(14-11-2015 03:58 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  [Image: 61360525.jpg]

Oh my Shy

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
16-11-2015, 09:27 AM
RE: Possible intervention
Just out of curiosity, what did the offending tweet say that caused this backlash, or was it more about it coming from the thinking atheist?

I am with FC, I vent here. This is my outlet for all the anger and frustration I sometimes feel. I keep FB neutral, or I would literally be arguing 24 hours a day if I ever replied to the wall of crap like I really feel. I am out to my parents, sister, and close friends (who are mainly non-believers anyway) and am slowly coming out to some cousins (with mixed results), but to publicly out myself on twitter or FB??? You are quite spirited izel!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
16-11-2015, 09:40 AM
(14-11-2015 10:29 AM)izel Wrote:  
(14-11-2015 09:13 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Do tell!

I didn't get stoned to death Laugh out load On a serious note: We just talked, they wanted to know why I'm drifting away from god. I lied a bit Tongue not a lot though.

I told them its not God I'm drifting away from, its the religion (if that makes any sense at all) I point out to my mother especially that according to our faith, either she or her entire family will burn in hell for ever and ever and ever. My mother is a former catholic, not sure if I ever mentioned this. She is Italian (not Turkish) different race Smile converted to Islam when married my father. My family don't really care rather I worship god or not, in my culture is mostly what will others say about you sort of thing. I told them I'm not interested living a life worrying what others will say or think.

One of the facts I pointed out to them is, rather I'm a muslim or not, we are still going to hell. When asked why would you think that? I told them, non of us has ever prayed as Islam demands 5 times a day prayer, Dad drinks alcohol, huge haram, non of us are covered. We stand no chance with the big guy up there.

Even though they know right and wrong, turning your back to god is still a big no no. And talking shit about god on twitter is apparently even a bigger no no.
With a promise to not talk shit on the internet Consider I was let off with warning Laugh out load

So that about sums it up. Bowing Allah akbar! fuckers
ThumbsupBowing
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
20-11-2015, 12:24 PM
This is why I maintain multiple twitter and skype accounts

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 1 user Likes Aoi Magi's post
20-11-2015, 02:41 PM
(14-11-2015 12:34 AM)izel Wrote:  So yesterday I decided to retweet a something from @ThinkAtheist and immediately got unfollowed by my sister soon after by bunch of friends.
this morning as soon as I leave work my mom texts me

[Image: Screenshot_2015-11-14-08-16-04-1_zpstkqnkdds.jpg]

So basically saying my dad needs to talk to me immediately. My parents know I work night shift, they won't just make me go for something small.
I told her I just got off from work, I been working all night and am very tired, I'm going home sleep for few hours and then I will come by.

I don't know how to handle this situation, I'm frustrated. I know if I tell them the truth it will hurt them and I do not wanna do that to them. I don't even know why I'm posting this, right now I'm too tired to think clearly. I guess I'll just see what happens today. Wish me luck...

Tell the truth. It is simpler that way. They will adjust if they have any sense. It is obvious to myself you are a person of quality. Trust in you. As I do.

Good luck. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
20-11-2015, 02:42 PM
(14-11-2015 08:36 AM)izel Wrote:  It didn't go as bad as I thought Ohmy at least I'm somewhat peaking out of the closet. Thanks everyone... Heart you all

Oh you did it! Great. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
20-11-2015, 03:29 PM
I couldn't possibly drift away from God... He's either everywhere; in which case, no direction is away. Or he's non existent, which brings the same conclusion.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
23-11-2015, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2015 06:12 PM by izel.)
(16-11-2015 09:27 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, what did the offending tweet say that caused this backlash, or was it more about it coming from the thinking atheist?

I am with FC, I vent here. This is my outlet for all the anger and frustration I sometimes feel. I keep FB neutral, or I would literally be arguing 24 hours a day if I ever replied to the wall of crap like I really feel. I am out to my parents, sister, and close friends (who are mainly non-believers anyway) and am slowly coming out to some cousins (with mixed results), but to publicly out myself on twitter or FB??? You are quite spirited izel!

Sorry for a late response, I sort of thought this was over already. I'm not sure what caused her to react the way she did, I had retweeted from thinking atheist as far as year ago and no one seemed to give a shit, so it may had been the tweet. Since then, I have lost quite few friends, but I really couldn't care less, if I am forced to believe same as you and think as you in order for us to be friends, then it isn't really a friendship is it? Those who care and matter are still in my life, I still talk shit on twitter also Smile. On the down side though, few days after the backlash my younger sister called me, she was telling me how she too has been questioning our religion, I quickly shut her off by telling her to shut the fuck up and not talk stupid due to, if she rebels up thinking I'll have her back, I'll be getting blamed for her rebellion as well. As much as I would love to support her and talk sense to her, I can not get my self into that situation. My older sister is married to a somewhat more of an old fashioned family, I suppose she gets fed with bullshit more often then me and my younger sister and then she tries to feed us the same bullshit. Funny thing is though, if you would see her in the street, no way you would be able to tell what God she worships, total slut Laugh out load as far as her dresses and make up goes, but in my country they don't care what kind of image you have, as long as you believe in God, that should do for you to be accepted in the society. That is how stupid the mentality is. I'll try and post a picture of my sister one of these days, its just that we don't get along very well, therefore I try and keep my distance. Don't get me wrong, anybody messes with one of us, the other two are ready to rip your eyes out, but with each other all we do is fight Laugh out load

Edit: Turns out I had a picture on my phone. Posted on picture section. Read the warning label first though Blink

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user