Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly
(12-09-2013 11:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is something to be said about the obvious evil you can see coming from a mile away, over the man offering you helping hand and hiding a crowbar behind his back with the other.

Problem is, the world is only looking for the helping hand.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2013 07:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(12-09-2013 11:22 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 11:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is something to be said about the obvious evil you can see coming from a mile away, over the man offering you helping hand and hiding a crowbar behind his back with the other.

Problem is, the world is only looking for the helping hand.

PRECISELY! They strike when they are least expected, because no one expects...

[Image: inquisition.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
13-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Don't fall for that cunning asshole, he has good PR advisers, but his ideas are just as bad as the previous guy.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
13-09-2013, 01:08 AM

(13-09-2013 12:01 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Don't fall for that cunning asshole, he has good PR advisers, but his ideas are just as bad as the previous guy.

I was surprised to find how many people bought into his "humility". And I'm not talking only about religious Catholics (they'd cheer at anything a pope says, no matter what it is), I'm saying that even some nonreligious people I know have fallen for it. As someone has said, at the RCC they know very well that many people criticise them for their wealth, so this was an unsurprising move to keep the flock amazed with how the pope is a man of the people, while in reality nothing will change. It's just a PR show.
Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2013, 02:28 AM
So far the only thing this Pope has actually done is make it illegal to report crimes by priests against children. Obvious evil is easier to deal with but this guy.... I'm with Girly this dude scares the fuck outta me.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-09-2013, 03:30 AM
(12-09-2013 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Like seriously. He's starting to sound like a secular humanist who just happens to have some bizarre and peculiar and untenable metaphysics. Kinda like KingsChosen 'cept instead of being a barkeep and bouncer and peacekeeper at a little cafe at the end of the internet, HE'S THE GODDAM MOTHERFUCKING POPE. Blink ... Blink ... Bechased

So I come to the three questions you put to me in the article of August 7. It seems to me that, in the first two, what is in your heart is to understand the attitude of the Church to those who don’t share faith in Jesus. First of all, you ask me if the God of Christians forgives one who doesn’t believe and doesn’t seek the faith. Premise that – and it’s the fundamental thing – the mercy of God has no limits if one turns to him with a sincere and contrite heart; the question for one who doesn’t believe in God lies in obeying one’s conscience. Sin, also for those who don’t have faith, exists when one goes against one’s conscience. To listen to and to obey it means, in fact, to decide in face of what is perceived as good or evil. And on this decision pivots the goodness or malice of our action.

I've been tryin to tell you peeps that there is a tradition of liberal European Christianity, (which has always been there), that if one follows one's conscience, then "I'm ok, yer ok". Just cuz US Fundies are so frikin' ignorant, doesn't mean they all are. Do you listen to the Fullerene ? No. Maybe now ya will. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-09-2013, 04:27 AM
All I know is from his PR...and I gotta say, based on that, he is doing well. Maybe his intention is just to keep Catholicism attractive enough to remain relevant. Maybe he a actually believes the shit he says. Either way, it is a step in the right direction. Next thing you know queers can be moral! (Note, I said can muffs). If being irreligious becomes acceptable, I dunno what I'd do with myself. Probably eat a baby while I have gay sex and getting the mark of the beast tattooed on my forehead on a streaming video just to put things back to normal again Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
13-09-2013, 05:45 AM
It's called evolution. Small changes (there aren't any big ones I see atm) to help an organism survive. The Vatican has to do this in order for it to survive. Under a microscope and heavy scrutiny as well as full access to their records, they'd crumble. They're learning the trait of camouflage. I'm not surprised at all. I call these colors "A dash of pseudo-rationale" as it's still the same shit they're peddling.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
13-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Actions speak louder than words. He can fluff all he wants but if he doesn't make any changes within the church or church doctrine then it is just that, words.
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
13-09-2013, 06:51 AM
(13-09-2013 04:27 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Maybe his intention is just to keep Catholicism attractive enough to remain relevant.

That! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man