Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm amazed that he got to see him. I have been writing, emailing and phoning for years trying to meet Mark Zuckerberg and never even responds.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ar...rg/497819/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Deltabravo's post
30-08-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg
I can't imagine why. Weeping
Maybe you could make up something about how he's a direct descendant of Horus and that you can prove it. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-08-2016, 06:23 PM
Ohmy

To my great concern, I find myself agreeing with Frankie:

Atlantic Wrote:Francis sees the development of technological tools as directly connected to the search for profit; and this, he says, always damages human relationships. And the orientation toward profit, rather than relationships, “has made it easy to accept the idea of infinite or unlimited growth, which proves so attractive to economists, financiers, and experts in technology.”

And again:

Frankie Wrote:the great sages of the past run the risk of going unheard amid the noise and distractions of an information overload.

Where we may disagree, is with respect to which historical (or fictional) characters would be considered sagacious.

Consider

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
30-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Technological tools like that conflabbing printing press too!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
02-09-2016, 02:43 PM
(30-08-2016 03:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I can't imagine why. Weeping
Maybe you could make up something about how he's a direct descendant of Horus and that you can prove it. Thumbsup

Bucky, its not funny.

I started the whole Horus thing because I wanted a stuck up Harvard prick to lie in bed pondering the thought. I find it amusing to think that it occupies your thoughts and makes you twist on your own ego. You plainly take it seriously because you feel compelled to flame me on threads which have nothing to do with it.

Do the veins in your forehead bulge when you read the name, Ralph Ellis? You're ill.
02-09-2016, 04:41 PM
(02-09-2016 02:43 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 03:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I can't imagine why. Weeping

Bucky, its not funny.

I started the whole Horus thing because I wanted a stuck up Harvard prick to lie in bed pondering the thought. I find it amusing to think that it occupies your thoughts and makes you twist on your own ego. You plainly take it seriously because you feel compelled to flame me on threads which have nothing to do with it.

Do the veins in your forehead bulge when you read the name, Ralph Ellis? You're ill.

Oh it's hysterical.
I never "pondered" anything you cooked up, ya dope. It's all dismissed ... instantly. AND it IS hysterical that you actually think anyone ever takes anything you utter, seriously. The only thing that happens when I read the name Ellis, is I have to force myself from laughing and face-palming.

After reading your bullshit on climate change, you're not exactly one to be talking about mental illness. You're not only sick, you're downright scary.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-09-2016, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 07:31 AM by Deltabravo.)
Bucky, watch your language or your mum and I will have to wash your mouth out with soap.

You are a fraud, btw. Just in case you were in any doubt.

I asked you to explain, if you could, why Herusalem was named as it was, after Horus. No answer. I pointed out that the myths surrounding Christianity appear to be of Egyptian origin. No answer.

Why do so many countries have as their patron saint, Saint George? Bucky, if you pronounce Georges (the French spelling) with silent G's then you get... say it, Bucky, go on, say it....lol

Here's something artistic for you to play around with, real evidence, not the horse shite you peddle here: http://www.louvre.fr/en/oeuvre-notices/horus-horseback

[Image: louvre-horus-cavalier.jpg]

This object was obviously designed as part of a window. The subject of the sculpture is highly original and reflects the blending of Egyptian and Greco-Roman traditions. A horseman, who is none other than the god Horus, is stabbing his spear into a crocodile, the animal that symbolized the god Setekh. This strange combat represents the victory of Good over Evil.
A fragment of a window
Egyptian deities were never portrayed on horseback. This representation, which dates from the fourth century AD, reflects the influence of Greco-Roman models and of the Christian symbolism of Good conquering Evil. The scene in question is complete, although the object itself is not: it was undoubtedly part of a window, of which only the left part remains, with a section of molded frame. Several of the components of the scene (the horse's head and the crocodile's mouth) are joined to the frame for both technical and artistic reasons, contributing, with the sculpted scrolls, to the liveliness of the scene.
Horus on horseback
The god Horus, a man with a hawk's head, is dressed like a Roman soldier. He is portrayed in full profile, on a horse which is also in profile with its head turned full face. Horus is sitting on a saddle attached by a bellyband to his richly appointed mount. He is controlling his steed with his left hand and holding a spear in his right (the hand is missing). He is about to stab a crocodile, which is pinned between the horse's forelegs and under his own left foot (which is not in its stirrup). The horse appears to be looking down at the crocodile, while the latter's wide open eye reflects his sorry plight. The horse's position and bearing, and the god's calm assurance, contrast with the slumped body and hunched legs of the crocodile.
The precursor of St. George
According to Egyptian mythology, the god Setekh murdered his brother Osiris. Horus, the son of Osiris, avenged his father's death by killing Setekh. The episode is depicted here with all the symbolism and freedom of expression proper to the Greco-Roman period. The iconography of the horseman overcoming Evil with his spear was widespread throughout the Christian period: representations of St. George, in particular, are direct descendants of objects such as this. It should be added that the present work does not actually portray a fight, as the crocodile and horse are facing the same way. Horus has caught up with Setekh, who adopts the form of a crocodile to escape his nephew; this ruse, however, will not be enough to save his life.
Bibliography
Rutschowscaya M.-H., La sculpture copte, Musée du Louvre, Petits guides des grands musées 84, p. 5.
Chevaux et cavaliers arabes dans les arts d'Orient et d'Occident, Paris, 2002, p. 20 et n 22.
Bénazeth D., "La sculpture copte", Dossiers d'archéologie 226, sept 1997, p. 28 et ill. p. 29.

See, Bucky, it's even got footnotes. Don't wet yourself now!

Here's one, Bucky. Answer this:

If half the population of Israel don't believe that Jews came from Egypt, then how do they deal with the book that makes them "Jewish" telling them that they did:
"The exhortation, 'Remember the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt' (Deuteronomy 10:19), is considered important in Judaism."

So, presumably, the Israelis who don't believe their forbearers were from Egypt also don't accept the validity of their claim to their territory since they don't accept what the OT says as being true.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
04-09-2016, 07:42 AM
(02-09-2016 04:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 02:43 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Bucky, its not funny.

Oh it's hysterical.
I never "pondered" anything you cooked up, ya dope. It's all dismissed ... instantly. AND it IS hysterical that you actually think anyone ever takes anything you utter, seriously. The only thing that happens when I read the name Ellis, is I have to force myself from laughing and face-palming.

After reading your bullshit on climate change, you're not exactly one to be talking about mental illness. You're not only sick, you're downright scary.

Well, Bucky, you explain why the ice cap that covered most of North America receded over a period of thousands of years. What was it back then? Camp fires? Man's sin? Or some other such BS that people buy into because they are told it's true. Yes, Bucky, the world's temperature has risen, before people had industries or inventions which could in any way have effected climate. Climate change is caused by sun activity and unless you can measure this and include it in your calculations then you have nothing to say except the PC BS that people like Al Gore and Maurice Strong have pedalled on gullables like you.

[Image: clip_image002_thumb.png?w=602&h=329]

I know, Bucky, why don't you make up a graph which shows that temperatures have risen and then after that you can write a paragraph or two on how much of the change came from human activity and how much from solar activity. I'd really like to know the answer to this and since you are the cleverest guy here, I'm waiting...
04-09-2016, 07:59 AM
(30-08-2016 03:21 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I'm amazed that he got to see him. I have been writing, emailing and phoning for years trying to meet Mark Zuckerberg and never even responds.

He didn't answered to you. Ask to yourself why he didn't answered ?
Do you think that he can had the time ?
04-09-2016, 08:08 AM
(04-09-2016 07:59 AM)viocjit Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 03:21 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I'm amazed that he got to see him. I have been writing, emailing and phoning for years trying to meet Mark Zuckerberg and never even responds.

He didn't answered to you. Ask to yourself why he didn't answered ?
Do you think that he can had the time ?

I know why he didn't answer. You, however, can't speak English properly.