Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg
(04-09-2016 01:21 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Had enough yet?

What would you like to see me do now? What would amuse you?

You overestimate yourself.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2016, 01:25 PM

Personally I'd like to see this thread go back to the original subject or be left alone.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-09-2016, 01:27 PM
By the way, all internet forums are the same. You go to them because you are interested in a particular subject and you want to speak to people who you think might be interested in similar topics, or at least entertain a discussion and what you get is a fairly routine blend of characters who are there, not because of the nature of the discussion, but because it becomes a psychological "home" for them. When a newcomer comes in, they all gather round each other and if they don't feel comfortable they then begin trying to expel the newcomer and talk about "we", as though they are a cohesive group.

I suppose what you are doing is playing your particular part in this game. You come in at the end, when you sense a friend has provoked a response and you, very calmly start playing the role of psychoanalyst. "Why are you here? If you don't like it, then you can leave". It's a bit like a religion or a cult.

So, why are you on this thread? What do you think about the Pope getting an audience with Mark Zuckerberg?
04-09-2016, 01:28 PM
See, Anjele, I don't care about anything.
04-09-2016, 01:32 PM
(30-08-2016 03:21 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I'm amazed that he got to see him. I have been writing, emailing and phoning for years trying to meet Mark Zuckerberg and never even responds.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ar...rg/497819/

Zuckerberg is a public figure with a high profile.

The pope is a public figure with a high profile.

They met, it happens a lot. Note the media was there. Both will most likely benefit in some way.

Pope meets Jewish man isn't really news.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-09-2016, 01:33 PM
(04-09-2016 01:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

You overestimate yourself.

Another flippant quip. Carry on.
04-09-2016, 01:35 PM
(04-09-2016 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Personally I'd like to see this thread go back to the original subject or be left alone.

Then post something about the original subject. No one is stopping you. I didn't hijack the thread and abuse myself. That took a Harvard Ph.D. candidate.
04-09-2016, 01:36 PM
(04-09-2016 01:27 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  By the way, all internet forums are the same. You go to them because you are interested in a particular subject and you want to speak to people who you think might be interested in similar topics, or at least entertain a discussion and what you get is a fairly routine blend of characters who are there, not because of the nature of the discussion, but because it becomes a psychological "home" for them. When a newcomer comes in, they all gather round each other and if they don't feel comfortable they then begin trying to expel the newcomer and talk about "we", as though they are a cohesive group.

I suppose what you are doing is playing your particular part in this game. You come in at the end, when you sense a friend has provoked a response and you, very calmly start playing the role of psychoanalyst. "Why are you here? If you don't like it, then you can leave". It's a bit like a religion or a cult.

So, why are you on this thread? What do you think about the Pope getting an audience with Mark Zuckerberg?

I didn't comment because I don't care that he did meet the pope (although as social media has exploded it sorta makes sense he might).

I only commented when this thread exploded into a huge a derail from your original topic (to the tune of 53 about nothing) -- a derail that you participated in.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-09-2016, 01:37 PM
(04-09-2016 01:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-08-2016 03:21 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I'm amazed that he got to see him. I have been writing, emailing and phoning for years trying to meet Mark Zuckerberg and never even responds.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ar...rg/497819/

Zuckerberg is a public figure with a high profile.

The pope is a public figure with a high profile.

They met, it happens a lot. Note the media was there. Both will most likely benefit in some way.

Pope meets Jewish man isn't really news.

Hitler was high profile. So was Neville Chamberlaine. They met. Same thing, right?
04-09-2016, 01:38 PM
(04-09-2016 01:33 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You overestimate yourself.

Another flippant quip. Carry on.

Not flippant at all, you really overestimate your effect on me.