Population question for right wing libertarians...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Population question for right wing libertarians...
...what do you do when the homeless rate approaches 30% without a welfare system?
Note: left wing anarchists have this problem covered. (feel free to ask)

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2012, 01:57 AM
RE: Population question for right wing libertarians...
(17-04-2012 10:52 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  ...what do you do when the homeless rate approaches 30% without a welfare system?
Allow me to put on my libertarian hat. A-HEM. "They were free to succeed in society, now they're free to fail in society. If there's no voluntary charity for them to fall back on, then so be it."

What's the left wing anarchist solution by the way? Also, what is left wing anarchism?
Find all posts by this user
18-04-2012, 03:21 AM
right wing IS NOT libertarian
and left wing IS NOT anarchist.

Try again. You get three tries.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-04-2012, 04:56 AM
(18-04-2012 01:57 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 10:52 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  ...what do you do when the homeless rate approaches 30% without a welfare system?
Allow me to put on my libertarian hat. A-HEM. "They were free to succeed in society, now they're free to fail in society. If there's no voluntary charity for them to fall back on, then so be it."

What's the left wing anarchist solution by the way? Also, what is left wing anarchism?
Which is a bullshit.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
18-04-2012, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 05:53 AM by reverendjeremiah.)
(18-04-2012 01:57 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  

LOL, you just had your house ransacked for all its worth by a group of hungry people in the middle of the night.
Left wing anarchism (which I consider to be a redundant set of words) is what is known as the classical description of the singular "Anarchy". Anarchy is "without authority". Lack of authority means no fiat monetary system. No fiat monetary system means no ownership of land. This equates to common ownership of land and a much easier and freer market than we have in America today. If land is held in common then no one is homeless.
Recently the term "anarcho capitalism" has come into play. This is called right wing anarchism and quite frankly isnt anarchism at all. Anarchism is supposed to be opposed to all forms of authority (money, courts, property) but these so called "anarcho" capitalists still insist they are anarchists yet fully support concepts such as money, ownership of property, making profits at the expense of others, and courts to sort out the corporate (another form of authority) disagreements. Basically they are just capitalists who want the govt to get out of their way and let them do and sell whatever they want, but step in when their property is threatened by the masses.

(18-04-2012 03:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  and left wing IS NOT anarchist.

Try again. You get three tries.
Then you apparently do not understand the concept of anarchy and its inherent left wing slant.

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
18-04-2012, 07:49 AM
LOL so because no one would own property then technically you have no where to be homeless from. Or does renting count as having a home? Who do you rent from and how do you pay for it?

BTW libertarianism is not a right wing position.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
18-04-2012, 01:05 PM
(18-04-2012 07:49 AM)germanyt Wrote:  LOL so because no one would own property then technically you have no where to be homeless from. Or does renting count as having a home? Who do you rent from and how do you pay for it?

The typical response, over simplify and make a joke of it. Public housing would put millions to work and clear the streets of people screwed over by capitalism. Its obvious you have never been homeless since you would be so crude as to make a joke out of homelessness. Quite distastefull if you ask me.
Libertarianism, in america, is considered right wing, although there is also most definitely a left wing libertarianism as well. the difference is Ron Paul (if you can call him a libertarian, I think he's just another friggin Republican) on the right and Noam Chomsky on the left.

18-04-2012, 01:22 PM
(18-04-2012 05:48 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  "LOL, you just had your house ransacked for all its worth by a group of hungry people in the middle of the night."
*While wearing my libertarian hat, I put on my libertarian monocle* Ah, but here's the thing my good chap. The Libertarian only believes in government to protect property rights. However, if the Libertarian is further to the right, they believe that the use of force can be privatized and that the Libertarian would employ the services of a private security firm. In either case, the thieves would be punished.
(18-04-2012 05:48 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  "No fiat monetary system means no ownership of land. This equates to common ownership of land and a much easier and freer market than we have in America today. If land is held in common then no one is homeless."
Through what system is all the land owned? Government? How is the government chosen? Democracy, rule of the majority? If the government decides to take my house to utilize it for other purposes, I can't fight it - because the majority says so?

We have a handful of homes, and a large population. Many are homeless - how are those people not going to be homeless anymore? Build more homes? The government, authority, would have to declare total war and force all able body people to start building homes, while managing other industries to make sure we don't have shortages in other parts of the economy. What if people don't want to build houses or put to work picking up the slack in other industries? Prison?
18-04-2012, 01:39 PM
NOT AGAIN!! Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-04-2012, 01:50 PM
(18-04-2012 01:05 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  
(18-04-2012 07:49 AM)germanyt Wrote:  LOL so because no one would own property then technically you have no where to be homeless from. Or does renting count as having a home? Who do you rent from and how do you pay for it?

The typical response, over simplify and make a joke of it. Public housing would put millions to work and clear the streets of people screwed over by capitalism. Its obvious you have never been homeless since you would be so crude as to make a joke out of homelessness. Quite distastefull if you ask me.
Libertarianism, in america, is considered right wing, although there is also most definitely a left wing libertarianism as well. the difference is Ron Paul (if you can call him a libertarian, I think he's just another friggin Republican) on the right and Noam Chomsky on the left.
WAT? I want you to explain to me why you think a libertarian society would have 30% homelessness in the first place. What brings you to this conclusion?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post