Possible or impossible? this is the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Possible or impossible? this is the question!
(08-05-2016 05:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 11:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Probably has something to do with dirt not being able to become living, breathing humans.

Hope that helps.
Nope. what is "dirt of the ground"?

God had allergies and snotted out the primordial ooze when the pollen kicked in.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2016, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2016 10:31 AM by Reltzik.)
(09-05-2016 08:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 08:13 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  But you asked about what the original authors meant,
Yes.
(08-05-2016 08:13 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  and that appears to be that humans were essentially born from earth, specifically from a clay egg.
So, you don't know what the authors meant. OK.

... how did you get me not knowing what the authors meant from that? That was an answer -- with qualifiers, of course, but an answer. The original authors didn't say dust from the ground. The original authors had a clay egg formed by a goddess. Dust from the ground was a phrase placed there not by the original authors, but by unoriginal plagiarizers.

EDIT: But also, say for a moment that we didn't know and that it was impossible to find out. Why would we care? If the true meanings of words in the tale are so obscure that simple phrases are unintelligible, then the passage is useless for understanding anything. It either stands as written or it is gibberish beyond our ability to comprehend... meaning it is either flat wrong, or flat useless. Or both.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
09-05-2016, 11:06 AM
So far Alla, I'm understanding that you believe that fictional characters written in a story book were real live human beings.

This belief is inconsistent with observed reality.

Is it possible to roll a 7, 8, 9 or higher on a 6 sided dice that contains the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 (each number on each face of the die) ?

Answer : No it's not possible
Why ? - inconsistent with observed reality.

A basket contains 10 apples
Is it possible that the basket contains 10,000 apples ?

Why ? - inconsistent with observed reality

A story about two human beings created (one from dirt, one from a rib)
Is this possible ?

Why ? - inconsistent with observed reality

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
09-05-2016, 11:50 AM
(09-05-2016 09:24 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I'm not understanding how you couldn't understand that the Adam and eve is impossible. We have provided more then enough evidence to prove that Adam and eve is impossible. Not only debunking humans made from dirt but the the imbreding should be enough to show that it is impossible.

So my question is why are you STILL asking for proof after we provided more then enough?

Also it seems as though you haven't read the bible since you keep asking if the bible claims that humans were made from dirt. Every single person I've ever Been around knows that the bible says this. So I have to ask why are you not as Familiar With the bible as you should be if you are as religious as you say?

Alla I would love for you to answer my questions. Thanks
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
09-05-2016, 12:17 PM
(09-05-2016 08:30 AM)Alla Wrote:  
SitaSky Wrote:So yeah, I guess nothing is impossible but Adam and Eve, the biblical account of Adam and Eve, is not possible or probable,
Yes, no human body literally can be formed out of the dust of the ground. It is impossible, it is not probable.
But did the authors of the book claimed this?

Yes "the book" The Holy Bible claims that the first man and woman were formed from dust, later it says woman from a rib. Why do you keep answering questions with more questions and why are they the same questions over and over again? If there is a point you want to make, just make it.

Let's put it this way, even if the Bible said that Yahweh created the first man and woman the old fashioned way, he literally had sex with another woman, a physical lady and had a boy and a girl and they married each other and started to populate the Earth it's still impossible due to the diversity of human life on this planet, it doesn't take into account the genetic connections between us and other apes and the clear fossil record that shows our evolution.

Even if the Bible said that the first man and woman were actually made from two other humans, who made them? Where did they come from? Another planet? Ok which planet did they come from? How were they transported here? When did this happen? Was it 10,000 years ago or 100,000 years ago? Why did they come here? Where did all the other animals come from? What does "the book" have to say about diversity of life, the complexity of the DNA, etc.? How can you prove any of this happened? What is the difference between saying "God made the first man and woman" and saying "A wizard named Bob the Great made the first man and woman."?

You love to ask us questions, why not answer these questions I have posed? I know they will be hard to answer because your "book" doesn't have much to say about it. The fact is it's not possible for every single human being on this planet to descend from one couple, it simply never happened.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
09-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Alla,

Why would you believe that such primacy facie absurd story were even possible, much less true?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
09-05-2016, 01:10 PM
I have another question, did you ever study DNA in school? I ask because this is basic biology. I studied this in high school. Some may have studied in jrhigh but I'm old. Lol
09-05-2016, 03:03 PM
(09-05-2016 02:50 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I've written a little story about Johnny baking a cake.

Little Johnny was 5 years old and he loved cake.
One day he took some dirt and mixed it with water to make a mud cake.

He placed it in the oven and waited. After a short while he opened the oven and found a real cake. He was so happy. He took the cake out of the oven and ate as much as his little tummy could hold.

The end.

Questions
Did this really happen ?
Why is it impossible that a mud cake would turn into a real cake ?
Why is that so hard to believe that this could really happen ?

Not only possible but plausible. I'd gleefully put a secret panel in the oven just to switch cakes and mess with Little Johnny's head.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
09-05-2016, 03:16 PM
(09-05-2016 11:06 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So far Alla, I'm understanding that you believe that fictional characters written in a story book were real live human beings.

This belief is inconsistent with observed reality.

Is it possible to roll a 7, 8, 9 or higher on a 6 sided dice that contains the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 (each number on each face of the die) ?

Actually it is. You just need a very sharp sword and very good aim.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
09-05-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm confused, does alla think that all humans descended from those two? Or that all Jews did? The first is patently false since other people were around before that and those other people have living descendants. If the second a) that's horribly racist, and b) that simply doesn't pan out.