Pope or Hitler site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Pope or Hitler site
A good site to reference when arguing against that stupid, baseless, theist assertion that we're forced to explain again and again.

http://popeorhitler.com/

It gives you a quote and you have to guess if it came from the Pope or Hitler.

Hint: The answer to all of them is Hitler.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2011, 11:29 PM
RE: Pope or Hitler site
Perhaps a fun way to take this could be to find some "evil" quotes from any pope for the site's admin to add. I see he can be reached on Twitter.
I've been looking, but can't find any. Need to rephrase my search, I guess...Huh

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
10-08-2011, 04:58 AM
It is hard to find something Pope said that looks like Hitler, because he is/was Pope for reason, and that reason is that they know how and what to speak. It is very unlikely that you will be able to find such things.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Well the current pope was in the hitler youth and looks like emperor palpatine. I'm certain that there will be some hiltler like inspired statements.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-08-2011, 05:49 AM
That is very true, but still, talking and BSing is the first and most important any Catholic priest learns and Pope Palpatine is highly positioned person for a very long time now, so I doubt you will be able to dig up anything. But who knows, maybe if you take something out of the context, as religious people tend to do...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Pope palpitine (which I am going to call him from now on) once said "Lent is like a long 'retreat' during which we can turn back into ourselves and listen to the voice of God, in order to defeat the temptations of the Evil One" which I think is code for " now prepare to witness the power of this armed and fully operational battle station!" as a laser fires from st peters and blows up the planet Alderaan.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-08-2011, 07:26 PM
(10-08-2011 04:58 AM)Filox Wrote:  It is hard to find something Pope said that looks like Hitler, because he is/was Pope for reason, and that reason is that they know how and what to speak. It is very unlikely that you will be able to find such things.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I never thought about that as a selection prerequisite, but that makes sense. However, the bible itself is so full of crap much worse than hitler, so I was kind of hoping....
Oh well...Sad

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
12-08-2011, 07:39 PM
(09-08-2011 08:45 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  A good site to reference when arguing against that stupid, baseless, theist assertion that we're forced to explain again and again.

Yeah, I stopped arguing with them decades ago. Now I just smile bemusedly.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.