Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg
(04-09-2016 01:37 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Zuckerberg is a public figure with a high profile.

The pope is a public figure with a high profile.

They met, it happens a lot. Note the media was there. Both will most likely benefit in some way.

Pope meets Jewish man isn't really news.

Hitler was high profile. So was Neville Chamberlaine. They met. Same thing, right?

Goodwin's law is a thing. I'll never doubt the internet again.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Anjele, I underestimated you when I said you were facetious. You are facetious and banal:

banal
bəˈnɑːl,-ˈnal/Submit
adjective
so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring.
"songs with banal, repeated words"
synonyms: vapid, commonplace, ordinary, common, stock, conventional , predictable, overused, overdone, overworked, stale, worn out, time-worn, tired, threadbare, hoary, hack, unimaginative, unoriginal, derivative, uninspired, prosaic, dull, boring, pedestrian, run-of-the-mill, routine, humdrum;
04-09-2016, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 01:53 PM by Anjele.)
(04-09-2016 01:41 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Anjele, I underestimated you when I said you were facetious. You are facetious and banal:

banal
bəˈnɑːl,-ˈnal/Submit
adjective
synonyms: vapid, commonplace, ordinary, common, stock, conventional , predictable, overused, overdone, overworked, stale, worn out, time-worn, tired, threadbare, hoary, hack, unimaginative, unoriginal, derivative, uninspired, prosaic, dull, boring, pedestrian, run-of-the-mill, routine, humdrum;

I am capable of using the online dictionary...but thanks for that.

Now I wait for you to go here...

[img][Image: j59ydd.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-09-2016, 01:52 PM
I was going to try to split this thread but really....

I'm not seeing a point.

04-09-2016, 01:52 PM
(04-09-2016 01:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:37 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Hitler was high profile. So was Neville Chamberlaine. They met. Same thing, right?

Goodwin's law is a thing. I'll never doubt the internet again.

Ok, David Beckham meets Prince Harry.

I suppose, not being an internet nerd, I fell into that trap. Normally of course, on TA, if you aren't a warmist, you are called a holocaust denier. I think that was more what Godwin's law was about. I just couldn't think of a meeting between two people whose ideas or personalities were diametrically opposed.

Zuckerberg is an atheist and a master of modern technology. The Pope is... the Pope. It's an interesting meeting. I wasn't comparing either of them to Hitler, by the way...just so you understand. Nor, for that matter was I comparing Anjele to Hitler, or to Mark Zuckerberg, or even the Pope. Or Chamerlaine. Just so we're clear on that.

I thought, on an internet forum frequented by atheists, they might be interested in this bit of news, such that it was.

I read it, posted it... Hey, I even made a very subtle joke or "funny" as my granny used to call them, that it was the Pope getting an audience with Mark Zuckerberg.

Let me explain... You see, normally people would say it was Mark Zuckerberg getting an audience with the Pope...hahaha. No, maybe it's too complex.

Anyway, only one person discussed the post in a sensible way, making an intelligent comment and then someone posted an insult about me.

It was all downhill after that. I thought I'd explain that for any newbies so they don't have to struggle through all the swearing and stuff.

PS. You can apply whatever internet law, Poe's law, poohs law or whatever you like to any part of this post. Feel free. Good luck to you.Wink
04-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Anyway, it rained here today, first time in over three months. It's been hot as hell here. The dogs honk. The German Shepherd is sweating all the time in his fur coat and smells like shit...and so does his dog. hahaha
04-09-2016, 01:58 PM
(04-09-2016 01:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was going to try to split this thread but really....

I'm not seeing a point.

There is nothing to save here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-09-2016, 02:02 PM
(04-09-2016 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was going to try to split this thread but really....

I'm not seeing a point.

There is nothing to save here.

Closing it seems to be the best option now.
04-09-2016, 02:04 PM
(04-09-2016 01:52 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Goodwin's law is a thing. I'll never doubt the internet again.

Ok, David Beckham meets Prince Harry.

I suppose, not being an internet nerd, I fell into that trap. Normally of course, on TA, if you aren't a warmist, you are called a holocaust denier. I think that was more what Godwin's law was about. I just couldn't think of a meeting between two people whose ideas were diametrically opposed.

Zuckerberg is an atheist and a master of modern technology. The Pope is... the Pope. It's an interesting meeting. I wan't comparing either of them to Hitler, by the way...just so you understand. Nor, for that matter was I comparing Anjele to Hitler, or to Mark Zuckerberg, or even the Pope. Or Chamerlaine. Just so we're clear on that.

I thought, on an internet forum frequented by atheists, they might be interested in this bit of news, such that it was.

I read it, posted it... Hey, I even made a very subtle joke or "funny" as my granny used to call them, that it was the Pope getting an audience with Mark Zuckerberg.

Let me explain... You see, normally people would say it was Mark Zuckerberg getting an audience with the Pope...hahaha. No, maybe it's too complex.

Anyway, only one person discussed the post in a sensible way, making an intelligent comment and then someone posted an insult about me.

It was all downhill after that. I thought I'd explain that for any newbies so they don't have to struggle through all the swearing and stuff.

PS. You can apply whatever internet law, Poe's law, poohs law or whatever you like to any part of this post. Feel free. Good luck to you.Wink

This was a reasonable reply. Thumbsup

Social media has become increasingly important, many news organizations are closing their comment sections and allowing social media to act for them.

In that regard regardless of disbelief or belief, it makes sense that Zuckerburg would meet the Pope. Facebook has really changed the way people connect and view news -- also, oddly although people on fb can make fake profiles, many people don't bother so their replies seem to generally lacking in the asshattery of say YouTube or other forms of media that allow anonymous posting. Now this isn't always the case (there are always exceptions to each rule) -- but this is largely has news organizations view comments on fb conpared to other media.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2016, 02:09 PM
(04-09-2016 01:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:41 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Anjele, I underestimated you when I said you were facetious. You are facetious and banal:

banal
bəˈnɑːl,-ˈnal/Submit
adjective

I am capable of using the online dictionary...but thanks for that.

Now I wait for you to go here...

[img][Image: j59ydd.jpg][/img]

Hey, I posted a reply and it brought up a picture of some guy who looks like a sex pervert. Is that intended to be some kind of insult directed at me? If it is, that's not very nice, y'know.