Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2016, 02:11 PM
RE: Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg
(04-09-2016 02:09 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am capable of using the online dictionary...but thanks for that.

Now I wait for you to go here...

[img][Image: j59ydd.jpg][/img]

Hey, I posted a reply and it brought up a picture of some guy who looks like a sex pervert. Is that intended to be some kind of insult directed at me? If it is, that's not very nice, y'know.

I'm out. You are looking for something you can make into a big thing where none exists.

I am sorry you sorry that you are lonely. Maybe trying to actually talk to people here would work.

Good luck.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2016, 02:16 PM
(04-09-2016 02:09 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am capable of using the online dictionary...but thanks for that.

Now I wait for you to go here...

[img][Image: j59ydd.jpg][/img]

Hey, I posted a reply and it brought up a picture of some guy who looks like a sex pervert. Is that intended to be some kind of insult directed at me? If it is, that's not very nice, y'know.

For ducks sake, it's Pee-Wee Herman...Facepalm

I'm getting the strong feeling you only want to argue and don't actually give a crap about your subject.

Whatever.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-09-2016, 02:19 PM
(04-09-2016 02:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 01:52 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Ok, David Beckham meets Prince Harry.

I suppose, not being an internet nerd, I fell into that trap. Normally of course, on TA, if you aren't a warmist, you are called a holocaust denier. I think that was more what Godwin's law was about. I just couldn't think of a meeting between two people whose ideas were diametrically opposed.

Zuckerberg is an atheist and a master of modern technology. The Pope is... the Pope. It's an interesting meeting. I wan't comparing either of them to Hitler, by the way...just so you understand. Nor, for that matter was I comparing Anjele to Hitler, or to Mark Zuckerberg, or even the Pope. Or Chamerlaine. Just so we're clear on that.

I thought, on an internet forum frequented by atheists, they might be interested in this bit of news, such that it was.

I read it, posted it... Hey, I even made a very subtle joke or "funny" as my granny used to call them, that it was the Pope getting an audience with Mark Zuckerberg.

Let me explain... You see, normally people would say it was Mark Zuckerberg getting an audience with the Pope...hahaha. No, maybe it's too complex.

Anyway, only one person discussed the post in a sensible way, making an intelligent comment and then someone posted an insult about me.

It was all downhill after that. I thought I'd explain that for any newbies so they don't have to struggle through all the swearing and stuff.

PS. You can apply whatever internet law, Poe's law, poohs law or whatever you like to any part of this post. Feel free. Good luck to you.Wink

This was a reasonable reply. Thumbsup

Social media has become increasingly important, many news organizations are closing their comment sections and allowing social media to act for them.

In that regard regardless of disbelief or belief, it makes sense that Zuckerburg would meet the Pope. Facebook has really changed the way people connect and view news -- also, oddly although people on fb can make fake profiles, many people don't bother so their replies seem to generally lacking in the asshattery of say YouTube or other forms of media that allow anonymous posting. Now this isn't always the case (there are always exceptions to each rule) -- but this is largely has news organizations view comments on fb conpared to other media.

I subscribe to the Atlantic and saw the article, then posted it.

I hadn't even had a chance to read it. Then, next thing I know, Bucky is posting some crap about me and I was distracted. After that, I didn't even bother to read the article or think about it.

I thought Zuckerberg was an atheist. I'm not criticizing him at all. I was just interested in what people thought of this. I am not sure previous Pope's would have met with a highly influential atheist. I know nothing about Pope Francis, or, for that matter, Zuckerberg. I just raised a flag on what I thought was a provocative story and waited for some comments. Things have changed. Or maybe he was needing some help setting up a FB page. I saw Barbara Streisand on TV saying she called Steve Jobs to get help with her computer.

I really have nothing else to say on the subject as I haven't read the article and I am so traumatized by all the abuse I've had after posting it that I'll never be the same person again. Gasp

I had other things to do tonight, actually, which were more important and I put them aside to engage in this stimulating debate. Actually, no, I didn't, that was an out and out fib. I'm just sitting here sweating in the heat rising out of Syrian and blowing my way and pondering whether to water the plants after our first rain in four months. Did I mention that?
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
04-09-2016, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 02:32 PM by Anjele.)
Never mind...

You posted an article you hadn't read.

So, there was no point to it in the first place other than to move on to Hitler?

Good job.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-09-2016, 02:22 PM
I could go on and on. Feel free to leave, get a coffee, close this thread. Plainly I misread the mood here. I am going to go outside on the veranda with my cup of tea and look at the stars and maybe go for a swim.
04-09-2016, 02:29 PM
(04-09-2016 02:19 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I subscribe to the Atlantic and saw the article, then posted it.

I hadn't even had a chance to read it. Then, next thing I know, Bucky is posting some crap about me and I was distracted. After that, I didn't even bother to read the article or think about it.

I really have nothing else to say on the subject as I haven't read the article and I am so traumatized by all the abuse I've had after posting it that I'll never be the same person again. Gasp

I had other things to do tonight, actually, which were more important and I put them aside to engage in this stimulating debate. Actually, no, I didn't, that was an out and out fib. I'm just sitting here sweating in the heat rising out of Syrian and blowing my way and pondering whether to water the plants after our first rain in four months. Did I mention that?

You cannot control what other people do or say, you can only control your reaction to it.

I hope it rains again soon.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-09-2016, 02:37 PM
(04-09-2016 02:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Never mind...

So, there was not point to it in the first place other than to move on to Hitler?

Good job.

Well, no, Anjele, I skimmed it, but since I don't know much about either personality I thought, hey, what better place to get some idea of why these people would want to meet than here.

Just to answer your question, so you understand, no, I didn't post it "to move on to Hitler". I had no intention of moving on to Hitler.

I'll explain what happened for you. I posted about a meeting between a leading theist and a leading atheist, a leading techogeek and a leading technophobe. None of that leads, I think, to a discussion of Hitler. I was just alerting posters here to this anomalous situation to help me get an understanding of the event. I thought it was interesting. Two worlds meet, y'know.

Then, you just said it was just a meeting, nothing special. I replied, using "irony", that this was like saying that the meeting between Hitler and Chamerlaine. I don't know if you know anything about that meeting but Chamberlaine was Prime Minister of England and he met with Hitler to see if he could avert a war. He got Hitler to sign an agreement and he waived it around in the air as he got off the plane and announced that he had achieved "Peace in our time", shortly after which, WWII broke out. it was a bit of an embarrassment for Chamberlaine, let me tell you that. Anyway, it went down as a warning against allowing oneself to be duped by bullying dictators like Hitler into thinking you can trust them. Chamberlaine became known as an "appeaser". The rest is history.

So, I just thought it was funny that you would just dismiss this meeting as a "nothing". Maybe it was, but I felt that you could take the same view and dismiss any meeting between two very influential people in the same way. I wasn't comparing anyone to Hitler. I was just amuse by how you could turn something which was quite significant in terms of the Pope meeting with someone who one might think was diametrically opposed to him and to whose modus vivendi, business, and other interests were diametrically opposed to his own religious, moral and philosophical ideas.

Maybe it says something about the Pope that he is trying to be all-embracing, trying to reach out to youth, trying to reconcile his religion with modern technological developments. I don't know. It was "news to me" that he was a technophobe, that Zuckerberg was an atheist, and all that, so when I say I hadn't had time to read the article, what I should have said, to be more clear, was that I had skimmed it, but I hadn't had time to digest what it said, so I figured I would share it.

But, then I lost interest because I was abused by BB.

Thanks for sharing by the way.
04-09-2016, 03:02 PM
I won't be posting on this thread anymore so you can do what you want with it. I feel that you have all contributed as much as you can to the discussion and, frankly, it was a helluva let down, so, I'm off to bed.

Good luck to you.
04-09-2016, 04:59 PM
(04-09-2016 02:37 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 02:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Never mind...

So, there was not point to it in the first place other than to move on to Hitler?

Good job.

Well, no, Anjele, I skimmed it, but since I don't know much about either personality I thought, hey, what better place to get some idea of why these people would want to meet than here.

Just to answer your question, so you understand, no, I didn't post it "to move on to Hitler". I had no intention of moving on to Hitler.

I'll explain what happened for you. I posted about a meeting between a leading theist and a leading atheist, a leading techogeek and a leading technophobe. None of that leads, I think, to a discussion of Hitler. I was just alerting posters here to this anomalous situation to help me get an understanding of the event. I thought it was interesting. Two worlds meet, y'know.

Then, you just said it was just a meeting, nothing special. I replied, using "irony", that this was like saying that the meeting between Hitler and Chamerlaine. I don't know if you know anything about that meeting but Chamberlaine was Prime Minister of England and he met with Hitler to see if he could avert a war. He got Hitler to sign an agreement and he waived it around in the air as he got off the plane and announced that he had achieved "Peace in our time", shortly after which, WWII broke out. it was a bit of an embarrassment for Chamberlaine, let me tell you that. Anyway, it went down as a warning against allowing oneself to be duped by bullying dictators like Hitler into thinking you can trust them. Chamberlaine became known as an "appeaser". The rest is history.

So, I just thought it was funny that you would just dismiss this meeting as a "nothing". Maybe it was, but I felt that you could take the same view and dismiss any meeting between two very influential people in the same way. I wasn't comparing anyone to Hitler. I was just amuse by how you could turn something which was quite significant in terms of the Pope meeting with someone who one might think was diametrically opposed to him and to whose modus vivendi, business, and other interests were diametrically opposed to his own religious, moral and philosophical ideas.

Maybe it says something about the Pope that he is trying to be all-embracing, trying to reach out to youth, trying to reconcile his religion with modern technological developments. I don't know. It was "news to me" that he was a technophobe, that Zuckerberg was an atheist, and all that, so when I say I hadn't had time to read the article, what I should have said, to be more clear, was that I had skimmed it, but I hadn't had time to digest what it said, so I figured I would share it.

But, then I lost interest because I was abused by BB.

Thanks for sharing by the way.

Grow the fuck up.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-09-2016, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 05:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-09-2016 01:21 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  What would you like to see me do now? What would amuse you?

I'd like to see you dance. .... oh and comparing meds might be fun too.

(04-09-2016 01:27 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  When a newcomer comes in, ....

Dude. You been here 2.5 years.

#sigh