Positive reactions to atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Positive reactions to atheism
I would like to collect a little. There are enough reports how negative people reacted to coming outs and so on...

Now let'S collect the good reactions!

How, in a positive manner, people reacted to your atheism.

Here my first and recent experience.

I was at work, breaktime, I am browsing this forum.
Teamlead comes over to ask something, sees the header of the forum and reads:
"The thinking atheist"
*thinks*
"brilliant!"

I liked her before, now I like her more Big Grin

Now you guys

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
24-07-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: Positive reactions to atheism
Years ago when I built my house I hired a landscaper to help design the garden. He did a smashing job and still comes by one day in the spring and one in the fall to deal with the irrigation system and do some general plant care like pruning and fertilizing etc. Everything always looks twice as good when he's been here.

So one day he is out there fussing over a plant and I ask: "so do you talk to the plants?" He mutters something under his breath. I say "what's that?" He says: "that does no good, I might as well talk to god".

Turns out he is an atheist and we have had many great conversations since. We decided that the odds of a plant responding to being talked to are a lot better than god responding. After all, plants are real and they do respond to many things in their environment. Not that we took to talking to plants, lol.

You never know when you run into a fellow freethinker. We knew each other for years and atheism just never came up.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
29-07-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: Positive reactions to atheism
If I had his job I'd probably keep it under wraps, admittedly, since I wouldn't want my business hurt by people yelling "HEATHEN" at me and accusing me of pagan religions which influence plants with witchcraft or something.

-summum ius, summa iniuria.-M. T. Cicero
-I will show you fear in a handful of dust.-T.S. Eliot
-
ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα

Find all posts by this user