Pope is cool with gays?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2013, 09:10 AM
RE: Pope is cool with gays?
Meh, if he was cool with gays then he would abolish the BS regulations against them.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
30-07-2013, 09:46 AM
(30-07-2013 07:45 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 04:19 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  The religious are just the group that is lagging behind a bit in the social evolutionary department.
Lagging behind a bit?

That's like your friend getting super excited because he just upgraded his computer from DOS 1.0 to DOS 1.1.

Tongue

Scoff if you like, but now that double-sided floppies are supported I can fit over 300kb on a single disk.

Cool

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
30-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Well it's no surprise no one is really amused by the spectale. I feel the same way as many of you. His opinion doesn't influence me one bit, but he does influence voters, and consdering the Catholic numbers in this country, that's just more momentum for legislation against lgbt discrination. (Coming from a guy, who when he gets out of the military in 2 years, will possibly be working for a company that can fire me for such a reason).

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
30-07-2013, 02:28 PM
(30-07-2013 07:45 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  
(30-07-2013 04:19 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  The religious are just the group that is lagging behind a bit in the social evolutionary department.
Lagging behind a bit?

That's like your friend getting super excited because he just upgraded his computer from DOS 1.0 to DOS 1.1.

Tongue

Evolution ain't fast, nor clever. It took us more than a few hundred years to go from being stuck swimming in the oceans to breathing oxygen devoid of hydrogen on land. Wink Baby steps. They'll get there.

31-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Yes, he flip-flopped on this. But what he says now is true.
He litterally said: Who am I to judge them?
And that is absolutely true.
He is not the one to judge them. The bible states god does that.
But since god is not real, no one needs to judge.

Problem solved.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
31-07-2013, 05:18 AM
(31-07-2013 04:31 AM)Caveman Wrote:  Yes, he flip-flopped on this. But what he says now is true.
He litterally said: Who am I to judge them?
And that is absolutely true.
He is not the one to judge them. The bible states god does that.
But since god is not real, no one needs to judge.

Problem solved.

That and the majority of people support homosexuality in the western world.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Quote:29-07-2013, 07:47 PM #12
Abdul Alhazred

Please folks. There is no change in policy (let alone doctrine) at all.

Out of context + wishful thinking.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-reli...8725/posts

This is what really annoys me. The media keeps trying to portray Pope Francis as a doctrine revolutionary when he really is just the same as all the other popes. He is only a political revolutionary (he wants to entirely reform the curia, the administrative part of the Vatican).

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
31-07-2013, 08:17 PM
(31-07-2013 08:12 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  
Quote:29-07-2013, 07:47 PM #12
Abdul Alhazred

Please folks. There is no change in policy (let alone doctrine) at all.

Out of context + wishful thinking.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-reli...8725/posts

This is what really annoys me. The media keeps trying to portray Pope Francis as a doctrine revolutionary when he really is just the same as all the other popes. He is only a political revolutionary (he wants to entirely reform the curia, the administrative part of the Vatican).

Why would you "find" someone in your bath if you didn't invite them there ?
What a VERY, (and I mean VERY) strange thing to have as your sig. Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Onion News Wrote:“Homosexuality is a disorder. And this in no way means that, going forward, the Catholic Church will be an open-minded, more sensible organization. I assure you we are just as prejudiced and backward today as we were yesterday. Thank you.” According to an anonymous source close to the Vatican, the Pope is currently being yelled at by Church officials, who are telling him, “You don’t just go off script like that. Who the fuck do you think you are?”

ROFL

http://www.theonion.com/articles/vatican...s-t,33292/

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
01-08-2013, 11:49 AM
(29-07-2013 11:31 AM)AmishLatinJew Wrote:  I don't care for anything Catholic and I find any type of religious hierarchy to be a despot of tyranny and hypocripsy above all others. But the new pope does make me smirk for a few seconds. It's fun to watch religious thinking evolve and then watch how all the sheep fawn over their leader's new "radical" ideas as if he really was the omnipotent presence here on earth. Either way...

Article here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29...69635.html

It changes nothing. Honestly, I think he was just side-stepping a question about gay priests because, if he condemned them, he would next be asked why they are still allowed to preach. And, for a church that won't even get rid of pedophiles, they certainly won't get rid of gay priests.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair