Pope says we're OK

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Pope says we're OK
So many of you will be relieved to here, the Pope announced that atheists can be good people. No word if Catholics can be good people but, it seems plausible.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may...an-be-good

Does anyone really give a crap? Sadly, people follow what this fool says, so, I guess it is a good thing, though the irony is plenty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like T.H.'s post
23-05-2013, 05:11 AM
RE: Pope says we're OK
its the swing of the pendulum. He's only saying it because the pope before him was against such a thought. It's his way of standing out. still a bunch of b.s.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-05-2013, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 11:55 AM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
Can or have to be? I quite enjoy being the evil, baby munching spawn of Satan that I am. This is way too much pressure.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
23-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote: contrast to the attitude of his predecessor, Benedict, who sometimes prompted complaints from non-Catholics that he seemed to see them as second-class believers.

Well, we used to be second-class believers? Huh lol
23-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I see this as a good thing. There are a zillion catholics across the globe (how many are there?) and the more tolerance of different world views he shows, the better for humanity.

Every move away from condemning us heathens is a move away from restrictive religious culture.

I could care less why he said it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
23-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Oh, I need some fuckwad who protects child molesters to tell me that I'm okay?. No, don't need someone to tell me I'm ok. I know I'm ok. On the other hand, I'm not sure if we could say that someone who harbors and protects child molesters is okay.

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
23-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Great no hell for us. Everybody get out there and sin away Thumbsup

This pope is all about publicity stunts while making very little difference, same shit different arsehole.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
23-05-2013, 12:15 PM
He must have read my new best selling self-help book :

"Im OK, You're Not So Hot".

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Let's face it, the Catholic church will continue to accept reality, one bite at a time until such time that it endorses atheism, homosexuality, polygamy, gambling, prostitution, drug use, etc....

Just as long as everyone will let the folks at the Vatican keep all their riches.

Truth is, they don't give a fuck about atheists. Or Catholics. They give a fuck about all the real estate and jewelry they own and the Pope gives a fuck about his Liberace dress.

So... don't be surprised when the Pope makes some announcement that god now accepts this group or that. Just keep an eye on your wallet and your young boys.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
23-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Excellent point Dom.

Another thing to realize is that a lot of Catholics know the rules and bend them anyway, they just aren't blatant about it around the other Catholics. When the Pope speaks a lot of people listen but when he speaks he is often stating a stand that was taken by his people long before.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post