Possible or impossible? this is the question!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Possible or impossible? this is the question!
(09-05-2016 11:50 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 09:24 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I'm not understanding how you couldn't understand that the Adam and eve is impossible. We have provided more then enough evidence to prove that Adam and eve is impossible. Not only debunking humans made from dirt but the the imbreding should be enough to show that it is impossible.

So my question is why are you STILL asking for proof after we provided more then enough?

Also it seems as though you haven't read the bible since you keep asking if the bible claims that humans were made from dirt. Every single person I've ever Been around knows that the bible says this. So I have to ask why are you not as Familiar With the bible as you should be if you are as religious as you say?

Alla I would love for you to answer my questions. Thanks

Alla is a troll.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Reltzik Wrote:EDIT: But also, say for a moment that we didn't know and that it was impossible to find out. Why would we care? If the true meanings of words in the tale are so obscure that simple phrases are unintelligible, then the passage is useless for understanding anything. It either stands as written or it is gibberish beyond our ability to comprehend... meaning it is either flat wrong, or flat useless.
This is very, very good point. I totally agree with you.
My point is this: I hear from some atheists that they became atheists after they learned about the evolution and other science. Most likely they never believed the creation story any way. So, I wanted to know for myself how this knowledge is going to effect my faith in Christ and my belief in creation story. I heard the answers, some of them were not serious, but some of them were serious. I really appreciate the serious ones.
I accept evolution, I accept all the evidences that we have. And I know for myself now in what way it effects my believes and my faith.
I am glad I know it. I thank all those who helped me in this thread.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Evolution had nothing to do with my personal deconversion. I was taught that the story was allegorical, about the emergence of consciousness. About how when man became self aware he lost his innocence and became aware of his own mortality. This meant that there was not any actual person of Adam, it was just a symbol used to represent mankind. I was taught and believed a literal belief in the Genesis account was heretical.
09-05-2016, 08:58 PM
(09-05-2016 08:51 PM)natachan Wrote:  Evolution had nothing to do with my personal deconversion. I was taught that the story was allegorical, about the emergence of consciousness. About how when man became self aware he lost his innocence and became aware of his own mortality. This meant that there was not any actual person of Adam, it was just a symbol used to represent mankind. I was taught and believed a literal belief in the Genesis account was heretical.

I agree, I didn't learn about evolution until I was 14 and I became atheist at 12 for many other reasons but the only reason someone might be swayed by this new information is because it presents a natural cause for life and our existence, no god needed. I would think most of the magical mumbo jumbo and immoral nonsense in the Bible should be enough for anyone to question it, science should be the final shattering blow to any faith you have left remaining. Unless you just want to change your faith to fit the science or change the science to fit your faith which is dishonest.

Any theist who would say that Adam was a real person is just fooling themselves or interpreting the Bible in a new way to make more symbolic, even if it was allegorical that doesn't make it true or worth believing in.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
09-05-2016, 09:08 PM
(08-05-2016 05:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 11:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Probably has something to do with dirt not being able to become living, breathing humans.

Hope that helps.
Nope. what is "dirt of the ground"?

Probably dirt that came off the ground. I mean, that's what the words say.

Now, if you're going to be deliberately stupid, don't mind me for sitting on the sidelines and lobbing potshots at your dumb ass. But if you want to have an honest conversation, demonstrate your personal integrity by reading what is written and not seeking semantical excuses for your fetish.

The choice is yours. You will demonstrate your integrity with it, and you will be treated accordingly.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-05-2016, 11:15 PM
(09-05-2016 08:58 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  ...I didn't learn about evolution until I was 14 and I became atheist at 12 for many other reasons
That is why I said "some atheists". I just read their testimonies(stories).
(09-05-2016 08:58 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  but the only reason someone might be swayed by this new information is because it presents a natural cause for life and our existence, no god needed.
I understand this. If you have intelligence you can govern yourself. God is not needed.
If physical elements have intelligence they can govern themselves, they can "obey" natural laws. God is not needed.
But some physical matter(elements) can not govern itself, it has no intelligence.
Why not all physical matter has intelligence?
I believe that without God's involvement physical element/physical matter can not have intelligence and can not govern itself.
But as soon as God somehow gives this intelligence to physical elements, they 'know" what they have to do. Sometimes physical elements don't govern themselves perfectly.
P.S. I am not telling you because I think you will believe me. I just share with you this to show why I have no problem to be theist.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-05-2016, 12:17 AM
(09-05-2016 11:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 08:58 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  ...I didn't learn about evolution until I was 14 and I became atheist at 12 for many other reasons
That is why I said "some atheists". I just read their testimonies(stories).
(09-05-2016 08:58 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  but the only reason someone might be swayed by this new information is because it presents a natural cause for life and our existence, no god needed.
I understand this. If you have intelligence you can govern yourself. God is not needed.
If physical elements have intelligence they can govern themselves, they can "obey" natural laws. God is not needed.
But some physical matter(elements) can not govern itself, it has no intelligence.
Why not all physical matter has intelligence?
I believe that without God's involvement physical element/physical matter can not have intelligence and can not govern itself.
But as soon as God somehow gives this intelligence to physical elements, they 'know" what they have to do. Sometimes physical elements don't govern themselves perfectly.
P.S. I am not telling you because I think you will believe me. I just share with you this to show why I have no problem to be theist.

Organic matter can have intelligence if it has a brain and conciousness. A rock doesn't have a brain but there are natural causes for brain development and sentience, still no God needed. Just because it's complex, doesn't make it magical. We can clearly see in the fossil record how our brains evolved via adaptation and natural selection, it wasn't imbued into us, it was a gradual change that took place over billions of years and favored positive traits like creativity and abstract problem solving, even love, this is not magic ,it's nature.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
10-05-2016, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 12:55 AM by kingschosen.)
(08-05-2016 11:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  I was told that biblical Adam and Eve are impossible. As a believer that they were real people I want to know why they are impossible.
Thank you.

Seriously? C'mon, you're not that retarded.

Let's see how many I can list off the top of my head:

1) It's based on Akkadian and Sumerian literature written ~1000 years prior.
2) It's written in the ANE style of historical story-telling.
3) The story helicopters its wang at basic science.
4) There are two very different Biblical accounts in Genesis 1 and 2.
5) The story bones itself when Cain leaves to meet up with other people when there were supposedly only his family in existence.
6) The story portrays God as multiple beings and as not being omniscient (this is a carry over from previous cultures' interpretations of "God" and their polytheistic beliefs).
7) Carnivores lol

That's all I can think of right now, but I know there are plenty more. Look, I'm a Christian, but I'm not going to pretend the creation account is supposed to be taken literally. It was never supposed to be taken literally... my brother and I did a whole podcast on this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
10-05-2016, 12:51 AM
(10-05-2016 12:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 11:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  I was told that biblical Adam and Eve are impossible. As a believer that they were real people I want to know why they are impossible.
Thank you.

Seriously? C'mon, you're not that retarded.

You pessimist, you.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
10-05-2016, 12:55 AM
(10-05-2016 12:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It was never supposed to be taken literally... my brother and I did a whole podcast on this.

Creation mythology in world history.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.