Pops Goes Dualistic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 05:21 AM
RE: Pops Goes Dualistic
(03-10-2015 05:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 05:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Also with monumental effort. I'm not quite understanding what the point is that you are trying to make. Undecided
I'm just trying to say that to accept both the positive and negative is to find the middle ground. The middle ground is pretty much useless as it does nothing and makes no ripples therefore no change for good or bad or positive or negative.

Do you feel it is necessary to make ripples?

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-10-2015, 07:49 AM
(03-10-2015 05:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 05:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm just trying to say that to accept both the positive and negative is to find the middle ground. The middle ground is pretty much useless as it does nothing and makes no ripples therefore no change for good or bad or positive or negative.

Do you feel it is necessary to make ripples?
Given what I feel as if I know; yes, it is pertinent for the survival of all as we know it.
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2015, 02:41 PM
(03-10-2015 07:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Given what I feel as if I know; yes, it is pertinent for the survival of all as we know it.

What you "feel" is irrelevant. What you can demonstrate to be true is not.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
03-10-2015, 02:46 PM
(03-10-2015 05:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 05:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Also with monumental effort. I'm not quite understanding what the point is that you are trying to make. Undecided
I'm just trying to say that to accept both the positive and negative is to find the middle ground. The middle ground is pretty much useless as it does nothing and makes no ripples therefore no change for good or bad or positive or negative.

You've still yet to provide a reason to think there is such a real thing as positive/negative. As far as the mind and ranges of feeling to thinking with confirmation out there, it appears they aren't real, only thinking makes them so.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-10-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 03:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-10-2015 05:21 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Do you feel it is necessary to make ripples?

If I knew the way, I would take you home.

If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung
Would you hear my voice come through the music
Would you hold it near as it were your own?

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
I don't know, don't really care
Let there be songs to fill the air

[Chorus]
Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
Nor wind to blow

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty
If your cup is full may it be again
Let it be known there is a fountain
That was not made by the hands of men

There is a road, no simple highway
Between the dawn and the dark of night
And if you go no one may follow
That path is for your steps alone

[Chorus]

You who choose to lead must follow
But if you fall you fall alone
If you should stand then who's to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-10-2015, 03:44 PM
(03-10-2015 02:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 05:15 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm just trying to say that to accept both the positive and negative is to find the middle ground. The middle ground is pretty much useless as it does nothing and makes no ripples therefore no change for good or bad or positive or negative.

You've still yet to provide a reason to think there is such a real thing as positive/negative. As far as the mind and ranges of feeling to thinking with confirmation out there, it appears they aren't real, only thinking makes them so.
There is positive and negative in absolutely everything. It is observed in energy such as electrical circuits, wants vs needs, life and death, growth, decay, time space dilation vs the force that binds, orbits and gravity, light and dark, energy and void, matter and antimatter, dark matter and black holes. every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Literally everything is held in a balance. Without positive and negative forces there would be no balance or form as we understand it. A positive force could be me throwing a brick into the air. A negative force could be seen as gravity pulling it back down. Conversely, if mass makes gravity then void is the absence there of.
03-10-2015, 03:48 PM
(03-10-2015 03:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 02:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You've still yet to provide a reason to think there is such a real thing as positive/negative. As far as the mind and ranges of feeling to thinking with confirmation out there, it appears they aren't real, only thinking makes them so.
There is positive and negative in absolutely everything. It is observed in energy such as electrical circuits, wants vs needs, life and death, growth, decay, time space dilation vs the force that binds, orbits and gravity, light and dark, energy and void, matter and antimatter, dark matter and black holes. every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Literally everything is held in a balance. Without positive and negative forces there would be no balance or form as we understand it. A positive force could be me throwing a brick into the air. A negative force could be seen as gravity pulling it back down. Conversely, if mass makes gravity then void is the absence there of.

You seem to miss the concept here. What makes anything of that positive or negative and not merely, actions working in connection/opposition?

03-10-2015, 03:50 PM
(03-10-2015 03:48 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 03:44 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There is positive and negative in absolutely everything. It is observed in energy such as electrical circuits, wants vs needs, life and death, growth, decay, time space dilation vs the force that binds, orbits and gravity, light and dark, energy and void, matter and antimatter, dark matter and black holes. every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Literally everything is held in a balance. Without positive and negative forces there would be no balance or form as we understand it. A positive force could be me throwing a brick into the air. A negative force could be seen as gravity pulling it back down. Conversely, if mass makes gravity then void is the absence there of.

You seem to miss the concept here. What makes anything of that positive or negative and not merely, actions working in connection/opposition?
Opposition is the same as positive /negative as they are opposite too.
03-10-2015, 03:54 PM
(03-10-2015 03:50 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 03:48 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You seem to miss the concept here. What makes anything of that positive or negative and not merely, actions working in connection/opposition?
Opposition is the same as positive /negative as they are opposite too.

No it isn't. It's simply an observation to acknowledge the conflict exists, however, It's an assumption to grant that there is a positive/negative value to one or the other sides. How do you know which is the positive quality? You say Life/Death is positive negative. How do you know which is which?

03-10-2015, 03:56 PM
(03-10-2015 04:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  And you have been largely incoherent from day one.
If you mean duality as in mind is not an emergent property of brains, that it somehow distinct, then you have been wrong from day one.
No I'm talking about duality or the dualistic nature of everything in existence.

Not everything has a dual nature. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user