Pope's view on transgender people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Pope's view on transgender people
A link I saw on Godless Engineer's facebook page from Patheos says Pope Francis has said, "Pope Francis says trans people destroy creation and compares them to nuclear weapons."
The strange thing is I always thought it was my farts Laugh out load

Anyway, I figured it would make for an interesting discussion on The Thinking Atheist page.

Below is the link to the article.
Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropolo...z3SF3kkDje
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Rinyotsu's post
19-02-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: Pope's view on transgender people
I'm not trans*, but fuck him. He can suck my dick and see if it hardens

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-02-2015, 07:33 PM

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
19-02-2015, 07:59 PM
(19-02-2015 06:52 PM)Rinyotsu Wrote:  A link I saw on Godless Engineer's facebook page from Patheos says Pope Francis has said, "Pope Francis says trans people destroy creation and compares them to nuclear weapons."
The strange thing is I always thought it was my farts Laugh out load

Anyway, I figured it would make for an interesting discussion on The Thinking Atheist page.

Below is the link to the article.
Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danthropolo...z3SF3kkDje

Yeah, well I do get why they frighten the crap out of him and believers. God's perfect design gone all haywire. Make them all spend a week in the Peds Genetic Clinic, and they'd ALL be damn atheists by the end of that week. What does the pope think of hermaphrodites ? Facepalm ... Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Unfortunately the LGBT club I tend to attend each Thursday didn't see the article but when they searched for a less "biased" source (the link they saw was gay star news or something) they instead found the article where the pope comforts a transman. "Oh people are just trying to make him look bad" and I was sure I was outnumbered at that point to offer a rebuttle that the pope really does suck.

Pope Francis, more like Pope Fuck-Off

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
20-02-2015, 01:06 AM
Good find. Thanks.
20-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Best news I've heard all week! I'm apparently a weapon of mass destruction! Huzzah!

The Pope is a giant fucking moron and a horrible person. I hope some day he does a bit of introspection and realizes his stupidity. I mean, that's how I figured out I was trans and that I had things about me that I had to fix to be a better person.

I won't be holding my breath for that, though. Maybe people should pray for him. (Har har!)

I doodle.
A lot.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
[+] 2 users Like Chaos' Requiem's post
21-02-2015, 08:08 AM
I haven't been able to find the writing where this quote comes from, but I want to be able to see exactly what was said before I pass judgement. Not because I think this pope is wonderful or anything, but because every time some sound bite from him makes the news, good or bad, there's usually some nuance that gets glossed over or lost in translation, and that irks me. That said, and the Church has a deplorable view of transgender issues, so I don't for a minute think that he holds a different or more enlightened view. The pope, after all, is still Catholic.

I'm just thinking out loud.
21-02-2015, 09:41 AM
(21-02-2015 08:08 AM)KnowtheSilence Wrote:  I haven't been able to find the writing where this quote comes from, but I want to be able to see exactly what was said before I pass judgement.

Agreed. I've tried to look for the source, but the only one (which is the one for the article) comes from a book that has been recently published (the title should be Pope Francis: This economy kills), so you need to buy it to read the actual quote.

Posting a photo of the sentences would have been nice.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
21-02-2015, 10:58 PM
"Let's think of the nuclear arms, of the possibility to annihilate in a few instants a very high number of human beings," he was quoted as saying. "Let's think also of genetic manipulation, of the manipulation of life, or of the gender theory, that does not recognise the order of creation."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people...61223.html

When the pope started saying shitty things, first thing I thought was "fukkin called it"

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."