http://www.inquisitr.com/1755096/pope-fr...ets-clean/

the Pope's visit is causing THIS !?!?! WTF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2015, 06:37 AM
RE: Pope Francis visiting Manila: homeless kids suffer behind bars
Roman Catholic (Cafia) dominated country and child abuse? Gasp

Ya don't say!

However, the article fails to make a distinction between addressing the systems and addressing the cause, which a two separate processes.

The symptoms ... credit where it's due ... we read of a priest doing his best to help the children.

The cause... the culture heavily influenced by catholic attitudes to birth control.

Hypocrisy, much.

Sad

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
15-01-2015, 08:13 AM
(15-01-2015 06:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Roman Catholic (Cafia) dominated country and child abuse? Gasp

Ya don't say!

However, the article fails to make a distinction between addressing the systems and addressing the cause, which a two separate processes.

The symptoms ... credit where it's due ... we read of a priest doing his best to help the children.

The cause... the culture heavily influenced by catholic attitudes to birth control.

Hypocrisy, much.

Sad

the hypocrisy isn't what I'm concerned with, its the part where kids are thrown in jail to make the city look pretty that I don't like
15-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Don't worry I'm sure in a week we will get a story that is picked up by many media outlets how Pope Francis is a man of the orphans and is seen eating spaghetti with them.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-01-2015, 09:05 AM
As DLJ says the hypocrisy in all this is mind-boggling.

To think many of us believe we are made in God’s image...wait, apparently we are, fucking jerk.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Better idea to get the kids off the streets: Ask the pope for one of his many golden objects so you can buy food and get shelter for them. Be sure to have reporters nearby. I want to see his response to that.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 4 users Like CleverUsername's post
15-01-2015, 09:30 AM
This is appalling. I don't have any quips for this. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh great, you know what this just made me realize? One more dream down the divorce shoot - we were going to adopt in a few years.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
15-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Pope Francis should speak out against this to tell them he disagrees with it and it's not what he wants when he comes to visit. But I'm not holding my breath or betting any money that it will happen.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
15-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Don't give up on that idea Nurse. My daughters friend is a single guy and he is a foster dad and is going to adopt one of the boys. As for the other, it's stupid and it's sad and it's so very messed up.
16-01-2015, 10:03 AM
The Manilla police have been ordered to shit themselves when the Pope visits...

Literally...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user