Pope accused of Crimes against Humanity ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Pope accused of Crimes against Humanity ..
I’m pretty sure I’ve posted a story like this before …

Pope accused of crimes against humanity by victims of sex abuse

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep...tims-abuse

Still ,I live in hope that one day they will get these gits into a court of law.
(Just not going to hold my breath though.)

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
[/font][/size]

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like watchman's post
13-09-2011, 01:05 PM
RE: Pope accused of Crimes against Humanity ..
I really hope that the Vatican is held to account over their part in these crimes within my lifetime.

The only way it will happen is if pressure mounts enough that politicians take notice and that's when things will get done.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
13-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Just found this , looks like at least one Ausie politician is no longer standing for the “Vatican shuffle”.

“Independent Senator Nick Xenophon has named the Catholic priest at the centre of an alleged sex abuse scandal.
He told the Senate on Monday night that he would name the priest under parliamentary privilege unless the church stood him down while it investigated the allegations.
Senator Xenophon followed through with that threat on Tuesday night, naming the priest as Monsignor Ian Dempsey.”

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-13/xe...t/2897744?

A small blow perhaps , but as a fellow atheist once said “Even a little help is still help”.

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
[/font][/size]

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
14-09-2011, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2011 05:27 PM by Mark Fulton.)
Wow!

Thanks for the link.

I have a blog on this topic. It is part of my soon to be published book. I would highly value anyone's critical comments. It's only 5 pages and there are some good pictures.

http://www.markfulton.org/child-abuse-in...lic-church

Thanks, Mark
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't understand how the church has managed to get away with some of this. I can't think of any other organization that would be given the benefit of the doubt if it turned out it was trying to handle the commission of a major crime "on their own". In the US they were allowed to ship Cardinal Law out of the country and give him a "demotion" in the Vatican. The Vatican claimed this should be punishment enough for him allowing priests in his charge to molest children over a period of decades while he moved them from Parish to Parish without telling the people in those neighborhoods and without notifying the police.

So, spending his remaining days living in comfort in Rome is punishment enough? I can't believe the US government accepted that. I can't believe ANY government accepted that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
18-09-2011, 05:22 PM
(13-09-2011 03:13 PM)watchman Wrote:  Just found this , looks like at least one Ausie politician is no longer standing for the “Vatican shuffle”.

“Independent Senator Nick Xenophon has named the Catholic priest at the centre of an alleged sex abuse scandal.
He told the Senate on Monday night that he would name the priest under parliamentary privilege unless the church stood him down while it investigated the allegations.
Senator Xenophon followed through with that threat on Tuesday night, naming the priest as Monsignor Ian Dempsey.”

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-13/xe...t/2897744?

A small blow perhaps , but as a fellow atheist once said “Even a little help is still help”.

I can't believe the church would find it acceptable to allow someone to continue working in a job that requires close contact with children while they were being investigated for a serious sex crime, especially for 4 years!

Can you imagine the outcry if a teacher was accused of something like that and allowed to continue working unrestricted for even a day, let alone 4 years?

I still can't believe the arrogance of the church in thinking it can deal with this stuff itself without any input of law enforcement. But, as I've said before, the only way to stop this arrogance and make the Vatican take the whole issue seriously is to withdraw it's status as an independent country. At the moment they can hide behind their borders and no-one can do a damn thing about it. If they didn't have that option (and the corrupt and highly religious nature of Italy were tackled) then they would have nowhere to hide and would have to answer to someone, we could drag every paedophile and paedophile enabler out of there and make them face the consequences of their actions.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post