Possible or impossible? this is the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 07:14 AM
RE: Possible or impossible? this is the question!
Alla,

If you truly aren't trolling, I am confused. You posed a basic question to this forum and it was answered with several quality posts with references and well explained flaws in the Adam and Eve creation myth. You thanked the posters, claiming you would read the responses.

However, instead of further inquiry of those responses, you've chosen to argue the meaning and intent of the word "dirt". Are you for fucking real? Given all of the holes in the Adam & Eve myth you'd like to discuss what the authors meant by dirt?

You are trolling or you are one of the most ignorant(brainwashed???) individuals I've encountered.

Read the posts that were provided and if you have real, big boy/big girl questions on what was provided, please do so, otherwise take your Clinton style response and GTFO.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
09-05-2016, 08:23 AM
(08-05-2016 08:13 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  But you asked about what the original authors meant,
Yes.
(08-05-2016 08:13 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  and that appears to be that humans were essentially born from earth, specifically from a clay egg.
So, you don't know what the authors meant. OK.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-05-2016, 08:25 AM
(09-05-2016 05:50 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  And yet the Bible instructs us to "lean not on our own understanding". Curious.
Exactly. Thumbsup No authors of the book, no understanding of what they were actually saying.

09-05-2016, 08:30 AM
SitaSky Wrote:So yeah, I guess nothing is impossible but Adam and Eve, the biblical account of Adam and Eve, is not possible or probable,
Yes, no human body literally can be formed out of the dust of the ground. It is impossible, it is not probable.
But did the authors of the book claimed this?

09-05-2016, 08:42 AM
(09-05-2016 08:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  
SitaSky Wrote:So yeah, I guess nothing is impossible but Adam and Eve, the biblical account of Adam and Eve, is not possible or probable,
Yes, no human body literally can be formed out of the dust of the ground. It is impossible, it is not probable.

How many people have to quote it?

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Multiple posters have quoted this to you. Stop trolling.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-05-2016, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 09:17 AM by Full Circle.)
Dear Lost and Wondering (pun intended),

The species Homo sapien evolved over eons. There was never a first Adam and Eve.

Kinda like this
[Image: oAnfA.jpg]

Keep in mind that paleontologists have found many human-like species that are not Homo sapien. You would have to explain away such lineages as those shown below and why they hit a dead end and their “Adam and Eve” seed died out. (Can’t wait!)

[Image: 10_18_2013_homo-tree.jpg]

In the end, the Adam and Eve story was invented by humans at a time when we did not understand our own evolution. It is an elementary fairy tale, simple and explanatory for a species looking for answers and making shit up when bumping into the unknown.

What is remarkable to me is how in this day and age, when we have gathered so much evidence to explain how our species evolved, people like you close your eyes and wish it away because they want to believe in fairies.

Sad.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
09-05-2016, 09:15 AM
(08-05-2016 11:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  I was told that biblical Adam and Eve are impossible. As a believer that they were real people I want to know why they are impossible.
Thank you.

You may be better off asking the people who told you they were real to provide empirical evidence in support of this notion. It's obviously more rational to prove the existence of something, rather than to disprove its existence.

Do you really, personally need some sort of proof that leprechauns don't exist? Of course not.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
09-05-2016, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 09:29 AM by purpledaisies.)
I'm not understanding how you couldn't understand that the Adam and eve is impossible. We have provided more then enough evidence to prove that Adam and eve is impossible. Not only debunking humans made from dirt but the the imbreding should be enough to show that it is impossible.

So my question is why are you STILL asking for proof after we provided more then enough?

Also it seems as though you haven't read the bible since you keep asking if the bible claims that humans were made from dirt. Every single person I've ever Been around knows that the bible says this. So I have to ask why are you not as Familiar With the bible as you should be if you are as religious as you say?
09-05-2016, 10:09 AM
(09-05-2016 08:25 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 05:50 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  And yet the Bible instructs us to "lean not on our own understanding". Curious.
Exactly. Thumbsup No authors of the book, no understanding of what they were actually saying.

This makes no sense.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
09-05-2016, 10:11 AM
(09-05-2016 08:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  

We can only go by what they wrote. If we have to speculate about what they meant instead of taking it as written, then the book is useless. We might as well just make up our own meaning, which is exactly what believers do.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post