Possibility of contraception restrictions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: Possibility of contraception restrictions?
Birth control for women is not just helpful to women sex life its also useful for men sex life. If we agree that having consensual sexual intercourse is part of a healthy love life as well as part of a person psychological well being, then medication that help someone have more or less regular consensual sexual intercourse is good for the health of a population. Birth control allow men and women to have consensual sexual intercourse without the risk of pregnancy. No, men do not benefit from seeing their partner becoming regularly pregnant as a consequences of their sexual life. Saying that paying for birth control for women is providing a services ONLY to women is false since it does have an important impact on men's sexual, financial and family life. The same goes for medication against erectile disfunction. The health advantages of this medication also affect women positively. Since a healthy sexual life is part of the general well being of adult persons, its important to favorise it.

On the other side, pregnancy affecting negatively financially and physically women significantly more than men, its that much more important for women to dispose of effective birth control methods on which they have control since they suffer more directly and importantly of the consequences of poor birth control. Birth control pills are much more costly (without insurrence) with an average price of $40 per months and need to be taken regularly to remain effective no matter your level of sexual activity. Men condoms are on average twice less pricey ($16 for 24 condoms of a generic brand) and one can adjust its consomation of condoms based on his current level of sexual activity. While insurrence coverage for condoms would be useful considering it can be used to stem the spread of STDs, equivocating the two is a bit faulty since it wrongfully assume that the consequences of pregnancy are evenly distributed between men and women, that the two methods of contraception are similar, that their cost is similar and that they have the same level of modularity. In an ideal world both condoms, erectile disfunction medication and birth control pills should be convered by health insurrance. In my opinion, if some have to be priorised, birth control pills should come first since they affect the largest number of people, than erectile disfunction medication and finally condoms.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
13-11-2016, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 04:44 PM by cactus.)
(13-11-2016 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 04:06 PM)julep Wrote:  I think it's likely that the morning-after pill, IUDs, and all hormonal birth control are at risk under the coming administration.

They don't realize they will never control the series of tubes.

Nah, I'm good. I'll just look up instructions on how to perform mastectomies at home. Come on in, ladies; I charge for my services by the hour, so I promise I'll do it quickitty-snip Smile
That's how you do it, right, you cut off the breasticles? man, I'm gonna be so good at this you guys.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
13-11-2016, 04:49 PM
(13-11-2016 04:41 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  They don't realize they will never control the series of tubes.

Nah, I'm good. I'll just look up instructions on how to perform mastectomies at home. Come on in, ladies; I charge for my services by the hour, so I promise I'll do it quickitty-snip Smile
That's how you do it, right, you cut off the breasticles? man, I'm gonna be so good at this you guys.

The underground market should be much safer this time around. And see it creates jobs!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-11-2016, 05:32 PM
(13-11-2016 04:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Nobody HAS to have sex...........

But, they're probably going to.

So, just think of tax payer funded birth control - as heading off an unwanted child on welfare.........................

Everybody wins.....................

There's never been a time in human history in which people stopped having sex. Even when gonorrhea was untreatable. People have continued to have sex when they couldn't afford another mouth to feed and under extreme poverty.

Life for women before affordable, dependable birth control was entirely different. It was a different world. It's one of the greatest advancements in human history. I'd compare it to the invention of the combustion engine, space travel and the computer. To have it covered by insurance is more than just nice.......it's one of the great hallmarks of civilization.

LDH, you're too young to know what life was like before the average woman could get access to affordable birth control. It isn't a world you'd want to live in, I guarantee.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-11-2016, 06:10 PM
(13-11-2016 02:44 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I fail to understand how people don't get that birth control medication for women isn't merely a solution to avoid pregnancy.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

What does birth control mean to you if it isn't a solution to avoid pregnancy?
13-11-2016, 06:12 PM
(13-11-2016 04:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 04:41 PM)cactus Wrote:  Nah, I'm good. I'll just look up instructions on how to perform mastectomies at home. Come on in, ladies; I charge for my services by the hour, so I promise I'll do it quickitty-snip Smile

The underground market should be much safer this time around. And see it creates jobs!

I am offering free mammograms and serious examinations of same in my bedroom.
13-11-2016, 06:37 PM
(13-11-2016 01:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great, and while you're at it, stop covering prescriptions for ED for you old men, which are MORE often prescribed, AND COVERED in multiple forms, than ANY BC medication.

This pisses me off more than I can even put into words adequately.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
13-11-2016, 07:26 PM
(13-11-2016 06:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 01:02 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great, and while you're at it, stop covering prescriptions for ED for you old men, which are MORE often prescribed, AND COVERED in multiple forms, than ANY BC medication.

This pisses me off more than I can even put into words adequately.

What words are there for this blind, regressive, patriarchal, misogynistic, repressive, controlling, anti-human rights, abusive, bigoted, xenophobic attitude?

I'm utterly at a loss for words. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
13-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Local news is already reporting a shortage of IUD's as women are in fear of losing other, shorter duration methods.
13-11-2016, 07:35 PM
It will be interesting to see if male hormonal birth control gets even half as much pushback when they finally finish all of these trials and release it.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 2 users Like Ohio Sky's post