Possible explanations to MIRACLES that have happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Possible explanations to MIRACLES that have happened
hey guys!

I just wanted to ask what do you think about the so-called "miracles" that had happened. you see, we were once a member of a christian church very famous because of numerous miracles that had happened like, the dead were alive again, the demon-possessed healed, the sickly who were almost dying INSTANTLY healed. we were a witness of all these and these were reasons why my parents have very strong faith about this god. but now that i'm an atheist, i want to know possible explanations of these things so if ever they come up in a conversation, i have answers. i'm a newly deconverted. so i hope you guys can help me.

in addition, my parents said it happened to me before that i died. they knew i was dead at home because i was no longer breathing and i was pale already. for a few minutes though. it was because of severe tonsillitis and in that church we used to attend, we were not allowed to take medicine or see the doctor so they said it was the cause. i really don't know how true but they say they were convinced that i died.

another thing, my mother before was in the hospital dying. it was around 1990's and she left hospital signing a waiver because the doctors wouldn't let her leave. she had a kidney disease. she went to that same church on wheelchair and very weak. she explained that while the church service was on going, she felt really cold wind enter her body and after that, she could stand, she could jump dance and shout!

we've been a witness of so many miracles like so. what do you think is the explanation for all this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 12:25 AM
RE: Possible explanations to MIRACLES that have happened
(04-04-2013 12:17 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  hey guys!

I just wanted to ask what do you think about the so-called "miracles" that had happened. you see, we were once a member of a christian church very famous because of numerous miracles that had happened like, the dead were alive again, the demon-possessed healed, the sickly who were almost dying INSTANTLY healed. we were a witness of all these and these were reasons why my parents have very strong faith about this god. but now that i'm an atheist, i want to know possible explanations of these things so if ever they come up in a conversation, i have answers. i'm a newly deconverted. so i hope you guys can help me.

in addition, my parents said it happened to me before that i died. they knew i was dead at home because i was no longer breathing and i was pale already. for a few minutes though. it was because of severe tonsillitis and in that church we used to attend, we were not allowed to take medicine or see the doctor so they said it was the cause. i really don't know how true but they say they were convinced that i died.

another thing, my mother before was in the hospital dying. it was around 1990's and she left hospital signing a waiver because the doctors wouldn't let her leave. she had a kidney disease. she went to that same church on wheelchair and very weak. she explained that while the church service was on going, she felt really cold wind enter her body and after that, she could stand, she could jump dance and shout!

we've been a witness of so many miracles like so. what do you think is the explanation for all this?

T cells and adrenaline.
[+] 2 users Like Heywood Jahblome's post
04-04-2013, 12:45 AM
You were dead once and resurrected on the third minute, the third ten-minute or whatsoever.

So maybe you are more eligible to tell us whether any divine power intervened or not according to your experience.

Curious.

Smile

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
04-04-2013, 12:52 AM
(04-04-2013 12:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 12:17 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  hey guys!

T cells and adrenaline.

how do they work?
04-04-2013, 12:57 AM
(04-04-2013 12:45 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  You were dead once and resurrected on the third minute, the third ten-minute or whatsoever.

So maybe you are more eligible to tell us whether any divine power intervened or not according to your experience.

Curious.

Smile

OH MY! you're right. that made me pause for moment. if i really died, hmmm.. nothing. i cant recall anything. i do remember a moment though when i felt really weak and everything was getting dark. i think that was the "dying" moment. i think i was 5 years old during that time. but i don't remember anything after that moment. even when i woke up. nothing.

but damn. it's really hard for me to believe this. even though it happened to me. is it really possible to die for a few minutes then live again?
04-04-2013, 01:24 AM
(04-04-2013 12:57 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 12:45 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  You were dead once and resurrected on the third minute, the third ten-minute or whatsoever.

Curious.

Smile

OH MY! you're right. that made me pause for moment. if i really died, hmmm.. nothing. i cant recall anything. i do remember a moment though when i felt really weak and everything was getting dark. i think that was the "dying" moment. i think i was 5 years old during that time. but i don't remember anything after that moment. even when i woke up. nothing.

but damn. it's really hard for me to believe this. even though it happened to me. is it really possible to die for a few minutes then live again?

No. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
04-04-2013, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 02:37 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(04-04-2013 12:57 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  

Curious.

Smile

So you can ask yourself why, if there was a deity, he resurrected the dead you, clearly as a miracle to everyone else around, yet still refused to talk to you directly.

You have two choices:

(1) become an atheist and acknowledge that this was just an interesting example of how human body functions.

(2) you were in serious trouble with your god. This was quite UNLIKE your predecessor, Jesus.

Which one do you prefer?

Want something? Then do something.
04-04-2013, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:32 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 1 user Likes Doctor X's post
04-04-2013, 04:09 AM
I've dabbled in that shit being a prophet and all, and discovered that electromagnetic communication may be the culprit. Big Grin

Besides, what's the point of being conscious if not for telling the body to knock it off, and be well?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Your "dying" experience sounds like a faint to me, rather than death. Also, it is possible to "die" and come back; it's called CPR.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post