Pope is cool with gays?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2013 06:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Pope is cool with gays?
Desmond fucking Tutu channeling Desmond fucking Tutu.

A student once asked me, If I could have one wish granted to reverse an injustice, what would it be? I had to ask for two. One is for world leaders to forgive the debts of developing nations which hold them in such thrall. The other is for the world to end the persecution of people because of their sexual orientation, which is every bit as unjust as that crime against humanity, apartheid. ... This is a matter of ordinary justice.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Please folks. There is no change in policy (let alone doctrine) at all.

Out of context + wishful thinking.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-reli...8725/posts

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-07-2013, 03:56 AM
Sex, heterosexual or homosexual, between two people, is none of his business. It's a private affair. He shouldn't comment, other than to apologise for the Catholic church's long disgusting history of sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. Journalists should pressure him for that apology.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
30-07-2013, 04:19 AM
I fucking hate gay people. They are very annoying, aren't they? I'm cool with homosexuals for the record, so long as they aren't gay. Big Grin

Eh, some people here have been harsh with the Pope because of what he represents, and rightfully so, but....baby steps. Just think, a few hundred years ago you could've easily been killed on orders from the Pope simple for saying you don't think you need a priest to talk to your imaginary friend. The religious are just the group that is lagging behind a bit in the social evolutionary department.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
30-07-2013, 04:23 AM
(29-07-2013 01:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Hands up who thinks the Catholic church are going to do any of the following:
- Perform gay marriages
- Allow gays to be teachers in their schools
- Perform full funeral rites for gay members
- Allow gays to adopt children from their orphanage
- Start preaching from the pulpit that Gay is OK

They will continue to perform baptisms for gays, though. :-)

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
30-07-2013, 04:35 AM
(29-07-2013 11:31 AM)AmishLatinJew Wrote:  I don't care for anything Catholic and I find any type of religious hierarchy to be a despot of tyranny and hypocripsy above all others. But the new pope does make me smirk for a few seconds. It's fun to watch religious thinking evolve and then watch how all the sheep fawn over their leader's new "radical" ideas as if he really was the omnipotent presence here on earth. Either way...

Article here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29...69635.html

Ugh, the reason why i left catholicism? Their way of thinking. It doesn't actually evolve in any way. They cling to their outdated beliefs and then when they are thrust out of their comfort zone they try their best to "fit a square peg into a round hole," metaphorically speaking, and when it appears as if they have achieved it they pat themselves on the back thinking how they were so smart and morally superior for accepting it all along.

"I'm an agnostic atheist looking not to FIND the meaningful purpose of life but to MAKE life's purpose meaningful."

"I love science, logic, and reason. And thus an atheist was born."
[+] 2 users Like knowlegelover's post
30-07-2013, 05:01 AM
Big news, amazingly, that popey has a smidgen of the humanist in him.

He's an asshole. He's the head of the world's most evil corporation. Smiles, good manners and feined humility doesn't change that.
30-07-2013, 05:20 AM
The more bigoted they are to issues such as the whole gay people thing being all gay and shit, the more stupid they look in the eyes of society and the more people question their authority and ultimately the authority of some invisible man in the sky.

The best thing, in regards to atheism, is for the Catholic church to be as radically stupidly right as possible.
If they keep amending and moving a little to the left (but still staying far right) then they're always gonna be there.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
30-07-2013, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 07:50 AM by Logica Humano.)
(30-07-2013 05:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The more bigoted they are to issues such as the whole gay people thing being all gay and shit, the more stupid they look in the eyes of society and the more people question their authority and ultimately the authority of some invisible man in the sky.

The best thing, in regards to atheism, is for the Catholic church to be as radically stupidly right as possible.
If they keep amending and moving a little to the left (but still staying far right) then they're always gonna be there.

I personally despise religion because of their organized bigotry. Why would I hate the Catholic church if they shared the same social values as the next progressive? That goes for every religion. That is why I do not despise deists. They are not bound by some regressive social dogma that restricts the growth of society. Belief in a god or gods with or without attributes is fine in my book. It is simply when that gets in the way of making rational social decisions that effect everyone around you that I get upset. If religions would continue down this trend with progressive social reform, I wouldn't have such an opposition towards religion.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-07-2013, 07:45 AM
(30-07-2013 04:19 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  The religious are just the group that is lagging behind a bit in the social evolutionary department.
Lagging behind a bit?

That's like your friend getting super excited because he just upgraded his computer from DOS 1.0 to DOS 1.1.

Tongue

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]