Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2013, 09:26 PM
RE: Pope Francis is starting to scare the shit outta Girly
(23-09-2013 02:48 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Don't worry, it is just the ol' good pope, bad pope routine.

False. There is no such thing as a 'good pope', they do not exist... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-09-2013, 04:23 AM
(20-09-2013 08:23 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 07:27 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I find it a little disconcerting that he's getting credit for saying what most of the world already knows.

Also, he should prefice anything he says with a profound apology to the world for the past behaviour of the Vatican. That apology should be extensive, and mention all the specifics of past crimes against humanity. It should be unqualified. He needs to apologise to Moslems, Protestants, gay people, women (that's half the human race) children everywhere (that's the whole human race,) particularly anyone who's had the unfortunate experience of attending a catholic school. He should hand the records of all priest child sex abusers over to secular authorities in all countries. The CDF, as was headed by ex pope Benedict should be put on trial for covering up child sex abuse and thereby allowing abusers to run free and reoffend. He should then use the Vatican's vast wealth to recompense people for all the wrongs they've done. In cases where that's not possible money should be donated to humanitarian causes. He should hand the control of all the schools they own over to secular people. He should stop promoting prayer as the solution to the world's problems, and in fact he should be specifically telling people not to pray. He should apologise for promoting the Bible, an immoral book written largely by his own mob, as truth. He should start paying tax, and so should all the other Churches around the world.

I see you got tired of typing, but don't worry, we get the general idea Thumbsup

yeah, i could've kept going, but hardly anyone reads more than about 10 lines, of my writing anyway
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
24-09-2013, 04:29 AM

(24-09-2013 04:23 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  yeah, i could've kept going, but hardly anyone reads more than about 10 lines, of my writing anyway

Ah, modesty... Angel

I, on the other hand, think that you should write here more often. And I'm sure many would agree.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
24-09-2013, 05:55 AM
I am still quivering with unbridled optimism. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-09-2013, 09:27 AM
(24-09-2013 04:23 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(20-09-2013 08:23 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I see you got tired of typing, but don't worry, we get the general idea Thumbsup

yeah, i could've kept going, but hardly anyone reads more than about 10 lines, of my writing anyway

You know thats not true Mark. Oh and speaking of your writing is that book of your almost ready to be published? Such a shame that others have not yet been able to get a chance to read it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-10-2013, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 10:00 AM by GirlyMan.)
The fuck is up with this guy? Now he's granting interviews to atheists? He's gonna get hisself killed. Some Opus Dei fucker's gonna end up assassinating him.

"Your Holiness, you said that you have no intention of trying to convert me and I do not think you would succeed."
"We cannot know that, but I don't have any such intention. ... Proselytism is solemn nonsense, it makes no sense. We need to get to know each other, listen to each other and improve our knowledge of the world around us."

"Agape, the love of each one of us for the other, from the closest to the furthest, is in fact the only way that Jesus has given us to find the way of salvation and of the Beatitudes."

"Your Holiness, is there is a single vision of the Good? And who decides what it is?"
"Each of us has a vision of good and of evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is Good."

"I am grateful for this question. The answer is this: I believe in Being, that is in the tissue from which forms, bodies arise."
"And I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God, there is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation. Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my Being. Do you think we are very far apart?"

Bechased

hehehe .. he said Abba ... hehehe

#sigh
06-10-2013, 10:57 AM
(06-10-2013 09:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck is up with this guy? Now he's granting interviews to atheists? He's gonna get hisself killed. Some Opus Dei fucker's gonna end up assassinating him.

"Your Holiness, you said that you have no intention of trying to convert me and I do not think you would succeed."
"We cannot know that, but I don't have any such intention. ... Proselytism is solemn nonsense, it makes no sense. We need to get to know each other, listen to each other and improve our knowledge of the world around us."

"Agape, the love of each one of us for the other, from the closest to the furthest, is in fact the only way that Jesus has given us to find the way of salvation and of the Beatitudes."

"Your Holiness, is there is a single vision of the Good? And who decides what it is?"
"Each of us has a vision of good and of evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is Good."

"I am grateful for this question. The answer is this: I believe in Being, that is in the tissue from which forms, bodies arise."
"And I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God, there is God and I believe in Jesus Christ, his incarnation. Jesus is my teacher and my pastor, but God, the Father, Abba, is the light and the Creator. This is my Being. Do you think we are very far apart?"

Bechased

hehehe .. he said Abba ... hehehe

Still maintaining my giddy exuberance of hope. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-10-2013, 02:43 PM
(24-09-2013 09:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 04:23 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  yeah, i could've kept going, but hardly anyone reads more than about 10 lines, of my writing anyway

You know thats not true Mark. Oh and speaking of your writing is that book of your almost ready to be published? Such a shame that others have not yet been able to get a chance to read it.

Thankyou for your nice comments gentleman. The book is now definitely at the publishers, who are "create space," the publishing arm of Amazon. They are making a 60 second promotional video for me, which will be interesting. So it should be published in a couple of months.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
06-10-2013, 02:52 PM
(06-10-2013 02:43 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 09:27 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You know thats not true Mark. Oh and speaking of your writing is that book of your almost ready to be published? Such a shame that others have not yet been able to get a chance to read it.

Thankyou for your nice comments gentleman. The book is now definitely at the publishers, who are "create space," the publishing arm of Amazon. They are making a 60 second promotional video for me, which will be interesting. So it should be published in a couple of months.

Oh thats wonderful news. Will give it a 5* review whenever it comes out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-10-2013, 03:11 PM
(06-10-2013 02:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-10-2013 02:43 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Thankyou for your nice comments gentleman. The book is now definitely at the publishers, who are "create space," the publishing arm of Amazon. They are making a 60 second promotional video for me, which will be interesting. So it should be published in a couple of months.

Oh thats wonderful news. Will give it a 5* review whenever it comes out.

Thanks mate!

I've done my best with it. Many of the ideas in the book were refined by what I learned in discussions here, so I'm grateful to everyone.