Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly
It's honey on a forked tongue ... from a man who's brushing up on his Chopraspeak.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-09-2015, 09:38 PM
(08-09-2015 08:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So ... turns out Catholics can get divorced and remarry. Just call it something else. "Annulment". Pay $600.00 and an uncontested annulment is a certainty.

It's a "Year of Mercy", doncha know. Like in other years their god is bitch.
The mind is boggled by the crap that flow from Mother Church.

So like ... everything they said when I was kid and proclaimed to be the god-given truth is not true any more?

Those bastards passed the collection plate and I put money in it for lies?

I want my fucken money back, bitches!

Drinking Beverage

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
08-09-2015, 09:42 PM
(08-09-2015 08:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So ... turns out Catholics can get divorced and remarry. Just call it something else. "Annulment". Pay $600.00 EXTRA, to the Church and not the government, and an uncontested annulment is a certainty.

Sorry, had to add what I thought was pertinent.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
08-09-2015, 11:02 PM
(08-09-2015 08:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So ... turns out Catholics can get divorced and remarry. Just call it something else. "Annulment". Pay $600.00 and an uncontested annulment is a certainty.

I thought the rules *used* to be something along the lines that you had to prove you hadn't fucked... Poor ol' Henry the Eighth had such problems getting a divorce that he had to create his own church - and chop off his wives heads for good measure... $600 seems like a bargain.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-09-2015, 12:52 AM
(08-09-2015 11:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  

I thought the rules *used* to be something along the lines that you had to prove you hadn't fucked... Poor ol' Henry the Eighth had such problems getting a divorce that he had to create his own church - and chop off his wives heads for good measure... $600 seems like a bargain.

Depends on how much the executioner costs. Evil_monster

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
09-09-2015, 09:03 AM

I think the old rules included that if the marriage had never been "consummated" they could grant one. Catherine of Aragon had a kid or two by Henry VIII so they couldn't go that route. I can't remember why it's still in Rome, in the Vatican Library, but my gramps took me once to see the (or one of the) "Bulls" where the Pope either said no deal, or excommuncated Henry. There's a reason it's still in Rome, (you'd think it should be in England) ... but it's quite the fancy-shmancy "boxed" or book document, covered with red velvet tassles.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-09-2015, 09:43 AM

Reminds me of the old joke --

Q: Why is divorce so expensive?
A: Because it's worth it.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
24-09-2015, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2015 07:08 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-09-2015 09:43 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 11:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  I thought the rules *used* to be something along the lines that you had to prove you hadn't fucked... Poor ol' Henry the Eighth had such problems getting a divorce that he had to create his own church - and chop off his wives heads for good measure... $600 seems like a bargain.

Reminds me of the old joke --

I'm sick of the coverage already. The cult of celebrity. Enough already. One more day of the Pope on CNN I may have to watch "Keeping up with the Dumbshits who Don't Even have 1 Book in Their House".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-09-2015, 12:46 AM
I sure am glad I don't own a TV, then.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-09-2015, 07:00 AM
(24-09-2015 09:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 09:43 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Reminds me of the old joke --

I'm sick of the coverage already. The cult of celebrity. Enough already. One more day of the Pope on CNN I may have to watch "Keeping up with the Dumbshits who Don't Even have a Book in Their House".

Good news - the Duggars are returning to TV, so you'll have an alternative choice in programming.

Duggars Redux

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?