Pope says spreading fake news is a sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: Pope says spreading fake news is a sin
Plus, try getting by without purchasing things and paying sales tax.

Or better yet, pull some 'sovereign citizen' bullshit the next time you get food at a restaurant and refuse to pay the sales tax, see how well that works out for you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2016, 07:37 AM
(24-12-2016 05:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Plus, try getting by without purchasing things and paying sales tax.

Or better yet, pull some 'sovereign citizen' bullshit the next time you get food at a restaurant and refuse to pay the sales tax, see how well that works out for you.

You're not getting it EK, only the federal income tax counts because of reasons.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
24-12-2016, 08:33 AM
(24-12-2016 07:37 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 05:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Plus, try getting by without purchasing things and paying sales tax.

You're not getting it EK, only the federal income tax counts because of reasons.

Well then, you'll get a kick out of this. Remember the Whiskey Rebellion?

From Wikipedia...

The Whiskey Rebellion (also known as the Whiskey Insurrection) was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791 during the presidency of George Washington. The so-called "whiskey tax" was the first tax imposed on a domestic product by the newly formed federal government. It became law in 1791, and was intended to generate revenue to help reduce the national debt. The tax applied to all distilled spirits, but whiskey was by far the most popular distilled beverage in the 18th-century U.S., so the excise became widely known as a "whiskey tax". The new excise was a part of U.S. treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to pay war debt incurred during the American Revolutionary War.

The tax was resisted by farmers in the western frontier regions who were long accustomed to distilling their surplus grain and corn into whiskey. In these regions, whiskey was sufficiently popular that it often served as a medium of exchange. Many of the resisters were war veterans who believed that they were fighting for the principles of the American Revolution, in particular against taxation without local representation, while the U.S. federal government maintained that the taxes were the legal expression of the taxation powers of Congress.

Throughout counties in Western Pennsylvania, protesters used violence and intimidation to prevent federal officials from collecting the tax. Resistance came to a climax in July 1794, when a U.S. marshal arrived in western Pennsylvania to serve writs to distillers who had not paid the excise. The alarm was raised, and more than 500 armed men attacked the fortified home of tax inspector General John Neville. Washington responded by sending peace commissioners to western Pennsylvania to negotiate with the rebels, while at the same time calling on governors to send a militia force to enforce the tax. Washington himself rode at the head of an army to suppress the insurgency, with 13,000 militiamen provided by the governors of Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. The rebels all went home before the arrival of the army, and there was no confrontation. About 20 men were arrested, but all were later acquitted or pardoned. Most distillers in nearby Kentucky were found to be all but impossible to tax; in the next six years, over 175 distillers from Kentucky were convicted of violating the tax law. Numerous examples of resistance are recorded in court documents and newspaper accounts.

The Whiskey Rebellion demonstrated that the new national government had the will and the ability to suppress violent resistance to its laws. The whiskey excise remained difficult to collect, however. The events contributed to the formation of political parties in the United States, a process already underway. The whiskey tax was repealed after Thomas Jefferson became President in 1801; his Republican Party, opposed Hamilton's Federalist Party.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2016, 10:56 AM
(24-12-2016 07:37 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

Because its the one we were talking about.
24-12-2016, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 11:46 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(24-12-2016 10:56 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 07:37 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You're not getting it EK, only the federal income tax counts because of reasons.

Because its the one we were talking about.

If your dumbass had bothered to read that earlier post instead of trying a lolumadbro line of bullshit you would know I've already disproven that nonsense.

24-12-2016, 12:07 PM
(24-12-2016 11:33 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 10:56 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Because its the one we were talking about.

If your dumbass had bothered to read that earlier post instead of trying a lolumadbro line of bullshit you would know I've already disproven that nonsense.

You've disproved nothing, you tried arguing about something I wasn't even saying, you tried saving yourself and you failed.

[Image: 84796713.jpg]

24-12-2016, 12:35 PM
(24-12-2016 12:07 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 11:33 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  If your dumbass had bothered to read that earlier post instead of trying a lolumadbro line of bullshit you would know I've already disproven that nonsense.

You've disproved nothing...

Nope. You asserted that we were both talking about just the income tax and I reminded you that you never named a specific tax(I had to guess) and the gave a direct fucking quote of me talking about municipal, provincial/state, and federal taxes.

So yes I did disprove your assertion that we were both talking about the federal income tax. My evidence trumps your assertions and it's not gonna change no matter how much you lie about it. Drinking Beverage

25-12-2016, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2016 01:11 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(24-12-2016 12:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 12:07 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You've disproved nothing...

Nope. You asserted that we were both talking about just the income tax and I reminded you that you never named a specific tax(I had to guess) and the gave a direct fucking quote of me talking about municipal, provincial/state, and federal taxes.

So yes I did disprove your assertion that we were both talking about the federal income tax. My evidence trumps your assertions and it's not gonna change no matter how much you lie about it. Drinking Beverage

You assumed in one of your posts that I was talking about the federal income tax, therefore you assumed that was what we were talking about previously. So then if that is what you were assuming about now then it means that you were assuming it then.

And lastly, i'll finish with this. Even for the little sales tax, the business tax (obviously since a lot of big corporations don't even pay taxes), and the property tax. Even for these taxes (and probably countless others) there are ways around them so one doesn't have to pay them. Quite easy ways in fact.

But since you assumed previously that we were talking about the federal income tax then you know damn well that was the one we were talking about.

But hey, even if you want to say it wasn't the one we were talking about and we include all those other taxes. Guess what? You also agreed then that there were legal ways that you could not pay THOSE taxes either, because YOU didn't specify when you agreed with me.

(20-12-2016 08:44 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You know there are perfectly legal ways not to pay your taxes.

Quote:But to answer your question: yup I do know that. And it's irrelevant

Quote:I should have specified earlier that when I agreed I just meant specific taxes because you really can't avoid paying all taxes.
But you didn't so I must be right then because you didn't specify any particular and just agreed with me on the taxes which I guess by your logic applied to ALL the taxes and not just the federal income tax because according to you you weren't just meaning the federal income tax the entire time we were debating but was actually talking about all taxes in general.

Quote:First off you never actually specified any tax as far as i can recall, I later assumed you meant the Federal Income tax and argued from that because that's how a debate works. Secondly and more importantly you are just flat wrong or lying (take your pick) as I never said I was talking about JUST the one tax, in fact I even said the exact opposite.

26-12-2016, 12:09 AM
Quote:You assumed in one of your posts that I was talking about the federal income tax, therefore you assumed that was what we were talking about previously.
Nope, I eventually assumed YOU were talking about the federal income tax and that was only after several vague posts by you about "taxes" in the plural.
Now once I realized that you were trying to talk about the federal income tax as if it was in a vacuum where no other taxes exist or matter I was happy to debate against your example. But I never said that I was talking about JUST the federal income tax, I've even shown you twice now exactly were I said you had to pay multiple taxes, and again why the fuck would I do that? Why would I intentionally and willing exclude every other tax that proves my point instantly?

I can argue against your position and your example without holding either. A tax doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Quote:So then if that is what you were assuming about now then it means that you were assuming it then.
No it does not and I've shown clear examples of me talking about multiple taxes on several occasions. Again I eventually assumed that's what you were talking about, because you never actually stated which one. You're such a shit communicator I had to guess. Originally you just said taxes, never mentioning a specific one.

Frankly in my opinion you kept it vague intentionally so you could shift the goal post when you got backed into a corner. I don't care cause I've been able to dismantle them from start to finish.

As a side note it's a stupid thing to do to try and tell me what I think, and it's even stupider when I've given clear examples multiple times that your assertion is wrong.

Quote:And lastly, i'll finish with this. Even for the little sales tax, the business tax (obviously since a lot of big corporations don't even pay taxes), and the property tax. Even for these taxes (and probably countless others) there are ways around them so one doesn't have to pay them. Quite easy ways in fact.
And I've demonstrated by example, comparison, and by the very definition of the word taxes that they are compulsory. Your objection doesn't matter, and does not change the nature or the definition of a tax.

Let's go back to your federal income tax example for a second cause I got a question for you. If you just stop paying the tax the government will force compliance either through jail time or some other means. Why is that? If paying your taxes is voluntary like you say why is tax evasion a crime?
I really don't get why this is hard for you but still I look forward to you dodging the question like a bitch. Drinking Beverage

Quote:But since you assumed previously that we were talking about the federal income tax then you know damn well that was the one we were talking about.
No it's the one you were talking about, I was talking about taxes as a whole and made that clear several times, and was merely arguing against your example. That's how a debate works fuckwit.

You still haven't given an explanation as to why I would intentionally handycap myself by ignoring every other tax.

Quote:But hey, even if you want to say it wasn't the one we were talking about and we include all those other taxes. Guess what? You also agreed then that there were legal ways that you could not pay THOSE taxes either, because YOU didn't specify when you agreed with me.
Fuck me.... Reading comprehension. I've never said WE were talking about all taxes I said I was talking about all taxes, and that you were busy being vauge as shit and shifting goal post by trying to turn the conversation to just a single tax, Federal Income Tax, which I was more than willing to address specifically. At no point did my position that taxeS are compulsory. I agreed with you and then IN ONE OF THE VERY NEXT POSTS clarified my position because I felt your assertion was simplistic and my agreement premature and not specific enough.

And again it doesn't matter, as even if there were ways around every single tax that wouldn't change the definition or nature of a tax from being compulsory. I'm sorry you don't like it but it is what it is and your comparison remains shit.

I also explained why, several different times with several different explanations, and several different examples why taxation is still compulsory.
You on the other hand have given no examples, no evidence, and no explanations. You have just declared it so as if that was good enough lol

It is not.
Quote:
(20-12-2016 08:44 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  You know there are perfectly legal ways not to pay your taxes.
Quick question skippy: why would you need a legal way to not pay your taxes if they are not compulsory like you claimed they weren't? Why can't you just like...stop paying them? Drinking Beverage
Fucking. Stupid.
Yaaaa......That doesn't say what you seem to think it does.

Let me ask again, if taxes are voluntary why can't you just stop paying them? There are perfectly legal ways to shoot a man, that doesn't mean the laws governing murder don't apply to you.

Even the definition of tax proves you wrong. Can't say I'm surprised you only seem to care about definitions when they support what you think. Drinking Beverage

Quote:But you didn't so I must be right then because you didn't specify any particular and just agreed with me on the taxes which I guess by your logic applied to ALL the taxes and not just the federal income tax because according to you you weren't just meaning the federal income tax the entire time we were debating but was actually talking about all taxes in general.
Jesus fucking Christ. This is exactly what I mean about reading comprehension, there are three separate examples of it in that single sentence. For fuck sake the sentence you quoted HAS THE EXPLANATION in it. It's a clarification of my position because I wasn't specific enough as to my thoughts the first time and it even explains that in the sentence you pedantic cunt.
You keep telling me you have no problem with reading comprehension but you can't comprehend that the sentence your quoting has an explanation in it about the thing you are whining about? Are you actually brain damaged?

AND AGAIN.....It does NOT matter because it the fact that you have other laws you can utilize to get around a tax doesn't change the definition of a tax which is COMPULSORY.

Quote:

Done is what you were the second you decided to ignore entire posts in a debate to act like an Xbox Live douchebro instead. I'm using you as a chew toy until someone intelligent comes along worth debating.

I've been using evidence, definitions, legitimate comparisons, contrasting examples, supportive examples, and clear and concise explainations of every single one of my positions and arguments.

You have done almost none of that. Between strawman arguments, demonstrably lying, multiple fallacies, shifting of the goal posts, out right assertions, ignoring inconvenient arguments and evidence, and finally just out right declaring yourself the victor right after you run away from an entire post refuting your arguments.

You were done a long fucking time ago little boy.

26-12-2016, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 12:18 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
I'm getting bored with your idiocy so I'm gonna ask this quick, and you can actually ignore my previous point as it's mostly just me saying the same things in new ways to a person who couldn't grasp it the first 4 times.

If you repeatedly stop paying your federal income tax just because you feel like it what does the government do and why?

Let's see if I can get an honest answer out of you for once.