Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death in new book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Lightbulb Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death in new book
Oh wow, what a relief to all the Jews of the world.

[Image: 5208981.jpg]
Pope Benedict XVI delivers his blessing as he arrives for a general audience in the Pope Paul VI hall at the Vatican, Wednesday, March 2, 2011. (AP Photo/Andrew Medichini) (Andrew Medichini - AP)

By NICOLE WINFIELD
The Associated Press
Wednesday, March 2, 2011

VATICAN CITY ~ Pope Benedict XVI has made a sweeping exoneration of the Jewish people for the death of Jesus Christ, tackling one of the most controversial issues in Christianity in a new book.

In "Jesus of Nazareth-Part II" excerpts released Wednesday, Benedict explains biblically and theologically why there is no basis in Scripture for the argument that the Jewish people as a whole were responsible for Jesus' death.
(Continues @ The Washington Post)
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 04:04 PM

RE: Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death in new book
Oh what is it with people and fake crimes?
06-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Joey Ratz - on the case!

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 05:50 PM
How are they going to pay up for the millions of Jews that were murdered and tortured because of their lies? Oh. I apologized. Isn't that enough?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2011, 12:41 AM
The Vatican:"Hey Jews, you did it, we all know it, but we ain't gonna blame ya for it. We cool now, right?"

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
13-03-2011, 02:57 AM

Oh, come on! You guys know darn well why the Pope did it. From my perspective, the press has been highlighting a lot of new found Jew hatred the last few years, hatred over Jesus's cricifiction (spelling joke).

The Pope had to prevent another genocide, I think.

And like I've been saying for 20 years, you can't have Jesus without a Judas, can't have a martyr without a killer. Christians NEEDED the Jews to kill Jesus, otherwise Christianity wouldn't exist. Duh! I understood that the very moment the religion teacher told us why Jesus had to die. I think I was still a fetus at the time.
13-03-2011, 03:17 AM
(13-03-2011 02:57 AM)JesusTheHumanist Wrote:  Oh, come on! You guys know darn well why the Pope did it. From my perspective, the press has been highlighting a lot of new found Jew hatred the last few years, hatred over Jesus's cricifiction (spelling joke).

The Pope had to prevent another genocide, I think.

Can you verify that with evidence outside your opinion?

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
13-03-2011, 05:21 AM
Seems to me it's just another step in the "Catholics are warm and fluffy" campaign. They do a lot of odd acts to try and look less demanding, but if you look into their church it's still more rules than possibly necessary.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
13-03-2011, 07:25 AM
why do they hate Jews for killing jesus ? if the jews dont kill jesus, then he wont die for mankind sins. its contradiction at its best.
13-03-2011, 09:54 AM

(13-03-2011 07:25 AM)Zetsuei Wrote:  why do they hate Jews for killing jesus ? if the jews dont kill jesus, then he wont die for mankind sins. its contradiction at its best.
Indeed. Just like it's absurd that Judas is thought to be the traitor in the story. Were it not for Judas, Jesus brother, doing his part that what Jesus was born for would not have been accomplished.

And what's worse about this story is it shows how arrogant the Pope is, thinking Roman Catholicism is the only true faith and all others are in deficit. He's worthy of being called an anti-Semite with this declaration, for as easy as it is for anyone referencing the "J" word to be so named.

The Jews didn't kill Jesus. Rome did!
And while there are some folks that could argue that only occurred because the Pharisees found Yeshua guilty of blasphemy and demanded he be hanged (crucified), in truth Rome did not do the Jews bidding. The Jews were a conquered people in service to Rome. Just as most all of the world's people were.
Besides, what an insult to Jews everywhere in and of itself that this Pope affords clad in his vestments to do so.

Hey Hebrews! God sent me a message to give to you. His church forgive you for murdering the savior of the whole world because while he came to save the chosen people, the Jews, you all rejected him so we're the one's heaven bound now thanks to you're killing him. Hey! Thanks a lot for that. You know, because otherwise we'd be hell bound just like you for not accepting he was the messiah, and damn we were so looking forward to third degree crisping for eternity! Yeahhhh! [Image: 16.gif]

It's got to be that fish hat that's squeezing Ben's head just a wittle too tightly.