Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death in new book

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2011, 12:54 PM
RE: Pope exonerates Jews for Jesus' death in new book
I thought God sent his 'Son' (or himself, depending on how you look at it) to die for our sins? After making the rather huge mistake (funny how a perfect God made a lot of mistakes) of giving us free will, which led to a whole lot of sinning, God decided to hit the re-set button by excusing us of all our past sins (since flooding the Earth during the Noah's Ark episode failed to do what he intended it to) so we could start over with a clean slate (again) and live without sin from that point onwards (which also has obviously failed to happen- God just can't seem to get it right, poor bastard.) So, because he is all-knowing (huh?), and has a divine plan (that apparently he keeps forgetting about or needs to adjust on the fly) he sends us himself by way of Mary for the expressed purpose of having himself nailed to a cross and tortured by the Romans (not the Jews) to absolve us all of our sins. The Jews merely played the part God intended them to play in this act of theatre (when God could have simply absolved us all without the theatrics, since he's supposedly all-powerful). And for merely doing God's will, Christians have been condemning the Jews ever since. So it all makes perfect sense, you see? And the Pope in absolving the Jews of a crime they never committed- or committed at God's behest, depending on how you look at it- is just clearing up the last of the contradictions...see? It's all very simple.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Well he apparently gives everything free will, because if it didn't have it he would be bored. My larger question being, if Jesus defeats death why do people have to die? (That's right, while human he's a pansy but once they string him on that cross he comes back to kick ass!!!) wouldn't it be better that the righteous just keep living? I'm rereading Milton's Paradise Lost, which can be an entertaining mockery of christian dogma, as long as you can read it.

But yeah sending himself, to kill himself, to forgive a creation of his own, for a mistake he made, which he knew would happen before making it, is pretty crazy. I'm not exactly sure how anything of this makes sense. If sin were a bad thing why create Lucifer? If he knew the apple would be taken, why even think to make the ridiculous test. I was like 5 when I heard this story and I knew the apple would be taken. I cannot believe how anyone thinks this "god" is infallible.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-03-2011, 12:02 AM
I wonder if the poop....I mean pope brought this up because he wanted to bring the idea that the Jews killed back to the minds of christians and keep the mistrust and bigotry going as a reverse psychology tactic.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
16-03-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm joining this thread late ... didn't the romans kill this supposed Jesus fellow ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
16-03-2011, 02:48 PM
(16-03-2011 12:02 AM)No J. Wrote:  I wonder if the poop....I mean pope brought this up because he wanted to bring the idea that the Jews killed back to the minds of christians and keep the mistrust and bigotry going as a reverse psychology tactic.
That is excellent. I was kind of wondering if he was looking to keep going in the "kinder, gentler catholic church" trend that they seemed to be in. After apologizing to Galileo, pseudo ok-ing condoms, deciding that god should do away with limbo (what power you yield pope-meister!) and appealing to the English again, my thought was that he was trying to bring back some of the people who, like my parents, left the cat-lick church because it's too conservative. Reverse psychology is another decent idea as well but I don't know if we will ever know what goes on in that mans head. (My guess is elevator music)

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
17-03-2011, 01:33 AM
(16-03-2011 02:48 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  but I don't know if we will ever know what goes on in that mans head. (My guess is elevator music)

I was thinking of the sound of the wind echoing through a huge, empty deserted hollow area.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.