Pope is cool with gays?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Pope is cool with gays?
I don't care for anything Catholic and I find any type of religious hierarchy to be a despot of tyranny and hypocripsy above all others. But the new pope does make me smirk for a few seconds. It's fun to watch religious thinking evolve and then watch how all the sheep fawn over their leader's new "radical" ideas as if he really was the omnipotent presence here on earth. Either way...

Article here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29...69635.html

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes AmishLatinJew's post
29-07-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: Pope is cool with gays?
Heard that on the radio earlier...his popeness is certainly easier to get along with now compared with the popeness I was supposedly following years ago.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Fuck that bastard and his passive aggressive stand!! He actively and publicly condemned gays when our gay marriage law was being debated in congress, he judges and marginalizes gays every opportunity he has, he pressed the French government to stop a gay marriage bill in the name of "morality"...

This guy is even worse than the previous one, at least Benedict wasn't so outspoken and had a low profile... This one plays the media really well but his intentions aren't nearly as "merciful" as he says

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
29-07-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2013 06:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Anyone watch Bob Simon's piece on 60 Minutes yesterday ? He's still determined to keep the nuns "in their place". They will never consider ordaining women. If he calls off his dog (the archbishop from Oregon), who's stalking the nuns I might give him a little credit. He's a good PR guy. That's the only difference. Nothing of substance has changed. The US Conf of Cathoilc Bishops, is still the biggest set of pedophile hiding jerk-offs on the planet. The Vatican remains rotten to the core. No wonder though, this guy is afraid to live in the Papal apartments. At this rate, they will "off" him too, like they did JP-I.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I thought he publicly denounced gays a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, I'm not going to buy it until I see some changes for the better. Frankly, I think Francis is just as corrupt as his predecessors.

[Image: mrsnail.gif]
29-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Hands up who thinks the Catholic church are going to do any of the following:
- Perform gay marriages
- Allow gays to be teachers in their schools
- Perform full funeral rites for gay members
- Allow gays to adopt children from their orphanage
- Start preaching from the pulpit that Gay is OK
29-07-2013, 05:39 PM
(29-07-2013 01:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Hands up who thinks the Catholic church are going to do any of the following:
- Perform gay marriages
- Allow gays to be teachers in their schools
- Perform full funeral rites for gay members
- Allow gays to adopt children from their orphanage
- Start preaching from the pulpit that Gay is OK

Probably never gonna happen, but the Vatican still teaches Africans that condom use increases the chance of pregnancy and HIV, so I don't really care what they say about homosexuality.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
29-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Credit where credit is due he is moving the church in the right direction. Of course it's not going to bring me back into 'the fold.' Also while I can't help but commend him for his progressiveness the churches hard line on sexuality was/is one the major contributors to it's demise so there is a very real possibility that this may actually help with recruitment. I think it's probably a strategic move, relax the faith, bring in some new blood, extract cash...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2013, 05:51 PM
It does appear to be just PR thing. To get the fence sitters back on their side and to reinforce the indoctrination. Every time I tell myself to give my family's religion a chance something like this happens and reminds me how bad the actual religion is. Insidious poison is what it is.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
29-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I'd be more interested in him speaking out against the pedophile priests and trying to reconcile with the victims that have had their lives ruined by the Catholic Church.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
[+] 1 user Likes eksyte's post