Pope says priests can forgive abortion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Pope says priests can forgive abortion
(21-11-2016 10:57 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Have they forgiven themselves yet for the rape (and subsequent coverup) of many, many underage children?

Oh hell yeah --- right before they diddled the next kid in line.....

Sadcryface

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2016, 11:23 AM
The RCC is replete with bizarre absolutions, breaking its own rules and of course indulgences.

Within my very Catholic family a cousin wanted a divorce from her cheating husband. She petitioned her local priest who kept taking the matter higher up the chain of command until she finally received a signed absolution document from the Pope himself. Whatever makes them feel better I guess. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
21-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Now if priests were able to bless a pack of condoms, we might be getting somewhere.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Pope says priests can forgive abortion
How gracious of pope to allow his underlings forgive "sin" which church invented.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
21-11-2016, 02:08 PM
This Pope might want to watch his back. Remember what happened with that uppity, too progressive John Paul 1st ... just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Here's a few recent statistics on abortion.

[Image: 0C3wZoO.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-11-2016, 06:54 PM
(21-11-2016 10:57 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Have they forgiven themselves yet for the rape (and subsequent coverup) of many, many underage children?

That's got to be one of the perks of the job, right?

You've done something bad, father!
Hail Marry Hail Marry. I'm forgiven.

21-11-2016, 07:38 PM
So I heard this from another source too. Only bishops could forgive abortion. How very odd. Jesus, in the person of the priest is the one forgiving, according to them. Then he wasn't. Now that's changed. So priests could forgive murder, but only bishops could forgive abortion. Okey dokey.
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-11-2016, 08:05 PM
(21-11-2016 06:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here's a few recent statistics on abortion.

[Image: 0C3wZoO.jpg]

How telling. Seems they need to instill religious conformity more than screw with secular laws.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-11-2016, 06:58 AM
I live in 86,9% Catholic country, and the best part of getting absolutions is that it is easier to get it for rape or stealing then for living with your boyfriend/girlfriend without marriage Big Grin So say whatever you want- RCC has it's standards Wink
And according rape- polish bishop few months ago said in radio podcast, that children asked for it, so there is nothing to apologize for, obviously Evil_monster