Possibility of moving to the US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2015, 09:53 AM
RE: Possibility of moving to the US
Avoid Dumbfuckistan and stay in the USA.

[Image: dumbfuckistan.jpeg?w=750]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
10-02-2015, 10:58 AM
(10-02-2015 09:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 08:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  [Citation required]

Opinions are self generated citation.

And - having lived in Anchorage and on Kodiak in the late 70's and early 80's -- -I'd recommend it if you like to

A. Hunt or fish.
B. Drink to excess......

Smile

"Alaska! Where you can never be too fat or too drunk"
(Homer Simpson)

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
10-02-2015, 11:57 AM
I've never been drunk before, and I still love Alaska Tongue

'Murican Canadian
10-02-2015, 11:59 AM
(10-02-2015 11:57 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've never been drunk before, and I still love Alaska Tongue
Ahhhh...

so you're THAT guy......

I thought you sounded familiar.... Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-02-2015, 12:32 PM
(10-02-2015 11:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 11:57 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I've never been drunk before, and I still love Alaska Tongue
Ahhhh...

so you're THAT guy......

I thought you sounded familiar.... Wink

In whatever context you're referring to, I'm definitely that guy lol.

'Murican Canadian
10-02-2015, 03:38 PM
(10-02-2015 09:10 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 08:27 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  My recommendation is not doing it. If you must I recommend the Pacific Northwest. Lots of beautiful sights and mild climate.

Why would you recommend against it?

It's hard to come up with negatives regarding the Pacific Northwest. We don't have massive snow storms, nor hurricanes, nor tornadoes, or gynormous floods. The summers are heaven on Earth. Truly! We don't have those muggy summers that make you feel as if you want to crawl into a refrigerator and die. We have stunningly beautiful mountains which are visible from the city I live in, Portland, Oregon.

[Image: 96651-004-ACBB23D4.jpg]

Portland is accepting of oddball people. We have amazing restaurants and, get this, we have a light rail system that goes to most parts of the city. Actually, there are quite a few Brits living here. I hear a British accent from time to time so they must like Portland.

But one thing we don't have too much of is a bunch of nutty religious people. Yeah, there are some but not like in the Southern parts of the US. I simply couldn't live in the South for that very reason. I would go stark raving mad.

Within an hours drive you can be in the high desert too.

[Image: Fort_Rock_(Lake_County,_Oregon_scenic_im...A0077).jpg]

We also have a huge river that goes through the city. Every worthwhile city should have a river going through it. This makes a city look so much nicer because of the bridges and the reflective nature of water.

We also have the smallest city park in the world. Gotta love that!

[Image: smallest_park_in_the_world_02.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-02-2015, 04:02 PM
(10-02-2015 03:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:10 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Why would you recommend against it?

It's hard to come up with negatives regarding the Pacific Northwest. We don't have massive snow storms, nor hurricanes, nor tornadoes, or gynormous floods. The summers are heaven on Earth. Truly! We don't have those muggy summers that make you feel as if you want to crawl into a refrigerator and die. We have stunningly beautiful mountains which are visible from the city I live in, Portland, Oregon.

Portland is accepting of oddball people. We have amazing restaurants and, get this, we have a light rail system that goes to most parts of the city. Actually, there are quite a few Brits living here. I hear a British accent from time to time so they must like Portland.

But one thing we don't have too much of is a bunch of nutty religious people. Yeah, there are some but not like in the Southern parts of the US. I simply couldn't live in the South for that very reason. I would go stark raving mad.

We also have a huge river that goes through the city. Every worthwhile city should have a river going through it. This makes a city look so much nicer because of the bridges and the reflective nature of water.

Did you take those photos? It looks and sounds beautiful.

Are you insinuating that I'm an oddball? Bastard.

I am.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
10-02-2015, 04:12 PM
One thing about Seattle that I really liked.

You can leave the windows open at night with the lights on during the summer -- and no window screens -- and nothing happens.

If you did that here in here in Michigan the mosquitoes, gnats, black flies and midges would suck you dry in 15 minutes.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
10-02-2015, 04:18 PM
(10-02-2015 03:38 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:10 AM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  Why would you recommend against it?

Let's be roomies Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-02-2015, 07:44 PM
(10-02-2015 09:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Hey -- if you're looking for a cheap place to live --- Detroit is a possibility.....

Providing you don't mind living in a place that looks a lot like post WWII Berlin - with worse roads and crappy weather.

Oh -- and extra crime. Drive by shootings are the local sport.......

Big Grin

I'm thinking about retiring there. I'm gonna make a killing in real estate once I gentrify that shit.

#sigh