Pope says evolution is true

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Pope says evolution is true
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...22514.html

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
28-10-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Pope says evolution is true
(28-10-2014 02:53 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...22514.html

Last I heard, evolution was accepted by the Catholics for a while.. must heard wrong.

But it is enjoyable watching the Catholic Church continue to be in retreat, I must admit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-10-2014, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 03:13 PM by Grasshopper.)
(28-10-2014 02:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 02:53 PM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...22514.html

Last I heard, evolution was accepted by the Catholics for a while.. must heard wrong.

But it is enjoyable watching the Catholic Church continue to be in retreat, I must admit.

No, you heard correctly. Catholics have accepted evolution for a long time. I was born and raised Catholic, and was taught the theory of evolution in Biology class in a Catholic high school in 1970. This is nothing new.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
28-10-2014, 04:21 PM
(28-10-2014 03:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 02:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Last I heard, evolution was accepted by the Catholics for a while.. must heard wrong.

No, you heard correctly. Catholics have accepted evolution for a long time. I was born and raised Catholic, and was taught the theory of evolution in Biology class in a Catholic high school in 1970. This is nothing new.

Cool, it's good to know I've been getting good information.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-10-2014, 04:42 PM
(28-10-2014 03:06 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 02:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Last I heard, evolution was accepted by the Catholics for a while.. must heard wrong.

I did too - Catholic high school grad of 1975. My biology teacher wasn't clergy but my physics teacher was. Neither brought religion into the science lab.

I suppose science was further promoted by my dad being a veterinarian and his interest in genetics and such...we got to watch a bunny fur length and color experiment that my dad was doing. That ended with a survival of the fittest lesson when a dog broke into the room and well - you can guess.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-10-2014, 04:54 PM
No.

Bullshit. You don't get to do that.

Tell me, Mr. Pope, if evolution is true, why does your holy book simply say God plopped two fully formed humans in the garden, and then never mentions them changing? Oh, that's a metaphor now? So, so is sin then? So Jesus wasn't needed? So your whole religion just fell into pieces?

Well I guess that settles it. Turn in your funny hat and some people will be by in a few days to figure out how many starving people they can feed with all that gold of yours.
Quote:Speaking at the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pope made comments which experts said put an end to the “pseudo theories” of creationism and intelligent design that some argue were encouraged by his predecessor, Benedict XVI.

Oh, good, I was just waiting for confirmation from the old guy who probably hasn't touched a science text book since he was eighteen.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
28-10-2014, 11:35 PM
More of the manipulative PR for people to think the Pope is grand and innovative when he's literally saying nothing different than accepted catholic doctrine

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-10-2014, 11:56 PM
The Young Turks - Pope Gives Evolution a Big-Banging

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Im impressed. I might like this one.
Hope for me yet lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
29-10-2014, 05:21 AM
Yeah, although if you go back far enough, it's still a case of this:

[Image: 20100919.gif]
[+] 17 users Like RobbyPants's post