Pork + coke = worms.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Pork + coke = worms.
Ages ago I saw a video where coca cola was poured onto pork which resulted in some small white worms emerging.

Today it was brought up in conversation with a friend and I went back onto youtube and I stumble across this video...

So whats the score? Is it true? Is it just a hoax? Is it only certain meat (maybe unfresh meat that has been left out for x amount of time) or what?

If it is true then what reaction does the coke caus? Whats going on there?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2016, 01:30 PM
RE: Pork + coke = worms.
Quick Google search says it's a myth.

I say it's vegetarian propaganda! Smile

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
14-02-2016, 01:33 PM
(14-02-2016 01:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Quick Google search says it's a myth.

Yeah I think that and have done the same google search. It just looks like the video I posted (of which there are numerous others on youtube) looks to have sensible looking people in, maybe from a hospital or a vetinary surgery or something. Could be set up that way to make it look more legitimate but I thought id get feedback and ask some sensible and more intelligent people than myself and google (meaning this community)

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
14-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Yes it's true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichinosis

Trichinosis, trichinellosis or trichiniasis is a parasitic disease caused by roundworms of the genus Trichinella. Several subspecies cause human disease, but T. spiralis is the most known.[1] Infection may occur without symptoms,[1] while intestinal invasion can cause diarrhea, abdominal pain or vomiting.[1] Larval migration into muscle tissue (one week after being infected) can cause edema of the face or around the eyes, conjunctivitis, fever, muscle pains, splinter hemorrhages, rashes, and peripheral eosinophilia.[1] Life-threatening cases can result in myocarditis, central nervous system involvement, and pneumonitis.[1] Larval encystment in the muscles causes pain and weakness, followed by slow progression of symptoms.[1]

Trichinosis is mainly caused by eating undercooked meat containing encysted larval Trichinella.[1] In the stomach the larvae are exposed to stomach acid and pepsin which releases them from their cysts. They then start invading the wall of the small intestine, where they develop into adult worms.[1] Females are 2.2 mm in length; males 1.2 mm.[1] The life span in the small intestine is about four weeks.[1] After 1 week, the females release more larvae that migrate to voluntarily controlled muscles where they encyst.[1] Diagnosis is usually made based on symptoms, and is confirmed by serology or by finding encysted or non-encysted larvae in biopsy or autopsy samples.[1]

The best way to prevent trichinellosis is to cook meat to safe temperatures.[2] Using food thermometers can make sure the temperature inside the meat is high enough to kill the parasites.[2] The meat should not be tasted until it is completely cooked.[2] Once infection has been verified treatment with antiparasitic drugs such as albendazole or mebendazole should be started at once.[3] A fast response may help kill adult worms and thereby stop further release of larvae.[3] Once the larvae have established in muscle cells, usually by 3 to 4 weeks after infection, treatment may not completely get rid of the infection or symptoms.[3] Both drugs are considered safe but have been associated with side effects such as bone marrow suppression.[3] Patients on longer courses should be monitored though regular blood counts to detect adverse effects quickly and then discontinue treatment.[3] Both medicines should be treated with caution during pregnancy or children under the age of 2 years, but the WHO weighs the benefits of treatment higher than the risks.[3] In addition to antiparasitic medication, treatment with steroids is sometimes required in severe cases.[3]

Trichinosis can be acquired by eating both domestic and wild animals, but is not soil-transmitted.

It's important to cook meat appropriately.

http://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/mintemp.html

Safe Minimum Cooking Temperatures

Use this chart and a food thermometer to ensure that meat, poultry, seafood, and other cooked foods reach a safe minimum internal temperature.

Remember, you can’t tell whether meat is safely cooked by looking at it. Any cooked, uncured red meats – including pork – can be pink, even when the meat has reached a safe internal temperature.

Why the Rest Time is Important

After you remove meat from a grill, oven, or other heat source, allow it to rest for the specified amount of time. During the rest time, its temperature remains constant or continues to rise, which destroys harmful germs.

Category -Food

"Temperature (°F) / Rest Time"

Ground Meat & Meat Mixtures
Beef, Pork, Veal, Lamb 160 / None
Turkey, Chicken 165 / None

Fresh Beef, Veal, Lamb
Steaks, roasts, chops 145 / 3 minutes

Poultry
Chicken & Turkey, whole 165 /None
Poultry breasts, roasts 165 / None
Poultry thighs, legs, wings 165 /None
Duck & Goose 165 /None
Stuffing (cooked alone or in bird) 165 / None

Pork and Ham
Fresh pork 145 /3 minutes
Fresh ham (raw) 145 / 3 minutes
Precooked ham (to reheat) 140 /None

Eggs & Egg Dishes
Eggs Cook until yolk and white are firm / None
Egg dishes 160 / None

Leftovers & Casseroles
Leftovers 165 / None
Casseroles 165 / None

Seafood
Fin Fish cook until flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork. 145 /None
Shrimp, lobster, and crabs Cook until flesh is pearly and opaque. / None
Clams, oysters, and mussels Cook until shells open during cooking. / None
Scallops Cook until flesh is milky white or opaque and firm. / None

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
14-02-2016, 04:01 PM
(14-02-2016 01:20 PM)bemore Wrote:  Ages ago I saw a video where coca cola was poured onto pork which resulted in some small white worms emerging.

Today it was brought up in conversation with a friend and I went back onto youtube and I stumble across this video...

So whats the score? Is it true? Is it just a hoax? Is it only certain meat (maybe unfresh meat that has been left out for x amount of time) or what?

If it is true then what reaction does the coke caus? Whats going on there?

Why are videos like this so incompetently done? That video is useless as evidence of anything.
[+] 3 users Like Rik's post
14-02-2016, 04:28 PM
(14-02-2016 01:33 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 01:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Quick Google search says it's a myth.

Yeah I think that and have done the same google search. It just looks like the video I posted (of which there are numerous others on youtube) looks to have sensible looking people in, maybe from a hospital or a vetinary surgery or something. Could be set up that way to make it look more legitimate but I thought id get feedback and ask some sensible and more intelligent people than myself and google (meaning this community)

Snopes calls bullshit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-02-2016, 10:54 PM
(14-02-2016 04:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-02-2016 01:33 PM)bemore Wrote:  Yeah I think that and have done the same google search. It just looks like the video I posted (of which there are numerous others on youtube) looks to have sensible looking people in, maybe from a hospital or a vetinary surgery or something. Could be set up that way to make it look more legitimate but I thought id get feedback and ask some sensible and more intelligent people than myself and google (meaning this community)

Snopes calls bullshit.

Yes, the vid is BS but Trichinosis is not. My link and info are accurate. It just isn't relative to the vid.

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
15-02-2016, 06:25 AM
Could be true, I have a Muslim friend who is convinced eating pork is how you catch gay!!
[+] 1 user Likes Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
15-02-2016, 10:15 AM
(15-02-2016 06:25 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  Could be true, I have a Muslim friend who is convinced eating pork is how you catch gay!!

It depends. Is your friend a dude, and is that bacon wrapped around another dude's dick? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-02-2016, 10:36 AM
(15-02-2016 10:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-02-2016 06:25 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  Could be true, I have a Muslim friend who is convinced eating pork is how you catch gay!!

It depends. Is your friend a dude, and is that bacon wrapped around another dude's dick? Consider

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
mmmmm.... bacon weenie..... Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post