Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2016, 12:05 PM
RE: Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg
Oh, hey, some insight. You recognize a "stupid" joke.

Are you really at Harvard?

I wasn't aware they had a degree program in anal retentiveness.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2016, 12:15 PM
You two just can't leave it alone, huh? Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-09-2016, 12:28 PM
Bucky, I didn't mean to threaten you. So, if you want an apology you can take this as one. I apologize.

What I don't understand is that you can't address issues about the religion into which "Jesus" was purportedly born and why it resembles in its motifs and symbolism, the cult of Horus. I have produced something from the Louvre which has been examined by a huge number of academics which is accepted universally in academic circles as a Christian work, which depicts Horus as a precursor of St. George.

You can't seem to engage on a level which doesn't involve expletives. I still can't figure out why you react so violently to even the mention of Ralph Ellis' name. I seriously question your intellectual integrity. I spent my youth in the company of an Oxford educated professor, uncle of mine, who has published works on Voltaire. I have class mates who won the highest awards at Yale Law School and served as president of Johns Hopkins.

I say this, not because I think I am clever by association, but because none of these people ever behaved the way you do. Acting like a foul-mouthed Turrets sufferer on an internet forum denotes someone with no filter and no common sense. You never answer a question or make any sensible remark. You are plainly preoccupied with yourself and have some sort of agenda which I don't understand.

I mention the places I've been and the things I've done simply because I've been to these places and done these things. I don't think it makes me any better or cleverer than any one else. I am retired. I come here to float ideas and nothing more. I can take or leave any of it.

Why do you take it so seriously that you have to engage in behaviour which reflects so badly on you? If any of your faculty were to get wind of this, I hate to think what they would think.

If I were on a forum where someone started talking about space men and faked moon landings, I wouldn't debase myself by using low-brow language. I feel you need to take a reality check and think about whether abusing some "old guy" on an internet forum just because he posts a piece of ceramic from some window is something for which you want to be known. Maybe it is, in which case, I can only express my deepest regret that someone who is obviously very bright needs to seek some kind of pleasure and self-fulfillment through this kind of behaviour.

In the words of Donald Trump, "good luck to you".
04-09-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry, but...

...is never an apology.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-09-2016, 12:43 PM
(04-09-2016 12:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  You two just can't leave it alone, huh? Facepalm

I didn't start this. I can't help it if after over two years of being harassed, I am annoyed. There's no moderation here.

I was a member of Richard Dawkins think tank and he closed his forum because of this kind of foul language. Rightly so.

Being an atheist means you see thing differently from the masses. Why wouldn't I ask what the religion of Mary and Joseph was? It's a legitimate question. It's the sort of question which got people roasted several hundreds of years ago. So, what now? You find fellow atheists and they roast you for "thinking".

It would be different if I was a believer in Horus. I just make observations about a history which we are all taught, that Judaism came out of Egypt and that Jesus was of this religion, supposedly, but today, people are talking about "Christ in Egypt". Christian symbols pre-date Christianity!!

So, stifle debate and discussion, bring dogmatism to the internet, persecute people for their ideas. That is what the world has become, a place to swear on an internet forum and think you, are as a result, in the elite of an advanced civilization when you're no better than a chimpanzee smearing its own excrement on the walls of its enclosure.
04-09-2016, 12:46 PM
And stop face-palming, it's passe.
04-09-2016, 12:48 PM
(04-09-2016 12:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I'm sorry, but...

...is never an apology.

Who asked you?

I didn't threaten him in the first place. If he stood by his behaviour....he wouldn't feel threatened.
04-09-2016, 12:49 PM
(04-09-2016 12:43 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 12:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  You two just can't leave it alone, huh? Facepalm

I didn't start this. I can't help it if after over two years of being harassed, I am annoyed. There's no moderation here.

I was a member of Richard Dawkins think tank and he closed his forum because of this kind of foul language. Rightly so.

Being an atheist means you see thing differently from the masses. Why wouldn't I ask what the religion of Mary and Joseph was? It's a legitimate question. It's the sort of question which got people roasted several hundreds of years ago. So, what now? You find fellow atheists and they roast you for "thinking".

It would be different if I was a believer in Horus. I just make observations about a history which we are all taught, that Judaism came out of Egypt and that Jesus was of this religion, supposedly, but today, people are talking about "Christ in Egypt". Christian symbols pre-date Christianity!!

So, stifle debate and discussion, bring dogmatism to the internet, persecute people for their ideas. That is what the world has become, a place to swear on an internet forum and think you, are as a result, in the elite of an advanced civilization when you're no better than a chimpanzee smearing its own excrement on the walls of its enclosure.

I have only been following this thread, and it looks like you give every bit as much as you take. You keep engaging. Perhaps this can stop? I think you would be lots happier here if you didn't engage over and over... it takes two to Tango. Can we all give it a rest?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-09-2016, 12:50 PM
No one has ever apologized to me for all the insults and nastiness they throw at me around here.

Is this just a forum for thin-skinned bullies who hurl abuse and get ever so upset if you point out that their behaviour makes you "think" about something?

Oh, how silly, of course it is.
04-09-2016, 12:51 PM
(04-09-2016 12:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 12:43 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I didn't start this. I can't help it if after over two years of being harassed, I am annoyed. There's no moderation here.

I have only been following this thread, and it looks like you give every bit as much as you take. You keep engaging. Perhaps this can stop? I think you would be lots happier here if you didn't engage over and over... it takes two to Tango. Can we all give it a rest?

Why? Nothing said here is worthy of moderation. Right?