Possible intervention

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 12:34 AM
Possible intervention
So yesterday I decided to retweet a something from @ThinkAtheist and immediately got unfollowed by my sister soon after by bunch of friends.
this morning as soon as I leave work my mom texts me

[Image: Screenshot_2015-11-14-08-16-04-1_zpstkqnkdds.jpg]

So basically saying my dad needs to talk to me immediately. My parents know I work night shift, they won't just make me go for something small.
I told her I just got off from work, I been working all night and am very tired, I'm going home sleep for few hours and then I will come by.

I don't know how to handle this situation, I'm frustrated. I know if I tell them the truth it will hurt them and I do not wanna do that to them. I don't even know why I'm posting this, right now I'm too tired to think clearly. I guess I'll just see what happens today. Wish me luck...

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
14-11-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Possible intervention
Luck. :/

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-11-2015, 12:57 AM
Hug

Sad

Wishing you the best.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
14-11-2015, 01:02 AM
they are your parents so you know best how to talk this over with them, so all I can do is wish you luck

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 2 users Like Aoi Magi's post
14-11-2015, 01:05 AM
Good luck Hug
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-11-2015, 01:10 AM
(14-11-2015 01:02 AM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  they are your parents so you know best how to talk this over with them, so all I can do is wish you luck

I agree. I also think it'd be best to sleep on it because like you said you are so tired now. I think it's always best to figure out a way to handle a situation when you've had a little rest and separate yourself a little bit from the initial event. Like Aoi said, you know your parents and I am sure you will figure out the best way to handle it with them while being true to yourself.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
14-11-2015, 01:10 AM
*Big hug*

Good luck.
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
14-11-2015, 05:31 AM
There are a few options depending on whether the summons home is connected to the tweet, or not.

If not, it could be anything but there's an urgency to the messages from your mother so it's unlikely to be good news. Brace yourself.

If it's connected to the tweet / de-friending, your father will take one of two approaches (perhaps both)...

He'll look to address the incident or the cause (or both).

If he starts with the incident, he'll talk about how upset you made your sister / friends / mother (I used to get that one ... "your mother is soooo upset") and his aim is to get things back to normal because ... head of the household etc. it's his job to keep things under control.

Up to you how you deal with this but perhaps you can acquiesce without too mich loss of 'face' and say you'll have a chat with your sister to sort things out etc. Your father's mission is accomplished so that might be an end to it.

If he wants to address the root cause i.e. your position regarding the tweet it's going to be tougher because he might be making a 'request for change'.

I can't help much regarding how to handle that, other than to say what I would do merely to offer you a potential option. Ultimately, though, it's your call because you alone understand the impact of any given response.

My approach, when faced with the "I just don't know what to do about you" line of questioning, would be to calmly make it understood that you are not the problem e.g. ...

"What do I have to do convince you that you're wrong?"

"Good question. If you come up with an idea, please share it, because it might be a useful argument to convince my sister that she's wrong. Thanks."

Consider

Whatever occurs, try to avoid escalation and keep it reasonable and friendly. Thnk long term.

Good luck.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
14-11-2015, 05:33 AM
Good luck.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
14-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Hug

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post