Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2013, 07:39 AM
RE: Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly
Going with what DL said - Catholicism: Bringing the hip back to what used to break your hip for no good reason.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
13-09-2013, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2013 02:49 PM by Chas.)
Meh. I'm giddy with hope. Drinking Beverage

[/sardonic]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-09-2013, 08:01 AM
I think you have a bit of an Obama situation here really. He is supposed to a pope for the peeps, but he's got to do battle with his own organization to make any progress...Time will tell if he is just a talking head or something more.

13-09-2013, 09:02 AM
(13-09-2013 08:01 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I think you have a bit of an Obama situation here really. He is supposed to a pope for the peeps, but he's got to do battle with his own organization to make any progress...Time will tell if he is just a talking head or something more.

This is exactly how I feel about it. :/
13-09-2013, 11:01 AM
(13-09-2013 05:45 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  It's called evolution. Small changes (there aren't any big ones I see atm) to help an organism survive. The Vatican has to do this in order for it to survive. Under a microscope and heavy scrutiny as well as full access to their records, they'd crumble. They're learning the trait of camouflage. I'm not surprised at all. I call these colors "A dash of pseudo-rationale" as it's still the same shit they're peddling.

Yep. They already know that without belief, unbelief would not even exist and vice versa; they just don't want anyone else to suddenly realize this.

Because many people are beginning to become aware that belief is unnecessary and even extremely unhealthy, the peddlers of this mass delusion are scrambling to "accept" the very thing they've so long rejected: unbelief. Acceptance may give unbelief a certain credulity (and therefore empowerment) ... but overt acceptance of unbelief, will most certainly provide belief with continued strength, even at the edge of demise.

It is simply another controlling strategy in the chess game for peoples' minds.

And therefore those skilled in war bring the enemy to the field of battle and are not brought there by him. ~ Sun Tzu

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-09-2013, 02:43 PM
(12-09-2013 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Like seriously. He's starting to sound like a secular humanist who just happens to have some bizarre and peculiar and untenable metaphysics. Kinda like KingsChosen 'cept instead of being a barkeep and bouncer and peacekeeper at a little cafe at the end of the internet, HE'S THE GODDAM MOTHERFUCKING POPE. Blink ... Blink ... Bechased

So I come to the three questions you put to me in the article of August 7. It seems to me that, in the first two, what is in your heart is to understand the attitude of the Church to those who don’t share faith in Jesus. First of all, you ask me if the God of Christians forgives one who doesn’t believe and doesn’t seek the faith. Premise that – and it’s the fundamental thing – the mercy of God has no limits if one turns to him with a sincere and contrite heart; the question for one who doesn’t believe in God lies in obeying one’s conscience. Sin, also for those who don’t have faith, exists when one goes against one’s conscience. To listen to and to obey it means, in fact, to decide in face of what is perceived as good or evil. And on this decision pivots the goodness or malice of our action.

Face it Girly, Francis is Emperor Palpatine... Before he was horribly disfigured
[Image: pope-francis1.jpg]
-
[Image: url?sa=i&source=images&c...1404374095]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
13-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Had to go Hitch me some Frys as an antidote, or at least an emetic.

Punch line:

Full debate:

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-09-2013, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2013 11:26 AM by GirlyMan.)
And now I'm scared shitless again. This is not your father's Pope. [Image: Cowering.gif]

"A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' We must always consider the person. Here we enter into the mystery of the human being. In life, God accompanies persons, and we must accompany them, starting from their situation. It is necessary to accompany them with mercy."

“The church sometimes has locked itself up in small things, in small-minded rules. The most important thing is the first proclamation: Jesus Christ has saved you. And the ministers of the church must be ministers of mercy above all."

“We cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptive methods. This is not possible. I have not spoken much about these things, and I was reprimanded for that. But when we speak about these issues, we have to talk about them in a context. The teaching of the church, for that matter, is clear and I am a son of the church, but it is not necessary to talk about these issues all the time."

#sigh
20-09-2013, 11:44 AM
(12-09-2013 11:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is something to be said about the obvious evil you can see coming from a mile away, over the man offering you a helping hand and hiding a crowbar behind his back with the other.

...carry a big stick
[+] 1 user Likes gall's post
20-09-2013, 01:38 PM
(20-09-2013 11:44 AM)gall Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 11:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  There is something to be said about the obvious evil you can see coming from a mile away, over the man offering you a helping hand and hiding a crowbar behind his back with the other.

...carry a big stick

Big Grin

[Image: mon-1101.jpg]

#sigh