Possible Haunting in Ambassador's Residence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2017, 04:48 PM
RE: Possible Haunting in Ambassador's Residence
Fake news.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2017, 04:49 PM
(26-08-2017 10:16 AM)abaris Wrote:  No ghost has intrdoced themselves to me. So, until that happens, I don't believe in ghosts.

I wouldn't put it like that. If you end up with a brain injury or defect or illness you can certainly "see" things that are not there, and drugs can do that to you too.

Same can be said for "death bed conversions". Flew was taken advantage of in mental decline. Hitchens prior to getting cancer had long said if he was in mental decline not to take anything he said seriously because that would not be him in his healthy lucid state.

Having watched my mom decline being doped up on morphine in her decline your brain in a non lucid state can cause you to have hallucinations. Hospice warned me that that would happen.

So in reality with "ghosts"....

1. Someone heard a natural sound but didn't understand what it was.

2. The claimant has a brain defect and is hallucinating.

3. Or they are flat out lying to get attention.

It is also perfectly possible for humans to have delusions in a waking state too.

When I was a kid, 3 times I "saw" relatives standing at the end of my bed. My dead grandmother, my dead father, and my then living mother. That was nothing more than my open eyes mixing with my dream state. Back then I also had that "outer body" experience though I wasn't dying. All of those things were merely my lack of understanding of how easily our own brains can misfire and fool us.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2017, 04:54 PM
(26-08-2017 04:35 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  So the fuck what, there is no such thing as ghosts. Humans have been claiming them forever with the same amount of scientifically tested and falsified and independent peer reviewed conformation. NONE!

Humans believe all shorts of bullshit like vampires, Area 51, crop circles, big foot, JFK and 9/11 conspiracies.

BBC must have been having a slow news day.

I eschew most conspiracy theories but JFK's got me feeling uneasy. Even my History textbook said that he was "probably" killed by Lee Harvey Oswald. Let me repeat that. My history textbook said JFK was probably killed by Lee Harvey Oswald.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
27-08-2017, 10:29 PM
It's obviously an orgy going on in a secret room. No one invited him, or mentioned the location of the room to him.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
28-08-2017, 12:42 AM
(26-08-2017 04:35 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  So the fuck what, there is no such thing as ghosts.

Brian, calm down mate.

Are you okay?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-08-2017, 05:18 AM
(26-08-2017 07:47 AM)TSG Wrote:  ..Do any of you actually believe in ghosts? Funnily enough, I don't.
I've never seen one but I had a spooky experience some years ago when I was up in my room and I heard the family arrive back from a shopping trip in town, but when I went down to greet them (and to see what goodies they'd bought me) there was nobody there!
I found out later that it's a phenomena called "False Arival" and is fairly common.
28-08-2017, 05:37 AM
Why are they always old ghosts?
How come nobody sees some ghost with an IPhone checking his twitter account?
And why are they always identified as some romantic character thing like a soldier or royalty?
I call bullshit.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
28-08-2017, 05:40 AM
Obligatory YouTube video is obligatory.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-08-2017, 05:58 AM
"Possible..." You're using that word wrong. Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2017, 06:09 AM
(26-08-2017 07:47 AM)TSG Wrote:  Is Canada's Official Residence in Ireland Haunted?

So the BBC is reporting that the Canadian ambassador to Ireland is hearing spooky sounds in his official residence -- moans and groans, movements and crashes. He hadn't believed in ghosts until recently, and as a history buff he suspects that the source of the sounds is an Irish revolutionary executed in 1916.

More importantly, though, the BBC thinks this story is important enough to give the time of day. Undecided

Do any of you actually believe in ghosts? Funnily enough, I don't.
Unless you subscribe to the playback / recording theory for the existence of ghosts then if you believe in ghosts you believe in the continued existence of the personality post mortem which is pretty much impossible and while this doesn't necessarily make you a theist it does make you irrational and lacking critical and logical thinking which makes you a cherry picking and prettyc
crappy atheist. So no I do not believe in ghosts, that's my two cents on this.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post