Possible attack in France 'Many dead' as lorry hits crowd in Nice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: Possible attack in France 'Many dead' as lorry hits crowd in Nice
https://facebook.com/HCBaseballclub/phot...767025654/

The bigger picture rarely phases me. I'll be perfectly honest, I felt nothing when the original story surfaced. I rarely do. Just another day, another bunch of random people dead. It's been like this for tens of thousands of years or more. I accept it, and even embrace it to a degree. We live in a world defined by violence, always have, and probably always will. Why focus on getting all distraught over it? Learn to dance in the rain, like they say. I guess my ability to empathize is somewhat limited, for whatever reason. It's when the individual stories start to come out, particularly when kids are evolved. That's what gets me.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2016, 10:15 AM
^Yeah, people are more upset about it this time because it happened in France, as opposed to some third world country? My mind just doesn't work that way. Mass violence on this scale happens every week, and I feel the same about it every time I hear about it; sad, but ultimately a bit detached, because I know there's nothing I can do to prevent it from continuing.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
15-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Voltaire (a Frenchman) hit the nail on the head when he said:

"Those who can make you believe in absurdities can also make you commit atrocities".

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 9 users Like Silly Deity's post
15-07-2016, 01:54 PM
...aaaaand the driver's name was Mohamed... of course it fucking was... great... yeah whatever Dodgy
*logs off of Facebook for the rest of the day*

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
15-07-2016, 02:11 PM
(15-07-2016 01:54 PM)cactus Wrote:  ...aaaaand the driver's name was Mohamed... of course it fucking was... great... yeah whatever Dodgy
*logs off of Facebook for the rest of the day*

These things could be avoided if their parents would just pick nice Christian names.

'Murican Canadian
18-07-2016, 05:07 PM
(14-07-2016 04:50 PM)Marozz Wrote:  
(14-07-2016 04:47 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Did the driver just run people over?

Looks like he did, at speed along the promenade. Place was packed for Bastille day celebrations.

Many people think that we are feasting Bastille day but in reality we are feasting the first feast of the federation (French : Fête de la Fédération).
The majority of French believe that we must to feast Bastille day but they are wrong because officially this national holiday is about the first feast of the federation.

Article in English on Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%AAte_...3%A9ration
French version : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%AAte_...3%A9ration
[+] 1 user Likes viocjit's post