Possible anti-aging drug discovered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: Possible anti-aging drug discovered
(23-03-2017 08:04 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-03-2017 06:14 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Thought you all might find this interesting. Found it on freerepublic.com. I like to go there because a lot of science articles get posted there. Seems some scientists have discovered a drug that reverses aging or at least does so in mice. Developed in order to give Astronauts protection from DNA damage from radiation on long missions such as to Mars. According to the article in the Daily Mail, it may be in Human trials within 6 months. If it is true it will be wonderful but also mean we'll probably need to find a new planet to move all the excess people to. Good problem to have I guess.

I'm going to link both to the freerepublic post in case anyone wishes to read all the comments by the religious nuts over there. I'll also give the direct link to the article for those who want to avoid the comments of all the religious nuts over there.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3537536/posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...onths.html

I use to frequent this site but don't go there much any more because it is dripping with anti-science comments from the lost ones that frequent that site.

I used to frequent that site, but it is intolerable to me now, they used to have protected threads for the various religious nuts over there, I don't even know what they're doing now, the whole site is a religious forum with right-wing politics as a focus.

If life extension is being part of the army of Satan, sign me up. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2017, 08:13 PM
(23-03-2017 06:14 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Thought you all might find this interesting. Found it on freerepublic.com. I like to go there because a lot of science articles get posted there. Seems some scientists have discovered a drug that reverses aging or at least does so in mice. Developed in order to give Astronauts protection from DNA damage from radiation on long missions such as to Mars. According to the article in the Daily Mail, it may be in Human trials within 6 months. If it is true it will be wonderful but also mean we'll probably need to find a new planet to move all the excess people to. Good problem to have I guess.

I'm going to link both to the freerepublic post in case anyone wishes to read all the comments by the religious nuts over there. I'll also give the direct link to the article for those who want to avoid the comments of all the religious nuts over there.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3537536/posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...onths.html

I use to frequent this site but don't go there much any more because it is dripping with anti-science comments from the lost ones that frequent that site.

I used to frequent that site, but it is intolerable to me now, they used to have protected threads for the various religious nuts over there, I don't even know what they're doing now, the whole site is a religious forum with right-wing politics as a focus.

Yes their religious forum section has special rules. They can go onto any science thread they want to and criticize but if you go on the religious section, watch out. That's what happened to me. They had a thread attacking atheists and I went to defend myself from their charges and I got a warning that they didn't need my "atheist bilge" filling up the thread. I told them to just delete my account. pussies.

They supposedly have an all knowing debate partner on their side and yet they can not handle one little atheist. Pussies times ten.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
23-03-2017, 08:26 PM
(23-03-2017 08:06 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  

If life extension is being part of the army of Satan, sign me up. Facepalm

One great thing about it though is that there are members all over the world and when anything big happens anywhere it is on there in minutes. I had a tab open when the big earthquake happened in Japan in 2011 and a guy in Tokyo posted that he had just been shaken out of bed by a huge earthquake. I was up all night reading that thread. There was video up within about ten minutes.

A few years ago there was a loud noise in the kitchen like a big bird had hit the window. It woke me up. I got on there a few minutes later and sure enough there was a report of 4.2 near Raton NM which is about 70 miles south of us.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick