Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2013, 01:41 PM
RE: Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly
I would love to see the people responsible for PR right after he makes these statements. They must be have that WTF look on their faces.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-09-2013, 01:48 PM
(20-09-2013 01:41 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I would love to see the people responsible for PR right after he makes these statements. They must be have that WTF look on their faces.

why? I'd love to have his PR team, and I'm sure they're the ones who make him say that stuff...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
20-09-2013, 01:55 PM
(20-09-2013 01:48 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 01:41 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I would love to see the people responsible for PR right after he makes these statements. They must be have that WTF look on their faces.

why? I'd love to have his PR team, and I'm sure they're the ones who make him say that stuff...

OK, then I'd love to see the people that don't like what he's saying and love the status quo...I know, I'm a jerk but seeing them squirm would please me.Big Grin

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
20-09-2013, 01:55 PM
(20-09-2013 01:48 PM)nach_in Wrote:  

I doubt that. Dude feels fucking genuine to me. Kinda like KingsChosen except "Fuck off. I'm the goddam motherfucking Pope ... bitches." Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I'll say he's genuine when he genuinely changes some policy... Until then I'll stay with his words when he was a cardinal said gay marriage was "a move of the father of lies to destroy god's plan" and that gays where the devil's children.

Everything else is a PR stunt. I do hope he proves me wrong though

[+] 6 users Like nach_in's post
20-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Here is the Francis we grew to know and (not) love;

Pope Francis offered an olive branch of sorts to the doctrine-minded, conservative wing of the Catholic Church on Friday as he denounced abortion as a symptom of today's "throw-away culture" and encouraged Catholic doctors to refuse to perform them.

...He did repeat that message on Friday, however. In his comments, Francis denounced today's "throw-away culture" that justifies disposing of lives, and said doctors in particular had been forced into situations where they are called to "not respect life."

"Every child that isn't born, but is unjustly condemned to be aborted, has the face of Jesus Christ, has the face of the Lord," he said.
(CBC News)

Yeah, our modern "throw-away" culture, where we care so little about human lives as compared to the church's golden days of the crusades.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
20-09-2013, 07:27 PM
I find it a little disconcerting that he's getting credit for saying what most of the world already knows.

Also, he should prefice anything he says with a profound apology to the world for the past behaviour of the Vatican. That apology should be extensive, and mention all the specifics of past crimes against humanity. It should be unqualified. He needs to apologise to Moslems, Protestants, gay people, women (that's half the human race) children everywhere (that's the whole human race,) particularly anyone who's had the unfortunate experience of attending a catholic school. He should hand the records of all priest child sex abusers over to secular authorities in all countries. The CDF, as was headed by ex pope Benedict should be put on trial for covering up child sex abuse and thereby allowing abusers to run free and reoffend. He should then use the Vatican's vast wealth to recompense people for all the wrongs they've done. In cases where that's not possible money should be donated to humanitarian causes. He should hand the control of all the schools they own over to secular people. He should stop promoting prayer as the solution to the world's problems, and in fact he should be specifically telling people not to pray. He should apologise for promoting the Bible, an immoral book written largely by his own mob, as truth. He should start paying tax, and so should all the other Churches around the world.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
20-09-2013, 08:23 PM
(20-09-2013 07:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I find it a little disconcerting that he's getting credit for saying what most of the world already knows.

Also, he should prefice anything he says with a profound apology to the world for the past behaviour of the Vatican. That apology should be extensive, and mention all the specifics of past crimes against humanity. It should be unqualified. He needs to apologise to Moslems, Protestants, gay people, women (that's half the human race) children everywhere (that's the whole human race,) particularly anyone who's had the unfortunate experience of attending a catholic school. He should hand the records of all priest child sex abusers over to secular authorities in all countries. The CDF, as was headed by ex pope Benedict should be put on trial for covering up child sex abuse and thereby allowing abusers to run free and reoffend. He should then use the Vatican's vast wealth to recompense people for all the wrongs they've done. In cases where that's not possible money should be donated to humanitarian causes. He should hand the control of all the schools they own over to secular people. He should stop promoting prayer as the solution to the world's problems, and in fact he should be specifically telling people not to pray. He should apologise for promoting the Bible, an immoral book written largely by his own mob, as truth. He should start paying tax, and so should all the other Churches around the world.

I see you got tired of typing, but don't worry, we get the general idea Thumbsup

21-09-2013, 04:29 AM

(20-09-2013 06:48 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  "Every child that isn't born, but is unjustly condemned to be aborted, has the face of Jesus Christ, has the face of the Lord," he said.[/i](CBC News)

Yeah, our modern "throw-away" culture, where we care so little about human lives as compared to the church's golden days of the crusades.

[Image: op9vd.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Philosoraptor's post
21-09-2013, 01:41 PM
(21-09-2013 04:29 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 06:48 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  "Every child that isn't born, but is unjustly condemned to be aborted, has the face of Jesus Christ, has the face of the Lord," he said.[/i](CBC News)

[Image: op9vd.jpg]

Also taking into consideration that they believe their God is responsible for our creation, and thus needs to take responsibility for our physiology. Now add to that the fact that women's bodies naturally abort 18% of fertilized zygotes (complete with human souls, so the RC believes). That's almost 1 natural abortion for every 4 viable birth across all of human history. Their God is the greatest abortionist of all time... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post