesus. First of all, you ask me if the God of Christians forgives one who doesn’t believe and doesn’t seek the faith. Premise that – and it’s the fundamental thing – the mercy of God has no limits if one turns to him with a sincere and contrite heart; the question for one who doesn’t believe in God lies in obeying one’s conscience. Sin, also for those who don’t have faith, exists when one goes against one’s conscience. To listen to and to obey it means, in fact, to decide in face of what is perceived as good or evil. And on this decision pivots the goodness or malice of our action.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-09-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly
(12-09-2013 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Like seriously. He's starting to sound like a secular humanist who just happens to have some bizarre and peculiar and untenable metaphysics. Kinda like KingsChosen 'cept instead of being a barkeep and bouncer and peacekeeper at a little cafe at the end of the internet, HE'S THE GODDAM MOTHERFUCKING POPE. Blink ... Blink ... Bechased

So I come to the three questions you put to me in the article of August 7. It seems to me that, in the first two, what is in your heart is to understand the attitude of the Church to those who don’t share faith in Jesus. First of all, you ask me if the God of Christians forgives one who doesn’t believe and doesn’t seek the faith. Premise that – and it’s the fundamental thing – the mercy of God has no limits if one turns to him with a sincere and contrite heart; the question for one who doesn’t believe in God lies in obeying one’s conscience. Sin, also for those who don’t have faith, exists when one goes against one’s conscience. To listen to and to obey it means, in fact, to decide in face of what is perceived as good or evil. And on this decision pivots the goodness or malice of our action.

Quite so! No good committing some atrocity and then saying " "God told me to do it".
Conscience needs to be based on our best secular reasonings.
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
12-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Says the pope:

Quote:Jews have kept their faith in God. And for this, we shall never be sufficiently grateful to them as Church, but also as humanity.

Until they're burning in hell, because jews are purists and didn't like the sequel. Fucking jews.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
12-09-2013, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 09:50 PM by ridethespiral.)
Yeah the vatican ain't stupid, it's a country after all...

He's playing his cards very well, he's a peoples pope/workers pope/3rd world pope and he understands that pomp and extravagance in Rome and the 'mega christian right' has weakened the image of the church and he understands that he can't argue with secularism and win, so why not swim with the tide on the petty stuff?

...I hate to admit it but I think he might be useful on the world stage in the coming decade.

[+] 11 users Like ridethespiral's post
12-09-2013, 09:58 PM
(12-09-2013 09:47 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yeah the vatican ain't stupid, it's a country after all...

He's playing his cards very well, he's a peoples pope/workers pope/3rd world pope and he understands that pomp and extravagance in Rome and the 'mega christian right' has weakened the image of the church and he understands that he can't argue with secularism and win, so why not swim with the tide on the petty stuff?

...I hate to admit it but I think he might be useful on the world stage in the coming decade.
You're probably right.
[+] 2 users Like Juv's post
12-09-2013, 10:13 PM
(12-09-2013 09:58 PM)Juv Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 09:47 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yeah the vatican ain't stupid, it's a country after all...

You're probably right.

The problem is that his shift in tone doesn't bind the church, beyond the occasional decree. He (quite sincerely) baits the flock in with the sugar and honey, and twenty years from now when he's gone a bunch of conservative cardinals who thought he was WAY too nice switch in another Benedict.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
12-09-2013, 10:16 PM

I'll give him this much: he is worldly. He has spent years on the ground and in the streets and he understands people on a basic level. This gives him a lot of credulity with the common man, more so than his contemporary predecessors.

He's also been involved in some really shady shit involving powerful people who make less powerful people disappear. This gives him an inside edge in the politics. He's already rubbed shoulders with evil men and come out smelling like a rose.

I for one vote him for antichrist.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
12-09-2013, 10:59 PM
(12-09-2013 10:16 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I for one vote him for antichrist.

That's what's fucking scaring me.

This dude, he don't scare Girly for shit.
[Image: pope.jpg]

But this dude? ... He scares the fuck outta me. Bechased
[Image: pope2.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-09-2013, 11:04 PM
I don't know what to tell you.

Keep your friends close.............................

Keep an eye on everyone else. Shit be crazy these days.

Bout all you can do.

(I'ma go kiss my boys while they sleep)

~ Umberto Eco
12-09-2013, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2013 07:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
There is something to be said about the obvious evil you can see coming from a mile away, over the man offering you a helping hand and hiding a crowbar behind his back with the other.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post