Pope says we're OK

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Pope says we're OK
(23-05-2013 12:36 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Let's face it, the Catholic church will continue to accept reality, one bite at a time until such time that it endorses atheism, homosexuality, polygamy, gambling, prostitution, drug use, etc....

Just as long as everyone will let the folks at the Vatican keep all their riches.

Truth is, they don't give a fuck about atheists. Or Catholics. They give a fuck about all the real estate and jewelry they own and the Pope gives a fuck about his Liberace dress.

So... don't be surprised when the Pope makes some announcement that god now accepts this group or that. Just keep an eye on your wallet and your young boys.

Yup. The pope made those comments for the same reason that Pat Robertson said the earth was not 6000 years old. These assholes are losing market share and relevancy and are desperate.

I have stated before in previous posts that religion and religious superstition is being eclipsed by a mountain of scientific information and progress. The church can't tolerate it but no longer has the government in its pocket to crush out dissenting opinions. They are doomed to irrelevancy sooner or later.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
24-05-2013, 01:40 AM
There was a picture posted to Facebook asking "we like the pope now?"
I responded by saying that:
"Nope, never, still represents everything that's wrong with the world.
But, easing up on condoms, homosexuals, church-wealth and a number of other things are tiny steps on a right direction. And credit where credit is due.
Steps like these are impossible to reverse in this information-age.
If the next pope decides to adorn himself in gold and ruby slippers again: the internet will go berserk and that will have ramifications."

But then this came along. And now I think: Atheists -can- be good people? Atheists are -the- good people. Here I was about to give you credit that "Popes might be good people". Tread lightly, Francis!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
24-05-2013, 03:47 AM
If the Pope speaks on behalf of God, and the Pope says atheists are alright, then God says atheists are alright. If God says it's alright not to believe in him, and his son/self is Christ then atheists are Christians, whether you like it or not. Tell that to the next Catholic who wants to debate God Laugh out load

You may be surprised at the response you get whether the logic is sound or not.

24-05-2013, 05:36 AM
(23-05-2013 12:36 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Let's face it, the Catholic church will continue to accept reality, one bite at a time until such time that it endorses atheism, homosexuality, polygamy, gambling, prostitution, drug use, etc....

Just as long as everyone will let the folks at the Vatican keep all their riches.

Truth is, they don't give a fuck about atheists. Or Catholics. They give a fuck about all the real estate and jewelry they own and the Pope gives a fuck about his Liberace dress.

So... don't be surprised when the Pope makes some announcement that god now accepts this group or that. Just keep an eye on your wallet and your young boys.

The Catholic Church, I have read, has been losing membership for years now. If they loosen the entry requirements maybe they could add a few to their roster?

I play golf with a Catholic priest believe it or not. We never, ever talk religion. He has a single digit handicap, likes to bet, either drives his convertible Boxter BMW or Avalanche pickup truck and likes the ladies. He travels frequently back to Ireland where he has his home.

If he weren't a priest he'd make a great atheist.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
25-05-2013, 06:17 PM
(23-05-2013 11:17 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Oh, I need some fuckwad who protects child molesters to tell me that I'm okay?. No, don't need someone to tell me I'm ok. I know I'm ok. On the other hand, I'm not sure if we could say that someone who harbors and protects child molesters is okay.

Exactly.

BTW, is it just me or does the dude in the video bear a striking resemblance to Sarah Ferguson (formerly the Duchess of York)? Shocking

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)
25-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Great stuff!
Where can I trade my Ford for a Popemobile?