RE: Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death in new book
This thread is unspeakably cynical.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Here's what me and Tim think about the pope.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
13-03-2011, 11:37 AM
(13-03-2011 09:54 AM)GassyKitten Wrote:  And what's worse about this story is it shows how arrogant the Pope is, thinking Roman Catholicism is the only true faith and all others are in deficit. He's worthy of being called an anti-Semite with this declaration, for as easy as it is for anyone referencing the "J" word to be so named.
I thought that was christianties 11th commandment? "Thou shalt tell others that your faith is the only true one and all others are heretical"

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
13-03-2011, 01:34 PM

Tongue It's fair game when the Pope is speakably narcissistic
(13-03-2011 11:04 AM)Ghost Wrote:  This thread is unspeakably cynical.

Matt

Evidently, not that unspeakable. Tongue
(13-03-2011 11:37 AM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  
(13-03-2011 09:54 AM)GassyKitten Wrote:  And what's worse about this story is it shows how arrogant the Pope is, thinking Roman Catholicism is the only true faith and all others are in deficit. He's worthy of being called an anti-Semite with this declaration, for as easy as it is for anyone referencing the "J" word to be so named.
I thought that was christianties 11th commandment? "Thou shalt tell others that your faith is the only true one and all others are heretical"
Damn, I must have missed that in the condensed version of those pesky 10!

Thanks. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2011, 03:17 PM

Excuse me for not reading the other posts, but, does anybody want to explain to me why we ever blamed the Jews for killing Jesus in the first place?

Assuming the bible is real, I'm FAIRLY certain that the Romans weren't Jewish. And I'm fairly certain it wasn't the Jewish community that tied Jesus up and killed 'im.
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2011, 03:56 PM
(13-03-2011 03:17 PM)Cdf50 Wrote:  Excuse me for not reading the other posts, but, does anybody want to explain to me why we ever blamed the Jews for killing Jesus in the first place?

Assuming the bible is real, I'm FAIRLY certain that the Romans weren't Jewish. And I'm fairly certain it wasn't the Jewish community that tied Jesus up and killed 'im.
Just going on an assumption here, I'm going to say xenophobia.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
13-03-2011, 04:23 PM
(13-03-2011 11:04 AM)Ghost Wrote:  This thread is unspeakably cynical.

Matt

Right, because we all know that the Catholic Church only ever acts with the best interest of others at heart.

You want to talk about something that is unspeakable, let us focus on the various crimes the Church has gotten away with on a global scale. The Church is an international criminal enterprise that has gotten away with things for centuries, including wholesale murder. How many Jews were slaughtered under this lie that they put out for centuries?

Cynical? Maybe, but deservedly so.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
13-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Note this discussion is not historical but biblical. (huge difference)

The idea is that Jesus as a Jewish man was betrayed by his own people and offered to the Romans. Along with the idea that at his crucifiction the Jews came and did not try to stop it. Jesus was not the Jewish messiah, even if he was a messiah he was not there to free the Jews from Rome. In truth, as a prophet he did the opposite of freeing the Jews from Rome, he transcended Judaism and made the Romans believers in himself. Jesus created a stronger Rome than ever before.

Jews are blamed for the fact that a messiah came and they didn't believe it, but obviously the Jewish definition of messiah is a bit different than the Christian one. Something about freeing people from oppression rather than succumbing to oppression and leading by example. Jesus in his life did not save the Jews and in his death created more trouble for them. In no way was he a Jewish messiah who would free their people from tyranny.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
13-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Hey, BnW.

Quote:Cynical? Maybe, but deservedly so.

Justify it any way you like, at least we agree.

Hey, Gassy Kitten.

Tongue

Matt
13-03-2011, 05:22 PM
(13-03-2011 05:14 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Justify it any way you like, at least we agree.

Not sure what difference it makes Ghost were we not cynical of the pope, then we would believe that the Jews were guilty of killing Jesus, and his words have affected the entire worlds view on this heated debate. Instead I believe it's all a matter of story tellers and this debate was not all that heated at any time. People in many cases hate and have hated Jews for believing they are the chosen race, not for killing Jesus. If we aren't cynical then what good are we? To simply go along with everything that is said is foolish beyond belief.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.