Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Pope meets Mark Zuckerberg
(04-09-2016 02:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, there was no point to it in the first place other than to move on to Hitler?

It is a little known fact that Hitler invented both the hoola hoop and the skateboard.

When Von Paulus surrendered at Stalingrad, it is said Adolf began hoola hooping like a mad man. All the while screaming.

Then jumped on a skateboard with his entourage running after him to the local lentil soup shop. Even that did not calm him down.

Strange guy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
04-09-2016, 06:39 PM
(04-09-2016 05:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Then jumped on a skateboard with his entourage running after him to the local lentil soup shop. Even that did not calm him down.

Strange guy.

Some Matzah ball soup would have fixed him right up, unfortunately there was none available.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
06-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Maybe Mark is looking at a new career, just in case people figure out that the internet is a myth. Wink
06-09-2016, 01:01 PM
(04-09-2016 02:37 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ---
--- I posted about a meeting between a leading theist and a leading atheist, a leading techogeek and a leading technophobe. ---
---

I had no idea Zuckerberg was atheist. Is he? Unless you're referring to the pope as being atheist ... which, I can believe.
I was also under the impression that this pope has always been a bit of an info-maniac ... always tweeting about the poor is kind of what got him on the map when they were scouting for new popes.
If you feel like a conversation but, aren't certain what you're going on about, Deltabravo ... maybe frame your posts as more of a question. It might help others to relate and want to participate. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-09-2016, 01:44 PM
(06-09-2016 01:01 PM)kim Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 02:37 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ---
--- I posted about a meeting between a leading theist and a leading atheist, a leading techogeek and a leading technophobe. ---
---

I had no idea Zuckerberg was atheist. Is he? Unless you're referring to the pope as being atheist ... which, I can believe.
I was also under the impression that this pope has always been a bit of an info-maniac ... always tweeting about the poor is kind of what got him on the map when they were scouting for new popes.
If you feel like a conversation but, aren't certain what you're going on about, Deltabravo ... maybe frame your posts as more of a question. It might help others to relate and want to participate. Shy

The article says he is: It’s difficult to imagine two more different world leaders hanging out together. Zuckerberg was raised in a Jewish home, identifies as an atheist, and professes a profound respect for Buddhism.

I suppose it's a question. Despite my wife being Catholic, I would never want to meet the Pope so I can't quite figure out why they want to talk to each other.

I keep having these flashbacks to my youth. My brother had a big influence on me. He'd do well here. He decided not to go to medical school and went off to study Chinese at a faculty set up by Owen Latimore in Leeds, England, then in Beijing, and he also studied Russian and spent time in Moscow. This was back in the 70's. He came back and said that what will end the Cold War is consumer demand, because Moscow was a shit hole and no one like living there. People wanted to wear jeans and you could get $50 for a pair of jeans if you smuggled them in. Things were different then.

If, for instance, you went to Paris, the only MacDonald's was on the Champs Elysees at the back of an arcade. It was just a hole in the wall outlet but that's where everyone from the other side of the pond went to get something to remind them of home.

I think the internet will change everything and maybe Pope Francis is realizing that. Forget about Jesus being a myth. History is a myth. Everything was bogus and nothing matters now. Where does Christianity fit in to all of this?

I think that the internet holds hope because it gets information out there even into Islamic countries. What I found about this neck of the woods is that satellite TV has had a big impact. There are hundreds of TV channels coming out of this part of the world. I can watch stuff from Georgia all the way down through the Near and Middle East and out along North Africa. It's a mixed bag of stuff. There are whole channels devoted to Mecca, just showing people walking around the Kaaba in Mecca and other with people phoning in asking Immams questions about morality. At the same time, there are lots of local soap operas, music programs, comedies and news programs as well as some of the most smutty Western stuff like Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother. It's not a monolithic society at all and, of course, the internet is even more wide open so, in a way, who knows what the average "Muslim" thinks.

I think, like the Cold War, the world divisions over Islam aren't going to end because of wars or politics. They will end because people can see from the comfort of their own homes,what is going on in the minds of people all over the world.

I suppose that what Zuckerberg is thinking is that the Pope has access to hundreds of millions of Catholics in South America while the Pope is thinking that Zuckerberg can spread the "word", do unto others...
06-09-2016, 01:59 PM
I'm sure both Zuckerberg and Francis both have their respective social and political agendas, neither of which I pay much attention to. They're pushers and I've never been a user.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
06-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Talking about meds, and by the way, it rained yesterday, I will be talking about Meds, if I can get to Paris next week. I did something utterly mad, I think, by getting myself into this situation.

My wife's stroke seems to have hit her limbic region which controls not just motor skills but also fear, anxiety and aggression. It seems or seemed a decade ago that no one knew jack about neurological damage and how it affected personality and behaviour. The most you would get was a conversation that went something like, "My wife is very depressed, angry, etc, she had a stroke and can't work and gets depressed" to which the response would be "yes, having a stroke and not being able to walk or talk properly makes people feel depressed", as though the mental part is a psychological reaction to the physical side, like getting depressed cuz someone has stolen your cat. But it isn't like that. Anxiety conditions arise out of limbic system dysregulation and many conditions like schizophrenia are actually anxiety disorders and can now be treated.

I found myself wondering why the H there weren't doctors who suffered or whose families suffered from these sorts of conditions who were actually doing something about it. I didn't realize the power of the internet back then but I set about using it to find my wife some respite from what she was going through and I started by entering my details on an NHS site. I got a call from a psychiatric nurse who told me to get in touch with a neurologist/psychiatrist in Edinburgh. At the same time, I came across a medication being talked about on the UK's This Morning Program so I got hold of the book. I bought some of the stuff over the internet and then got my wife to Edinburgh and got a prescription. I joined an internet forum I had found to talk about this and get support.

What happened after that was horrifying beyond description and I just can't talk about it.

Anyway, the experience on the forum turned into some kind of surrealist hell with people attacking me because I wanted to get help from someone who could tell me how to get this drug to work, what the doses were etc.

Over the years other doctors started using this drug and I got in touch with a local consultant and got my wife's treatment transferred to him but his own hospital wouldn't assist him in his treatment and A and E didn't even know who he was.

Then a team of doctors in Paris and Geneva started trialing this drug and eventually published guidelines in French on how to use it and I translated it into English so it is now published in an academic journal in English for people in English speaking countries to use. I had spent so much time dealing with this condition and variants of it, which aren't usually associated with organic brain damage, and aren't nearly as serious as my wife's condition that I set up a number of websites and started to get thousands of hits and then I was targetted by trolls and people trying to take down the drugs forum. It was all a mess. I turned into some kind of internet crusader trying to get public attention for this drug and get doctors engage in it.

Internet forums are strange places and you get people who become obsessed, particularly on drugs forums, I found out, because some of them have very serious psychological problems and over the past 8 years I've been doing this, I have had a few run-ins. However, I put all my research together and sent it off to Paris and next week I'm presenting this publicly for the first time. We've booked a hotel near the Jardins du Luxembourg and I want to make it a romantic weekend for my wife to thank her for putting up with me.

I have found the experience of caring for a disabled wife for the past 12 years to be physically and emotionally draining to the point of sheer exhaustion. One develops a modus vivendi and I think what has happened to me is that I could not talk about this situation to anyone to share what I was going through so I bottled it up and couldn't be friends with anyone because I didn't want to talk about the true picture of this illness, how devastating it is to the sufferer and families.

When we took over care last December of the 91 year old lady whose son had died I was told she had dementia. When I met her with my wife and we took her home, thinking she would die within a few weeks, it was a massive strain, psychologically just to deal with someone wandering around our house not knowing where she was, because of the blindness, deafness and dementia. Eventually, as the effects of her illnesses wore off I realized she could communicate and she told me her son had killed himself after showing her something and saying he was going to take it.

I went back to her house, which was like the black hole of Calcutta, cleaned it and decorated it and in the process I found the bag of rat poison he had used, right next to the chair he was found dead in. He had gone to his neighbour that day and said he couldn't take looking after her anymore and he wanted someone to step in and take it off his hands. At the funeral, his friend said he "gave his life" for his mother, and he was my age.

I know how he feels because brain damage and organic demential-like conditins of any sort are incredibly difficult to deal with. There are simply not enough neurologists involving themselves in treatment of it and those who are are not necessarily interested in this kind of issue. I've only met a few and it is still a very young and developing field.

I suppose, by way of explanation, what I have been doing here is to do things which take my pain away, not because anyone can help me, but by attacking me, in a way, it takes my "suffering" over this away for a while. I think about something else. The more controversial a subject I post about and the more outrageous, the better because it provokes the most outrageous and hurtful response and I think about that, and not about my wife, or my life...

So, hey, think of me as a Horus-nut. It's a bit like the Newzoids depiction of David Cameron. He asks George Osborne to video him having sex with a pig because he'd rather be remembered that way than for the man who lost Brexit.
06-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Both of them are cunts.
12-09-2016, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 07:25 PM by Deltabravo.)
...but, apart from that,

It's an example of how the metaphysical keeps receding. It starts out as the night sky, "behind the day sky", the super natural, "above" the natural world and becomes a term for things we don't understand and can't see, like electricity. Until we do and then it recedes to being something beyond that. As soon as we find one "world" god might be living in, he leaves.

Maybe the Pope thinks Zuckerberg has tapped into a kind of metaphysical world and wanted to find out if God was there, maybe lurking on an internet forum.
12-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Hey, maybe he thinks Mark Zuckerberg IS God!

Maybe Mark Zuckerberg IS God!Ohmy