Positive attitude

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 04:20 AM by Vosur.)
Positive attitude
The human mind can hold only one thought at a time prominently, since there is nothing to be gained .
Everything in our Universe is made up of Energy and it is the Law of Attraction that brings it all together, this explains why atoms are attracted to some atoms and repelled by others. Everything is energy in motion. If one accepts this premise then: nothing is fixed, there are no limitations, and everything is vibrating Energy.
So therefore everything in the universe is vibrational energy: be it all inanimate objects, including our physical body, and also our thoughts, desires, experiences, and so on. Vibrations are all around us, they are in us, they affect everything we do, and in turn they are everything we do. And since nothing is fixed and everything is in a state of potential, then it follow.
Link removed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 05:01 AM
RE: Positive attitude

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-11-2014, 07:04 AM
(05-11-2014 04:03 AM)caldrouin Wrote:  The human mind can hold only one thought at a time prominently,

Speak for yourself Drinking Beverage

Quote: since there is nothing to be gained .

No idea what that means

Quote:Everything in our Universe is made up of Energy and it is the Law of Attraction that brings it all together, this explains why atoms are attracted to some atoms and repelled by others.

Please define the "Law of Attraction"; citations needed.

Quote:Everything is energy in motion.

If matter is included in this use of energy then maybe...

Quote:If one accepts this premise then: nothing is fixed, there are no limitations, and everything is vibrating Energy.

"there are no limitations" is a non-sequitor; you can have things in motion within limits. How did we get from "in motion" to "vibrating"? Doesn't that place a limit on the type of motion involved?

Quote:So therefore everything in the universe is vibrational energy: be it all inanimate objects, including our physical body, and also our thoughts, desires, experiences, and so on. Vibrations are all around us, they are in us, they affect everything we do, and in turn they are everything we do. And since nothing is fixed and everything is in a state of potential, then it follow.

Thoughts are not vibrations. I have no clue how to parse "vibrations are everything we do". How did we get from vibrational energy to a state of potential? Then what follow?

Funny, you don't look woo-ish.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
05-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Re: Positive attitude
The Law of Attraction, aka "The Secret," is based on earlier religious books by Wallace Wattles. The new version States that the Universe hears your thoughts and makes them reality.

Ergo, your thoughts alter reality to suit you.

Meaning... If you get sick, it's your thoughts. If it rains, you were thinking about it.

So if two Law of Attraction believers think & visualize opposing things, whose reality wins?
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
05-11-2014, 10:46 AM

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
05-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Vibrations are only all around us until the batteries run out.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
05-11-2014, 10:53 AM
(05-11-2014 04:03 AM)caldrouin Wrote:  The human mind can hold only one thought at a time prominently, since there is nothing to be gained .
Everything in our Universe is made up of Energy and it is the Law of Attraction that brings it all together, this explains why atoms are attracted to some atoms and repelled by others. Everything is energy in motion. If one accepts this premise then: nothing is fixed, there are no limitations, and everything is vibrating Energy.
So therefore everything in the universe is vibrational energy: be it all inanimate objects, including our physical body, and also our thoughts, desires, experiences, and so on. Vibrations are all around us, they are in us, they affect everything we do, and in turn they are everything we do. And since nothing is fixed and everything is in a state of potential, then it follow.
Link removed.

I'm trying to understand where "Positive attitude" fits in?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
05-11-2014, 11:04 AM
(05-11-2014 04:03 AM)caldrouin Wrote:  The human mind can hold only one thought at a time prominently, since there is nothing to be gained .
Link removed.

That's woo. You are not thinking rationally, just engaging in wishful thinking.
05-11-2014, 03:09 PM
(05-11-2014 10:47 AM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  Vibrations are only all around us until the batteries run out.

This seems to be in direct contradiction to Buddhist teaching...

... where the vibrations come from within.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Ha ha. I follow this FB group and it makes me laugh all the time. So positive! Thumbsup